Anderson - is he the 'real deal'? | Retires age 31

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Club legend. May he eat in peace.

Charlie Foley

Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves.

In the end it turns out only Nani had any form of a meaningful career in football.
Harvgreaves won 2 champions league titles, 4 Bundesliga titles, the premier league in 2008, was England player of the year 2006 and england’s Best player at the World Cup. “Not a meaningful career,” what nonsense :lol:

freeurmind

weak willed
People forget how good he was there for a bit, played every week and also that he had an awful knee injury and really was never the same after that.

United58

Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves.

In the end it turns out only Nani had any form of a meaningful career in football.
??? Hargreaves won 6 league titles and 2 Champions Leagues in Germany and England. In his one fit season for us, we won the league and Champions League double and he was good that year - that free kick against Arsenal was stunning.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thanks for that pen.

Hear here....

Would you trust Pogba or Rashford with a penalty of such magnitude ?

Not sure I would....
To be fair, as @limerickcitykid said, Rashford did score that penalty against PSG. He would've had a tonne of pressure on him and he was ice cool. I myself couldn't look at the TV and he didn't break a sweat!

Sing you a song

They only thing the fat feck could finish was his dinner along with the rest of the teams. Pushing someone deeper because they can't shoot the ball for shit is hardly weird.

One of the biggest jokers I've ever seen wear the shirt.
Hate to see vitriol like this aimed at one of our ex players especially coming from one of our so-called fans ! Cool your jets pal he wasn’t the best player ever but he played the game with a great big smile on his face and had a true love for our club .
We’ve had better players but we’ve also had a hell of a lot worse . I wish him all the best .

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Hate to see vitriol like this aimed at one of our ex players especially coming from one of our so-called fans ! Cool your jets pal he wasn’t the best player ever but he played the game with a great big smile on his face and had a true love for our club .
We’ve had better players but we’ve also had a hell of a lot worse . I wish him all the best .
It doesn't matter how good he was.

He wasn't paid to have a smile on his face. Having a smile on my face doesn't do my job for me.

He's the most unprofessional player we've had who couldn't even do his job because he's a fat feck who couldn't put together even a basic fitness level. If he loved the club so much he'd have actually put some effort in.

We've had worse players who actually put in effort and held down a basic level of fitness allowing them to do their job.

He's an absolute joker who did feck all, is a fat feck, and has had to retire early after doing sweet feck all for years because he didn't have a modicum of professionalism. He should have been fecked out of the club long before he was. But he smiled so we should all praise him right? No wonder he was smiling, making millions for being a fat feck who didn't even attempt to do his job for years.

Green_Red

People forget how good he was there for a bit, played every week and also that he had an awful knee injury and really was never the same after that.
I remember, stumbled into MacDonalds and busted his knee on a Ronald statue or something wasnt it?

MAME DIOUF 32

What a massive disappointment his career was. Even now you have to think he's young enough at 31 to grow up, get into shape and play at a decent level but the desire clearly isn't there and hasn't been for a decade. Young players get a load of stick for being flashy and immature, but maybe some of them deserve a bit more credit for maintaining their work ethic when the money's rolling in and not becoming Anderson.

He could've been an excellent box to box player and still be at United now. I still believe the talent was there.

Green_Red

Cant wait to see the fat Ronaldo / Baptista version of Anderson in the paper. He will stack it on now that he isnt running around anymore.

Sing you a song

It doesn't matter how good he was.

He wasn't paid to have a smile on his face. Having a smile on my face doesn't do my job for me.

He's the most unprofessional player we've had who couldn't even do his job because he's a fat feck who couldn't put together even a basic fitness level. If he loved the club so much he'd have actually put some effort in.

We've had worse players who actually put in effort and held down a basic level of fitness allowing them to do their job.

He's an absolute joker who did feck all, is a fat feck, and has had to retire early after doing sweet feck all for years because he didn't have a modicum of professionalism. He should have been fecked out of the club long before he was. But he smiled so we should all praise him right? No wonder he was smiling, making millions for being a fat feck who didn't even attempt to do his job for years.
Sorry mate did you think he was overweight?

Luke1995

Before he moved to Europe he was a much more offensive minded player with fantastic skills and stunning pace.

I've found a footage of him in the Under 17 2005 World Championship, but not sure how to post media here

Gopher Brown

Waste of a career
He achieved more in his wasted career than the majority of players could ever dream of.

For a boy from a violent and drug-filled slum in Brazil he did well, although he could have achieved much, much more.

caid

He basically retired after the champions league. Kind of reminds me of Lee Sharpe. Except likable.

Foxbatt

Walk a mile in his shoes before you criticise him. Especially from his early life to where he got himself. He has won a CL and a couple of PL titles, while playing for the biggest club in the world. It's not only Anderson but even Nani regressed after the departure of Carlos Quiroz. It's not coincidence that they regressed after the coming of Phelan. I have stated that even at that time this is happening. Different players react to different situations differently.

Luke1995

I think it was career mismanagement on his part to accept our offer. He knew he wouldn't be the main man with Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs here. He knew it would be hard for him to start as a winger or as a number 10.

Ferguson basically saw him play and thought ''Wow what a wonderful talent I need to sign him! But there is no place here in his position, so I will sucessfully turn him into a defensive midfielder...''

If Anderson had moved to a team built around him which allowed him to play as he used to, he could have been a better player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Walk a mile in his shoes before you criticise him.
Aye that's always my motto too.

At least then if they disagree with you, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
And he shits on Fabregas!

Don’t care of people think his career was a waste, he had the balls to score a pen helping us to win the champions league final. Club legend and always played with a smile. Club legend and worth every penny seeing though he helped us win what we did in that time.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Walk a mile in his shoes before you criticise him. Especially from his early life to where he got himself. He has won a CL and a couple of PL titles, while playing for the biggest club in the world. It's not only Anderson but even Nani regressed after the departure of Carlos Quiroz. It's not coincidence that they regressed after the coming of Phelan. I have stated that even at that time this is happening. Different players react to different situations differently.
He couldn't walk a mile in his own shoes.

Siorac

The OP of this thread proved to be prophetic, a far more accurate summary if Anderson than anyone on the first page was willing to admit.

(Though he did bafflingly list good stamina as one of Anderson's better qualities)

SirAF

Ageist
What a wasteman! I’ll never forget his penalty in Moscow though :drool:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Anyone know what he's up to now? Like seriously up to. No eating or weight jokes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The window where we signed Nani and Anderson was the most hyped I've ever been by any of our transfers, mostly because I'd never seen them play but had heard they were brilliant. Even with one of them having been disappointment and the other a total failure, it's still a nice memory.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
And he shits on Fabregas!

Don’t care of people think his career was a waste, he had the balls to score a pen helping us to win the champions league final. Club legend and always played with a smile. Club legend and worth every penny seeing though he helped us win what we did in that time.
How many Champions League did Fabregas won? So... Anderson > Fabregas ftw