Music Anderson .Paak

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I recently saw a recommendation on reddit for this guy for people who liked Frank Ocean so I gave his most recent album 'Malibu' a listen and I love it. Anyone else like him?

He kind of reminds of Kendrick Lamar, especially Heart Don't Stand A Chance. The 'champagne falling down' bit sounds very Pimp A Butterfly.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I recently saw a recommendation on reddit for this guy for people who liked Frank Ocean so I gave his most recent album 'Malibu' a listen and I love it. Anyone else like him?

He kind of reminds of Kendrick Lamar, especially Heart Don't Stand A Chance. The 'champagne falling down' bit sounds very Pimp A Butterfly.
Heart Don't Stand a Chance is brilliant.

Tarrou

speaking of Frank Ocean, when the hell is he gonna release his new album? It's getting ridiculous now

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I quite like putting the album on when having dinner and a few drinks with a couple of friends. The track with Schoolboy Q is quite nice.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Gave it a listen, quite like it. Beat on Your Prime is neat, if I didn't check the producers I would've said that Pharrell made it.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Love his work on Dre's Compton album. One of the best things about it.
Possibly the best thing about it in my opinion. The tracks I go back to from that album tend to have him in. Keep meaning to check him out, will do now!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Just listened to one of his tracks and thought to myself "he's nothing like Billy Ocean". Then realised you'd said Frank Ocean :lol:

Dante

Average bang
Come Down is more James Brown than James Brown.

The whole thing plays almost like a black music tribute album. And I don't mean that as a criticism.

Dante

Average bang
I'm calling it now. This will be my favourite album of 2016. I was actually in the middle of listening to it when Brown Toothpick and Rado_N bumped this thread. Freaky.

Dante

Average bang
Kendrick Lamar tried to channel James Brown on TPAB and fell short. Anderson Paak hits the mark (if that's at all possible).

BootsyCollins

He is a very talented guy and i love his voice.
Apperently signed to Aftermath now, so he will either be 50, Game, Eminem like or fail to release something. Dre does not have a great track record with releasing more R´n´B like artists.

Would rather see him on somewhere like Strange Music where he gets full creative freedom, but time will tell.

Uniquim

What's with the dot anyway?
"The dot stands for "detail" — always be paying attention to detail. I feel that people take you as serious as you take yourself. I spent a lot of time working on my craft, developing my style, and after I came out of my little incubation I promised that I would pay attention to detail. And on top of that, I want to make sure that dot is always there to remind me and to remind others." - Anderson .Paak to npr.

Dante

Average bang
No word of an exaggeration: Malibu is one of my all time favourite albums.

I'm in my thirties now, so I haven't made a declaration like that in ages. But this is my first exception in ages.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Apparently killed it on Hip-Hop Kemp in Czech Rep. His rapping/singing while on drumset is pretty impressive.

Dante

Average bang
No word of an exaggeration: Malibu is one of my all time favourite albums.

I'm in my thirties now, so I haven't made a declaration like that in ages. But this is my first exception in ages.
I assume this was a drunk post, but I stand by it.

DarkXaero

Malibu might be my favorite album this year and it has been a very strong year for music. I wanted to see him live this summer but didn't have the chance.