Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This has to be the most boring thread on the whole forum.

Cina

Yeah, it never goes anywhere and just keeps getting bigger.

Apt, then.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Had a good 1st half, but faded so badly again in the 2nd. I will be sad when it happens but his exit is looking very likely.

Cina

I thought he had a pretty good first half as well, but he had two weeks off and still looked absolutely wankered when he was subbed off, and he was poor in the second half too. It's just not good enough at all.

NM

With his history, people are not happy with ok/good performances. He was ok today, not bad as some will say

Ash_G

I actually thought he played better in the second half when the game became more stretched, weird.
Really? I've always thought that the more open a game gets the better he looks. He has more space to exploit and usually more time to make a decision/pass. It's when it's tight and you need to be more accurate/patient that I think he struggles.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Average game from him today. Played some very nice through balls at times and largely kept things ticking over. Him and Carrick controlled the game comfortably in the first half and continually released Kagawa between the lines.

It wasn't a spectacular performance no, but in the end the team looked like it was sent out to get the job done using as little energy as possible and he helped achieve that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Had a good 1st half, but faded so badly again in the 2nd. I will be sad when it happens but his exit is looking very likely.
Yeah I agree with that.

It didn't help that he seemed to change his style in the 2nd half. He looked good playing simple balls and patiently building in the first, whilst in the 2nd he decided to try and force things.

He should watch Michael Carrick closely who keeps it simple and plays a very effective game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure I agree with this, he shouldn't be trying to play the same way as Carrick, he isn't Carrick, he offers something different from Carrick.
That is the thing, does he offer anything Carrick doesn't?

I certainly think Anderson would be a far better player if he kept his patience and played simple balls which kept the game ticking over. He obviously has this in his locker (as shown in the first half) but when the game becomes a little bit more high tempo and we are under the cosh, he fades and struggles at keeping possession. Trying to force things in those situations is normally a recipe for disaster.

Sam

Typical Anderson today....First half, everyone's playing well, we're in control, Anderson has time and space, and looks good....Second half, we drop a bit, Sunderland up their game and start pressurising, and Anderson falls to pieces and goes missing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He seems like he is in energy saving mode for 95% of the game, yet he looks exhausted when subbed off.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
As long as he's not injured, he has a chance of consistent improvement, through next seasons and I wish him that, very much.

Shark

@NotShark
If he is to stay here for the long run, he'll only ever be a decent squad player IMO. He's just not good enough to be anything more than that, with or without injuries.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I actually didn't think he looked knackered to be honest. Looked more disappointed than tired.
Yeah, he did look disappointed. Had a look of resignation about him I thought.

Rossa

He was on his last legs mate.
I'm not so sure. I also think a lot of you are making too much fuss about his so called fitness problems. Cleverley has never lasted 90mins for United, yet he seems to evade this criticism that is so readily handed out for Anderson - if anything, I think Anderson's second halves tend to be better than those of Cleverley's.

I think he played quite well today - looked to hold back a bit as he didn't accelerate like we know he can. Did he wear something for his hamstring?

Ekeke

Anderson rarely has 2 good halves of football, whether its to do with his fitness or not. Cleverley far more often has a good game not a good half

Rossa

Anderson rarely has 2 good halves of football, whether its to do with his fitness or not. Cleverley far more often has a good game not a good half
Beg to differ. When was the last time Cleverley played two good halves and thus a coherently well played match? Both of them struggle to finish 90 minutes the way they play. It's not good enough by either, but if Ando is to be criticised for this, so should Cleverley - big ass or not!

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Beg to differ. When was the last time Cleverley played two good halves and thus a coherently well played match? Both of them struggle to finish 90 minutes the way they play. It's not good enough by either, but if Ando is to be criticised for this, so should Cleverley - big ass or not!
Agree. Its becoming a recurring theme with Cleverley lately. Impresses in the first and then goes anonymous for the second.

Siorac

The thing is that Cleverley usually plays better than Anderson... and it's his second full season at the club while for Anderson it's the sixth, without any noticeable improvement.

Brophs

The One and Only
Too often this season he's been passable and no more. If he stays for next season you'd have to hope we'll see greater consistency from him. Though the signs this season haven't been good in that respect, though we've seen some good performances at times.

Shark

@NotShark
Too often this season he's been passable and no more. If he stays for next season you'd have to hope we'll see greater consistency from him. Though the signs this season haven't been good in that respect, though we've seen some good performances at times.
That's all that I'm expecting from him now, just some consistency and fewer injury concerns. I've given up on him being anything more than a squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.