Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonnie

I've changed my tune on him. I don't think he will ever be a first team regular here... I'm not sure he would even get into the XI at Arsenal, Spurs, City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

He has some fantastic attributes but it doesn't all come together for him it seems.

Cina

I think he's better then Cleverely.
He's more talented than Cleverley, but if you look at their performances over the last two seasons, Cleverley has most definitely been the better and most consistent of the two on the football pitch.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
As we all... sorry, most of us know

@rioferby5: Can't believe David Moyes told Anderson to go on a diet, that's like telling @MCFC fans to fill the Etihad! It won't and never will happen!
What?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Hahah that would be funny.

Hope the little scamp stays around. He's a good influence in the dressing room.

Rossa

He's more talented than Cleverley, but if you look at their performances over the last two seasons, Cleverley has most definitely been the better and most consistent of the two on the football pitch.
But Ando is consistently slagged for not lasting 90 minutes which Cleverley hardly seems to be either. Cleverley may be more consistent, but Ando's talent is, as you say, greater than that of Cleverley. Both have a long way to go, but I think for a top midfielder, Ando has a greater chance of making it. Cleverley will be good, but hardly anything more than that.

Ash_G

But Ando is consistently slagged for not lasting 90 minutes which Cleverley hardly seems to be either. Cleverley may be more consistent, but Ando's talent is, as you say, greater than that of Cleverley. Both have a long way to go, but I think for a top midfielder, Ando has a greater chance of making it. Cleverley will be good, but hardly anything more than that.
I sort of agree but I also think whilst there's more consistency to Clev's game there's also less of a risk with Clev. I think ando has more to his game, passing wise he's capable of a greater range and his dribbling ability is something Clev doesn't have. Neither is a particularly incisive passer yet. But like I said I think Ando fluctuates a lot more, Clev is not as expansive as Ando and so can function to just keep the momentum going. Clev has gone of the boil in the last few months generally and has been prone to some poor stuff but Ando can be even more prone to being sloppy, maybe in part due to his more adventurous game.

Plus Ando continues to be very injury prone, I've said it before but I think its time to call it a day. I think he's talented and he brings a lot when he plays well but those days seem so far and in between and it would be nice to have that option over a whole season rather than just flashes.

I do have my doubts over Clev as a first choice midfielder, he's definitely a good option to have but not sure if he'll ever properly step up. He and Ando just both seem to be in between a central midfielder and an attacking midfielder, without really having the best qualities of either role. Still I think he's done enough to have another chance to push on, hopefully he can work on his fitness over the summer.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
all he had to do was keep fit and he'd have still been a decent enough player. that and injuries got him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Please don't close it mods. It's only fitting that Anderson of all people gets to keep his mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.