Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
what I like is that if he has a chance to score but someones in a better position, he'll pass it - even inspite of the crowd who he knows want him to start scoring

He's a very good player and I think when we need more from him, he'll begin to deliver on that score but right now he's building on a very good first season after a bad injury

Decotron

Help me out here... is he that Spanish kid Arsenal had who they thought was going to be world class and win them a load of trophies? Or am I thinking of Eboue?:confused:
I think thats the lad I meant........

I was more aiming to remind people he didnt score a goal for ages aswell and then got a good few soon after. Not sure what happened then, I think someone shit all over him :devil:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why are we so obsessed with him scoring?

Hes one of brightest young talents in football and hes looked great in the second half of this season. He needs that one season without injuries where he lifts his game up that one level but theres plenty of time and it will come.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Our least effective player tonight against Besiktas. Lost track of the number of times he overhit his passes. No touch at all, unusual for a Brazilian.

Young and learning and all, but still a very frustrating player sometimes.

Longsden_7

Our least effective player tonight against Besiktas. Lost track of the number of times he overhit his passes. No touch at all, unusual for a Brazilian.

Having Gibson as his midfield partner didnt help one bit

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Given the fact Gibson played well I find it pretty crazy he's getting blamed for Anderson not playing well.

If anything it was the other way around.

AttackingFlair

Wasn't his best of games but at the end, produced an amazing run and pull back showing his potential.

Ekeke

He had that one burst to get on the end of that Owen pass and a good pull back. But other than that... Well, he didnt stand out in a side with a lot of young prospects in it.

OneUnited24

His first bad game in a while and people think we should get rid, nice. Hes young, consistancy will come as he gets older

Mainoldo

Got to admit was very poor tonight!!! Never had any sort of effect on the game. I agree having Gibson as a partner didn't help but he should really be showing his class above players such as Gibson... and he just never.

RonaldoVII

Shit tonight. What takes the piss is that he gets 90 minutes. He should get hauled off before the hour mark, like other players who played twice as good as Ando tonight.

Kiwi Red

Nani = we all know is rubbish and should be sold at next available opportunity.

Anderson - I think the problem for the lad is that we can't work out entirely who to play him with, or what exact position to play him in.

1. The midfield is a combination - I don't know who Anderson works best with, but as a young player, he needs his fellow midfielders to be playing well around him.

2. Where to play him - I have no idea on this. He's not a DM, and every time I see him as a box-to-box player, that doesn't seem to suit either. Then, playing behind the strikers seems to work as he has a good eye for a pass, but his shooting isn't up to scratch for that. He's not a winger we all know.

So, where do we play him?

We must remember he's still young, he will learn with time, but he needs to start being more consistent to truly make it here.

OneUnited24

:lol:

He was excellent against Chelsea. This was a much changed team tonight.

Spacker.
Dont blame him its what a defeat does to some of our fans, had he got that assist tonight people would be praising him.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.

Have you ever been to a football match?

He was asked to play deep, despite the fact he is by far the best attacking midifieder at the club (and yes I include the first 11).

If you want to blame anyone look at SAF for playing the likes of Gibson, Wellbech (Campbell was by far the better talent), Park & Neville.

Rafeal was to blame for the first goal but why was he playing left back?

Terrible team selection, player positioning and tactics.

Mainoldo

Shit tonight. What takes the piss is that he gets 90 minutes. He should get hauled off before the hour mark, like other players who played twice as good as Ando tonight.
Like who?? I don't see what taking him off would have benefited...

Count Duckula

To be fair to the lad, Anderson was much worse than Gibson and yet wasn't sacrificed for Carrick. I suspect that's because Gibbo and Carrick are too similar in styles, however, so we couldn't have played them both at the same time - whereas Anderson offers us something different.

All 3 United

Nani = we all know is rubbish and should be sold at next available opportunity.

Anderson - I think the problem for the lad is that we can't work out entirely who to play him with, or what exact position to play him in.

1. The midfield is a combination - I don't know who Anderson works best with, but as a young player, he needs his fellow midfielders to be playing well around him.

2. Where to play him - I have no idea on this. He's not a DM, and every time I see him as a box-to-box player, that doesn't seem to suit either. Then, playing behind the strikers seems to work as he has a good eye for a pass, but his shooting isn't up to scratch for that. He's not a winger we all know.

So, where do we play him?

We must remember he's still young, he will learn with time, but he needs to start being more consistent to truly make it here.
SAF is recking talents like Anderson and to a lesser extent Nani by asking them to play deep and defend. You can tell within 20 mins of watching a footballer if they have talent and both the forementioned do. When played together with the other players with football brains like Berbatov & Rooney, we have one touch football but instead we have the 'i need space player/i can track back types in the team.

If Anderson and or Nani are ever sold on they will become one of the best in the world in their position.

onlyoneunited

I'm sorry but the team selection and tactics had the making of the opposition in the first half, save for one bad mistake. Are you sure you watched the game?

Only reason things changed in the second was because alot of the players dropped off in terms of workrate and making runs. Wellbeck and Macheda stopped making the runs they had been in the first and Gibson's workrate dropped considerably.

Whilst he wasn't great Gibson was a darn sight better than Anderson, who seemed unable to pass the ball either into a players run or to feet from 45mins onward add to that a lack of closing down the player with the ball quickly and anyone with a brain can see he had a mare in the second half, and not because of those around him.

All 3 United

WTF - Are you lot on Gibson was utter crap and was played where he was supposed to be his most effective. The commentators were there building him up at the beginning of the game but then every time his name was mentoned a Beskitas player was mentioned shortly after.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Anderson struggled today and despite playing with inexperienced team-mates, he was woeful. Needs to learn how to keep it simple in the lesser games and not take them for granted.

All 3 United

I'm sorry but the team selection and tactics had the making of the opposition in the first half, save for one bad mistake. Are you sure you watched the game?

Only reason things changed in the second was because alot of the players dropped off in terms of workrate and making runs. Wellbeck and Macheda stopped making the runs they had been in the first and Gibson's workrate dropped considerably.

Whilst he wasn't great Gibson was a darn sight better than Anderson, who seemed unable to pass the ball either into a players run or to feet from 45mins onward add to that a lack of closing down the player with the ball quickly and anyone with a brain can see he had a mare in the second half, and not because of those around him.
Yes, its not because of those around him..... but put Berbatov and Anderson in the same team and they click. Why because they can see things the vast majority of the rest of the squad will never be able to.

Brophs

The One and Only
His passing was utter pipe today. I'd like to see him impose himself on games like that more often. He has the ability, it's just whether he can bring it all together.

onlyoneunited

Yes, its not because of those around him..... but put Berbatov and Anderson in the same team and they click. Why because they can see things the vast majority of the rest of the squad will never be able to.
So why does he have up and down games when the full first choice team are playing? Surely he's supposed to be 'clicking' with them given their obvious qualities all the time?

Surely a match like this is a reason for Anderson to step up and provide an example to those around him with less experience, not use them as an excuse for a poor performance?

djemba's arse

Can't remember seeing them 'click' to be honest.
Cantona saw things no one else could. Scholes sees things no one else can. Difference is they made/make those around them better, not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.