Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

....didnt play at all in semi-finals,

you think the lad's dissapointed? He kept on calling this the biggest game of his career yet he never managed to get a kick of a football :(

twitter thread suggester
They can't all play, and I'm sure he'll rather play in the final if he gets the chance :smirk:

Kaos

They can't all play, and I'm sure he'll rather play in the final if he got the chance :smirk:
Im sure hes jumping at that very thought, but playing Barca is different from playing one of the two shit-on-a-stick Premiership sides.

Not everyone can play unfortunately. Hopefully he will get a deserved start against West Ham due to freshness. Also he may his get his chance to score the elusive first goal.

Bape

Was dissapointed for the lad as he didnt even get a few minutes for 'the biggest game of his career', but I'm sure he would hardly care now that we are through to the final. He should be starting against West Ham.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He is just 19....his career's just starting. Think he would be just thrilled to be part of the squad for this one.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
He probably is dissapointed. We have three finals to go now though... im sure he will play his part.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It'd be slightly worrying if he wasn't disappointed not to play. These are the kinds of game every player should be desperate to perform in.

Chapster

he's young
he'll get his chance
SAF has to save some of the troops for the league games too

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Wouldn't it be funny if he scores the winner in Moscow. His first goal for United being in the CL final... espically if it was against them Scousers, he'd be deemed a legend.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
The men best suited for the game will play. There were lots of other players on the bench who didn't get a chance. Like stated before, he would not have lasted more than 60 minutes today. The important thing is the team is through ffs.

Veron

Varun
he didn't play because saf had to put his beloved giggs on so he could reach his personal milestone in moscow.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
he didn't play because saf had to put his beloved giggs on so he could reach his personal milestone in moscow.
*cough*

wanker!

*cough*

Anderson will be disappointed. But he's yong and lernin and clearly carrying a bit of a knock. If he wasn't able to play through the pain in the last half hour against Chelsea, it would have been crazy to risk him against Barca.

Hopefully the rest will do him good and he'll be fit and fired up to tear West Ham/Wigan a new one.

Cupid Stunt

"In that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit h
*cough*

wanker!

*cough*

Anderson will be disappointed. But he's yong and lernin and clearly carrying a bit of a knock. If he wasn't able to play through the pain in the last half hour against Chelsea, it would have been crazy to risk him against Barca.

Hopefully the rest will do him good and he'll be fit and fired up to tear West Ham/Wigan a new one.
Did he get a knock?

I just thought SAF was doing what he usually does with Anderson (takes him off after 60 mins). He is one of the most physically developed 19 year old midfielders i have ever seen, but he is still not able to play 90 minutes of a typically intense Premiership game.

Anderson needs to start playing the simple ball more and stop giving away needless possesion, he also needs to improve his positional play and spot patterns in games so he can read the game better and effect games. All the above comes with experiance obviously. IMO he is atleast 2 years behind being a member in the starting 11 on a consistant basis.

Godfather

*cough*

wanker!

*cough*

very well said pogue.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Did he get a knock?

I just thought SAF was doing what he usually does with Anderson (takes him off after 60 mins). He is one of the most physically developed 19 year old midfielders i have ever seen, but he is still not able to play 90 minutes of a typically intense Premiership game.

Anderson needs to start playing the simple ball more and stop giving away needless possesion, he also needs to improve his positional play and spot patterns in games so he can read the game better and effect games. All the above comes with experiance obviously. IMO he is atleast 2 years behind being a member in the starting 11 on a consistant basis.
Agree with all of that.

Except he may well be a regular starter next season, based on the massive improvement you usually get with "second season syndrome" (e.g, Drogba and Essien - utter shit in first season, world-beaters in their second) and the fact he's put in some cracking performances already this season (albeit not many recently)

The "knock" thing was debated to death after the Chelsea game. Basically he signalled to the bench that he wanted to be subsituted, about 5 minutes before he came off. Nobody knows if it was a knock or if he was knackered.

Bape

Did he get a knock?

Or he just needs to play in a more advanced position. I agree with what you have said if SAF continues to play him in CM next season mind, but his game is ambitious and isnt the best suited in that position.
Look at it this way, he's still pretty far off being a top class CM..he needs to suddenly learn the art of ball retention, greatly improve his positional awareness and be able to read the game better, or alternatively, stick him on the left side/behind the striker and his only major improvement that needs to be made is his shooting.

VP

Anderson Not Allowed (ANA) has returned

Cupid Stunt

Agree with all of that.

Except he may well be a regular starter next season, based on the massive improvement you usually get with "second season syndrome" (e.g, Drogba and Essien - utter shit in first season, world-beaters in their second) and the fact he's put in some cracking performances already this season (albeit not many recently)

The "knock" thing was debated to death after the Chelsea game. Basically he signalled to the bench that he wanted to be subsituted, about 5 minutes before he came off. Nobody knows if it was a knock or if he was knackered.
Thanks for clearing that up, after the Chelsea game i decided to hide in a dark corner well away from civalisation and the more importantly the Caf.

I get what your saying about "second season syndrome" but i dont think Anderson will be like Drogba, Essien, ect. They were highly established players before arriving in English football, they just needed to adjust to the pace. I think with Anderson its more about developing a mature footballing brain so he makes the right decisions in the right areas, this will take some time. Anderson is in the best place for his development. Very exciting having him on board, he will certainly be one of the best players in the world if he keeps working hard and follows suit of Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes and Co.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I had a dream that we sold him to Wigan for 5 million... Was absolutely gutted when woke up, swiftly turned on my computer to check if it was true.

Veron

Varun
oh feck off
oh please the 5 minutes which giggs got could have easily been anderson's proudest moments in his life so far and added to his own experience as well

if giggs had reaced charlton's record long ago,with the current form he's in,even with his experience he would not get into the team with the same consistency he is getting now.sad others have to play second fiddle now because of that.what's so horrible pointing that out.

Cupid Stunt

Or he just needs to play in a more advanced position. I agree with what you have said if SAF continues to play him in CM next season mind, but his game is ambitious and isnt the best suited in that position.
Look at it this way, he's still pretty far off being a top class CM..he needs to suddenly learn the art of ball retention, greatly improve his positional awareness and be able to read the game better, or alternatively, stick him on the left side/behind the striker and his only major improvement that needs to be made is his shooting.
I agree he should definatly be in a more advanced position, at Porto he had a slight arguement with the managment through the media because he wanted to play on the left with freedom instead of through the centre.

I do think he has been played in a deeper central position due to the mass amount of injurys we have had in midfield this year. Hargreaves has Patella tedonitis, Carrick broke his elbow, Fletcher fractured his shin and tore his knee ligament, Scholes also had a tear in his knee ligament.. I believe all 4 of these players are ahead of him in the central midfield pecking order and if it wasnt for the injurys he would have been used more as a attacking midfielder, winger or secondary striker. I guess next year we will see how he will be used and this will give indication towards which type of player QC and SAF will mould him into. I share the opinion you have, he needs to be played in a more advanced role so he can use his main strengths which are his pace, dribbling and direct play.

Status
Not open for further replies.