Television Andor (Star Wars series) - Disney+

Hamnat

First 3 episodes dropped today. I think they absolutely had to do all 3 at the same time. As an espionage, spy type show and focusing on Cassian as a main character making us invested in his situation and his history. It needed all 3 episodes to give a good sense of what we could be in for. The tone so far was pretty good I thought. There is not much humor, it was pretty serious in terms of setting the stage for some political drama.

The flashbacks were handled decently. They had to make us care about Cassian and where he came from, and they did a decent job planting seeds to want to know more and like him as a main character. The third episode really started ramping it up which is the main reason it was good they dropped all 3 to start with.

Last edited:

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Gonna wait and binge this one. Its funny, its the one I had the least interest in of the announced shows for 2022, yet it seems this might actually be the best of the lot going by what Ive heard. Looking for to binging it in November/December time.

mu4c_20le

Only watched the first one and it's a slow burner so far, but feels very authentic, which the purists will probably love. Created by the same guy that wrote the movie.

Last edited:

Sylar

First 3 episodes dropped today. I think they absolutely had to do all 3 at the same time. As an espionage, spy type show and focusing on Cassian as a main character making us invested in his situation and his history. It needed all 3 episodes to give a good sense of what we could be in for.
I see what you mean. Watched the first two and will finish the third tomorrow but have enjoyed it so far

Having one would have certainly been a mistake. Two isn't too bad but makes me wanna see more.

I'm liking it so far. And there hasn't been anything obviously stupid like we saw in kenobis show

The issue with prequels will always be the lack of danger surrounding a character you know will survive. But good writing, and supporting characters can make up for it. So far I'm interested which is a good thing

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I don’t know if it’s because the kids have been making a racket while watching the first two episodes so I have missed stuff or if nothing has happened. Found it rather boring so far, even Mandalorian had something happen at the end of a slow first episode to hook you in. I don’t see how this can stand on the shoulders of a movie that seemed decent, perhaps in comparison to the main Star Wars saga offered up, but was largely forgettable without picking up some pace. And I like slow burners

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really enjoyed each episode, the last one was very good.

The story so far is quite grounded & the tone is darker than any of the other Star Wars series they have done. Hopefully it continues like this.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Thought it was fantastic. Just watched all 3 episodes back to back

… I’m easily pleased and have really enjoyed all the Star Wars Disney tv shows. But this one has potential to be the best

Sylar

Third Episode was really good and enjoyable. Can certainly see why this was put as a three ep release.

Enjoying the 'villains' of the show

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Really enjoyed each episode, the last one was very good.

The story so far is quite grounded & the tone is darker than any of the other Star Wars series they have done. Hopefully it continues like this.
Yeah, I like the tone of it. I was ready to give up on these Star Wars shows after Obi Wan but this has my attention.

Is it just me or does the officer Syril vaguely remind you of an anal, somewhat evil version of Dale Cooper (MacLachan) from Twin Peaks?

caid

Yeah, I like the tone of it. I was ready to give up on these Star Wars shows after Obi Wan but this has my attention.

Is it just me or does the officer Syril vaguely remind you of an anal, somewhat evil version of Dale Cooper (MacLachan) from Twin Peaks?
I really need to watch this

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It’s fecking great. Episode 3 was superb and really well acted. For my tastes Rogue One was by far the best of the new crop of Star Wars movies, and this prequel to that is just as good.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Enjoyed that, far better than Obi Wan and Boba Fett.
Other than being a Star Wars show you cannot really compare it to them though. We are familiar of the timeline with Boba Fett and Obi Wan. This predates Rogue One and unless you are a hardcore SW nerd you really dont have much of a time frame to reference it other than its years before they stole the plans for the Death Star. Its human heavy cast and lack of space travel also makes it seem more down to earth. I would like to see it be a bit more expansive but im enjoying the storyline so far.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Other than being a Star Wars show you cannot really compare it to them though. We are familiar of the timeline with Boba Fett and Obi Wan. This predates Rogue One and unless you are a hardcore SW nerd you really dont have much of a time frame to reference it other than its years before they stole the plans for the Death Star. Its human heavy cast and lack of space travel also makes it seem more down to earth. I would like to see it be a bit more expansive but im enjoying the storyline so far.
Obi Wan was a human heavy cast in a timeframe we knew nothing about. The writing, dialogue and action scenes in this show are far better than Obi and Boba. Granted we've only had 3 episodes of Andor and it could still end up being shit but so far there's no stupidity or eye rolling sequences. The action sequence in the 3rd episode was excellent, actually well thought out with no plot holes. Long may it continue!

Bobski

It’s fecking great. Episode 3 was superb and really well acted. For my tastes Rogue One was by far the best of the new crop of Star Wars movies, and this prequel to that is just as good.
Agree about Rogue One, the darker and more consistent tone just worked for me. Could not stand the hyperactive tonal shifts of the main trilogy under either of the directors, from melodrama, to comedy to serious, to slapstick to action to whatever. Just dreary shite for all that some nutbars have decided to pretend that The Last Jedi was actually good.

Haven't watched this yet but if it fits with that Rogue One feel it will be on my list.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Agree about Rogue One, the darker and more consistent tone just worked for me. Could not stand the hyperactive tonal shifts of the main trilogy under either of the directors, from melodrama, to comedy to serious, to slapstick to action to whatever. Just dreary shite for all that some nutbars have decided to pretend that The Last Jedi was actually good.

Haven't watched this yet but if it fits with that Rogue One feel it will be on my list.
It does. Which is exactly why I love it so far.

Sylar

Obi Wan was a human heavy cast in a timeframe we knew nothing about. The writing, dialogue and action scenes in this show are far better than Obi and Boba. Granted we've only had 3 episodes of Andor and it could still end up being shit but so far there's no stupidity or eye rolling sequences. The action sequence in the 3rd episode was excellent, actually well thought out with no plot holes. Long may it continue!
We haven't had somebody run into a tree or hiding under a jacket so it's a big plus point

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
That third episode was class.

Enjoyed the bouncer from ep 1 being this chap

Spoony

The People's President
I think this will become a cracking series. It doesn't feel like Star Wars which is probably a good thing.

arthurka

I think this will become a cracking series. It doesn't feel like Star Wars which is probably a good thing.
This, it feels like a story that could be set anywhere. They needed to ship 3 episodes together because the first episodes are really slow and building up in a very calculated manner.

Sylar

This, it feels like a story that could be set anywhere. They needed to ship 3 episodes together because the first episodes are really slow and building up in a very calculated manner.
It helps its not directly a Skywalker story (even though this will probably lead to the movie which leads into episode 4 of the movies)
But sorta like Mandalorian, its away from that for the most part (so far).

And as you said, it could be set anywhere, but its telling a good story so far in terms of buildup.

Sylar

Interesting episode and can see where the story is going now. Enjoying this so far.

ha_rooney

Good episode. I’m loving the tone of the show.

arthurka

This is starting to get good, like that this could be a story set in any time and space. A spy story with some interesting characters.

Sylar

I also like theyre spending some time with the empire side of things (and not just a few moments then killing them off)

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I am in love with most of the cast so far.

And like @Sylar said, I enjoy seeing things from the Empire side of things. A sympathetic view at times from those characters’ viewpoints. Or empathetic…whichever.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Forceless SW is kinda interesting in a way. So far no overpowered monks destroying everything and defeating garrisons of technologically superior machines without a scratch for a change.

dinostar77

Forceless SW is kinda interesting in a way. So far no overpowered monks destroying everything and defeating garrisons of technologically superior machines without a scratch for a change.
Agreed. Its good theres space in SW universe on screen to tell stories without jedi and sith.

Though i am looking forward to The Acolyate (sith based show) and the High Republic shows whenever they get release in next few years.

Spoony

The People's President
I've not got into this. But tie fighters over Peak District type scenery is quite something (I know it's Scotland...)

Big Andy

Bloke
I don't know if it's the weekly release, but I just can't get into it. Loved Mandalorian and Boba Fett (for the most part) but just don't really get the same buzz for this. Yet Rogue One is probably top tier Star Wars for me, so I should like this, but don't.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I don't know if it's the weekly release, but I just can't get into it. Loved Mandalorian and Boba Fett (for the most part) but just don't really get the same buzz for this. Yet Rogue One is probably top tier Star Wars for me, so I should like this, but don't.
I think it's fantastic, easily the best Star Wars content for TV. But I feel like they should have released the last two episodes along with next weeks episode as a 3 episode chunk. Waiting a week between each one breaks up the storytelling and given it's been setup for next weeks episode I can understand why people are struggling with it. It feels like a TV show that if you binge it you'd adore it. I'll give it a rewatch when it's all released.

Big Andy

Bloke
I think it's fantastic, easily the best Star Wars content for TV. But I feel like they should have released the last two episodes along with next weeks episode as a 3 episode chunk. Waiting a week between each one breaks up the storytelling and given it's been setup for next weeks episode I can understand why people are struggling with it. It feels like a TV show that if you binge it you'd adore it. I'll give it a rewatch when it's all released.
I think I'll just finish it when it's all out and I can concentrate on it fully as I find myself not remembering who is who, and what they're doing.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah it's left me cold as well. I like the way it looks but it's just not captivating enough.

ha_rooney

I’m really enjoying it. Don’t mind the slow build-up, it’s intriguing & provides some depth to the plot.