Andre Onana - Inter Milan Goalkeeper

Like the look of this guy. If DDG leaves then we should take a look at him. Very aggressive off line especially for crosses and can play out from the back too.
I made this suggestion in the De gea replacement thread, it would make more sense than buying Oblak for €120mil.

MalcolmTucker

First time I watched him - was faultless but I thought his distribution wasn't as good as I expected going from what I've read on here.

Hoof the ball

Onana leaped higher, Spurs' attack was nullified,
Onana leaped higher
Onana nana na na na nana na nana

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Like the look of this guy. If DDG leaves then we should take a look at him. Very aggressive off line especially for crosses and can play out from the back too.
Nope he pissed me off, trotting around like he's Ter Stegan. I guess confidence is good but he looked someone who had a huge clanger up his sleeve for me

eltigreFalcao

Definitely a suitable heir to DDG, this guy is really impresive and composed. Ticks a lot of boxes. I'm not the one who whishes De Gea to go, but if he wants to i'll sell him and buy Onana. IMO a better GK than Hendo and Pereira and one for the future as well

Copa Mundial

Hmmm not sure about this chap.

Think he's a bit erratic, too much of the Bruce Grobelaar's about him for my liking.

steakpie

He wasn't tested with any shots. Doesn't look the biggest.

Loublaze

ATLien
Looks an agile all action goalkeeper. Those types are usually on the shorter side. He dominated his area pretty well.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He looked really confident and assured. Dominant.

AKDevil

You worked out that he had a huge clanger up his sleeve from his demeanour? Wow
It’s natural. Looks the type who loves to be involved. Sometimes where not needed. Not full Neuer but Neuerish. More you get involved, more likely to make a mistake.

dogwithabone

The crossing was utterly sh*t to be honest. I could have caught 90% of those balls into the Ajax box tonight. Hard to tell on that performance because he just wasn’t tested.

Canagel

He is a brave and proactive keeper. Perfect for the modern game.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Ajax are not only bringing through local young talent, but effectively scouting great players from other countries - both young and old. Just goes to show what an excellent hierarchy focused on bloody football can do.

Jib

You can easily see that he's from la Masia, I love him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wait, are we judging even keepers now based on one or two games?

Onana, wazz my name?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
How much would he cost anyway?

If De Gea left then we should just use Romero with Grant as his back up whilst Henderson is on loan to a PL side. Spend the De Gea money on quality to help improve the first 11.

Henderson can possibly become the clubs number 1 after a season or 2.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seems like he is the “Eric Bailly of goal keeper.” He can be erratic at times, whereas other times he shows great composure.
I bet you wouldn't say that if we was white.

Bailly is a ticking timebomb, who looks capable of an own goal, red card, injuring an opponent, or injuring himself at any moment. Onana looked relatively assured. Some risky passes and rushed off his line a lot, but Ederson does that all the time to acclaim.

How much would he cost anyway?

If De Gea left then we should just use Romero with Grant as his back up whilst Henderson is on loan to a PL side. Spend the De Gea money on quality to help improve the first 11.

Henderson can possibly become the clubs number 1 after a season or 2.
Doubt he'd be that expensive to be honest. Probably about £25-30m. Ajax are a selling club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Gimme hope, Onana
Hope, Onana
Gimme hope, Onana
Be our number one
Gimme hope, Onana
Hope, Onana
Hope, for when De Gea’s gone

Chillosophy

I need a boy, to take it over
Looking for a guy, to put in work uh
Ooh, ooh
Ooh na na, what's my name?
What's my name? What's my name?

:nervous:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was very impressed with his kicking, looked strong on both feet. Very patient too, I like he didn’t just hoof it.

Didnt really see him make a save but he commanded his box well.

If we’re looking to modernise he’d be the guy I’d look at after DDG

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I bet you wouldn't say that if we was white.

Bailly is a ticking timebomb, who looks capable of an own goal, red card, injuring an opponent, or injuring himself at any moment. Onana looked relatively assured. Some risky passes and rushed off his line a lot, but Ederson does that all the time to acclaim.

Doubt he'd be that expensive to be honest. Probably about £25-30m. Ajax are a selling club.
That was actually a complement but I guess some fans don’t rate Bailly that much here. This is Bailly from last season when he was good:lol:.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It’s natural. Looks the type who loves to be involved. Sometimes where not needed. Not full Neuer but Neuerish. More you get involved, more likely to make a mistake.
Hello David

crossy1686

career ending
I was impressed by him yesterday. I'm not saying we should absolutely be in for him but he's a good, well rounded goalkeeper that marshalled his own box and nullified all pressure on the defence multiple times last night.

I've been highly critical of De Gea recently as I believe he's only a world class shot stopper at close range and other parts of his game are severely lacking. You've only got to see keepers like this bloke come out and claim a cross to see the impact that has for the defence. We're sitting here blaming our defence for being shit where as if De Gea came out and did the same for us, we'd concede way less.

If last night didn't open a few people's eyes then nothing will.

AKDevil

Hello David
Haha. There’s a line and balance. He’s too far the other way for me. As he’s not my keeper to worry about, I’ll enjoy watching him from afar. It’s good to see his very distinctive style and willingness to come off his line. I really like keepers who add something to a game.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Haha. There’s a line and balance. He’s too far the other way for me. As he’s not my keeper to worry about. It’s good to see his very distinctive style and willingness to come off his line. I really like keepers who add something to a game.
This. There are more ways to help a defence than saving shots.