Andreas Christensen

Jones, Rojo yes but i would like to see Lindelof on loan for a season or two. There is a defender in there and probably he needs to play a string of games.
Yeah that's why I said maybe depending on how he does this season and whether we decide to loan or sell. I wouldn't mind Christensen plus another experienced defender.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I concur. He's been very good for them since he broke out. Calm an composed defender.
He's very inexperienced and a bit naive, made mistakes in key games, Utd away, Barcelona iirc and others. Luiz offers far more, I want to see him get playing time to develop though.

ash_86

He's very inexperienced and a bit naive, made mistakes in key games, Utd away, Barcelona iirc and others. Luiz offers far more, I want to see him get playing time to develop though.
Yeah i heard about it. Most were misplaced passes wasn't it? I was referring to the defensive part of his game which looks quite good.

Jones, Rojo yes but i would like to see Lindelof on loan for a season or two. There is a defender in there and probably he needs to play a string of games.
I think I've seen enough of Lindeolf now - I think I would rather sell than loan him
Christensen and Alderweireld to replace him and Jones is what we need.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
You sold us Mata and Matic. You don't need Christensen anymore :wenger: Luiz and Rudiger look like a partnership that can last years for you :)
Mata and Matic were both close to 30 when we sold them. Luiz is also 30, so it would make no sense selling a young and solid like him to you guys.
Wish all you want but it wont happen. Also I dont see Christensen solving United's issues.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
He may be warming the bench now but Chelsea need cover at centre back. Cahill is probably on his last legs so that only leaves Christensen for next season. I think the club know his value on the pitch and it appears the club, and not Sarri, make the transfer deals.

It isn't too far fetched to think that David Luiz might have a few dodgy games and Christensen gets his chance. There are also a lot of games to be played this season with EL and both cups so he will get another chance this season. If he impresses or one of Ridiger or Luiz get injured he will definitely get his chance again.

He's too good and too young to sell to Utd. Both Mata and Matic were older when Chelsea sold. They also got good money for both. Even if Utd offered say £60m the club would still need to find a quality replacement before letting go. I just don't see it. He has signed a new contract until 2022 so he's staying for the foreseeable.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Sooner or later Christensen will demand to be a starter. There are enough European clubs, that are regulars in the CL, that would offer him such a role. Unhappy players can force their way out of a club, if enough other clubs are after them.

Mata and Matic were both close to 30 when we sold them. Luiz is also 30, so it would make no sense selling a young and solid like him to you guys.
Wish all you want but it wont happen. Also I dont see Christensen solving United's issues.
He wouldn't solve all of them - but he would solve some

He's a very composed ball playing defender and he's good in the air, him partnered with an experienced CB like Toby would gives us a very strong back line.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He may be warming the bench now but Chelsea need cover at centre back. Cahill is probably on his last legs so that only leaves Christensen for next season. I think the club know his value on the pitch and it appears the club, and not Sarri, make the transfer deals.

It isn't too far fetched to think that David Luiz might have a few dodgy games and Christensen gets his chance. There are also a lot of games to be played this season with EL and both cups so he will get another chance this season. If he impresses or one of Ridiger or Luiz get injured he will definitely get his chance again.

He's too good and too young to sell to Utd. Both Mata and Matic were older when Chelsea sold. They also got good money for both. Even if Utd offered say £60m the club would still need to find a quality replacement before letting go. I just don't see it. He has signed a new contract until 2022 so he's staying for the foreseeable.
Yeah, I doubt you'll sell to us but Sarri isn't huge on rotating in defence. Christensen might play a few games in the League Cup but doubt he'll be happy playing less than 1000 minutes over the course of the season after playing regularly the last three seasons.

Like Pedro said, there will be enough clubs in Europe happy to offer him a starting role rather than being cover.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, I doubt you'll sell to us but Sarri isn't huge on rotating in defence. Christensen might play a few games in the League Cup but doubt he'll be happy playing less than 1000 minutes over the course of the season after playing regularly the last three seasons.

Like Pedro said, there will be enough clubs in Europe happy to offer him a starting role rather than being cover.
The idea we would even consider selling him to United is laughable to begin with

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I get the impression that he's as immovable as RLC is for the club. No chance he's sold, nevermind to a rival. Anyways, he's hardly the physically imposing defensive general that Mou is after.

Hopefully he starts getting lots of games soon. It's understandable why Cahill has been left in the cold by Sarri, but Andreas is perfect for this system. Sarri just seems to really love Luiz's presence, ability on the ball, and the fact that's he's a big leader in the squad. The entire team loves him.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
I know, I was messing around. Even with the length of his contract, he'll be looking for a move if his role in the team is staying the same.
I agree though if he doesn’t get a look in at all this season then that’s highly probable. It’s just the fact that he is the best youth prospect that the club has had force himself into the first team since John Terry and for a club with our abysmal youth record that says a lot. He is genuinely one of the best young defenders in the world and a top 10 epl defender currently at such a young ripe age. The club surely must see his value.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Sooner or later Christensen will demand to be a starter. There are enough European clubs, that are regulars in the CL, that would offer him such a role. Unhappy players can force their way out of a club, if enough other clubs are after them.
His time will come at Chelsea. He has been at the club for many years and came through the youth set up. I suspect he has a certain amount of loyalty but look at it this way, he has a contract for another 3 seasons and surely realises his time will come with Cahill nearing the end of his useful career.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I agree though if he doesn’t get a look in at all this season then that’s highly probable. It’s just the fact that he is the best youth prospect that the club has had force himself into the first team since John Terry and for a club with our abysmal youth record that says a lot. He is genuinely one of the best young defenders in the world and a top 10 epl defender currently at such a young ripe age. The club surely must see his value.
Weird thing is I've been seeing a lot of your fans play down Christensen. When the lineups for the Newcastle game were revealed, there were people saying Luiz has been chosen over Christensen as he always has a mistake in him (ironic) and is terrible on the ball. He was terrible during the Barcelona game and faltered a bit afterwards but if they genuinely think he's awful on the ball, we have a few defenders to show them :)

If he ends up leaving/not making it then may as well just face it that your academy is a money spinning loan farm.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
His time will come at Chelsea. He has been at the club for many years and came through the youth set up. I suspect he has a certain amount of loyalty but look at it this way, he has a contract for another 3 seasons and surely realises his time will come with Cahill nearing the end of his useful career.
I don't know what he thinks but if he is unhappy it's easy to force a move. Maybe he feels loyalty towards chelsea maybe not. He established himself as top cb prospect, while playing for gladbach, not chelsea. He goes back and gets benched again. Chelsea didn't trust him but bought new CB instead. He finally manages to start games just to get benched again while David fecking luiz and rüdiger are the first choices.
Its hard to imagine how Chelsea could have trusted him any less. Cahill is already just a squad player so I don't see how him leaving makes any difference.
Before you jump on me: I don't think any of this matters if he starts games. Maybe he is perfectly happy to sit on the bench despite having the quality to start for clubs with similar goals. It also doesn't mean that you'd sell him to united/a direct rival.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I don't know what he thinks but if he is unhappy it's easy to force a move. Maybe he feels loyalty towards chelsea maybe not. He established himself as top cb prospect, while playing for gladbach, not chelsea. He goes back and gets benched again. Chelsea didn't trust him but bought new CB instead. He finally manages to start games just to get benched again while David fecking luiz and rüdiger are the first choices.
Its hard to imagine how Chelsea could have trusted him any less. Cahill is already just a squad player so I don't see how him leaving makes any difference.
Before you jump on me: I don't think any of this matters if he starts games. Maybe he is perfectly happy to sit on the bench despite having the quality to start for clubs with similar goals. It also doesn't mean that you'd sell him to united/a direct rival.
Not the type to jump on anyone but it is interesting to see a Utd fan getting interested in a centre back when they're own are perceived to be a bit of a problem.

If I had a criticism of Christensen it would be that he looks a bit lightweight to be a centre back. The boy looks like he could do with a good burger or two.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Weird thing is I've been seeing a lot of your fans play down Christensen. When the lineups for the Newcastle game were revealed, there were people saying Luiz has been chosen over Christensen as he always has a mistake in him (ironic) and is terrible on the ball. He was terrible during the Barcelona game and faltered a bit afterwards but if they genuinely think he's awful on the ball, we have a few defenders to show them :)

If he ends up leaving/not making it then may as well just face it that your academy is a money spinning loan farm.
it's definitely a money spinning loan farm, we haven't produced a first team regular since Terry so not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. We're not like Utd, we don't have a tradition of developing our own players. Since we signed Gullit in 1995 we've been a team based on buying European / other stars. We did well to buy English (Cole and Lampard etc) during the early 2000s as well though.

Don't think anyone think he's awful, he's 22 very inexperience and needs to play though to develop. Hopefully Sarri will find games for him and he'll show what he can do.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He'll get plenty of chances to shine this year, as long as we go deep in the cups. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get significant game time in the league either, once the fixtures start piling up. When you're looking at 2-3 games a week, its not like anyone is going to be playing every game.

Bestietom

They seem quite dependent on him considering he's still quite young, when he doesn't play they look much more vulnerable at the back.
Yes and there are lots of very good mobile Young defenders out there, but Mourinho would rather experienced 30 year olds who are over the hill or injury prone.

ash_86

I think I've seen enough of Lindeolf now - I think I would rather sell than loan him
Christensen and Alderweireld to replace him and Jones is what we need.
The whole defense is shambles and Smalling wasn't much better either. But yeah, the culling needs to start somewhere and brining Toby and Christensen would instantly make our defense better. If Ed cannot see the state of our defenders then he's clueless.

NikkiCFC

Supports
Chelsea
David Luiz is 32 in April. Surely Christensen is going to be a starter soon. Cahill is gone.
City have Otamendi, Kompany, Laporte and Stouns and it's all good.
And what is this obsession Utd have with us? Mourinho, Matic, Mata, Lukaku... Now they want Chris, Eden, Willian, Conte... Even Cahill rumors lately.
We only sell to then not important players and that means they can have Willian and Cahill.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
David Luiz is 32 in April. Surely Christensen is going to be a starter soon. Cahill is gone.
City have Otamendi, Kompany, Laporte and Stouns and it's all good.
And what is this obsession Utd have with us? Mourinho, Matic, Mata, Lukaku... Now they want Chris, Eden, Willian, Conte... Even Cahill rumors lately.
We only sell to then not important players and that means they can have Willian and Cahill.
They can’t have Willian unless we’re getting Martial in exchange.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
He's had some difficulties staying concentrated and focused after his long spell of games last season. It ended up making him more or less unplayable at the end of the season with the national coach also noting that he was mentally exhausted and not at his peak when he got chosen for the national squad.
His adaptability at being so brilliant in germany and then traveling back to chelsea and hitting a high standard within a short amount of time is impressive however.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Cahill is probably leaving next season and Luiz is 31, Christensen is very important to the future of this team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That's blunt.

I still can't decide how good he is.

Trizy

Big potential and right choice to leave Chelsea.

He'll have to join a mid-table club to start and develop though. Everton might not be a bad shout.

I would like us to make a move in Jan - good young ball playing CB with PL experience.

Anyone know if he can play on left?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really rate him, if we were creating a new look set of CB's to pick from he'd definitely be a good one to get

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I would like us to make a move in Jan - good young ball playing CB with PL experience.

Anyone know if he can play on left?
It'd be a bit of a Jonny Evans solution I think.
He's played a bit as a defensive midfielder though for the national team.