Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special_One

It's all well and good everyone saying: ''oh he can be part of the squad next year''. It's not as simple as that. Memphis and Schneiderlin left due to lack of chances. Young, Bastian, Shaw, Fosu-Mensah aren't getting many games.

The fact is, it would be nice to keep him, of course. Assuming he plays as a number 10 for us we already have Mata, Mkhitaryan and Rooney. On the wings we have a plethora of options, he wouldn't stand a chance there.

Of course he could play as a number 6, which he did very well at Wigan in pre-season. With Carrick, Herrera and Pogba all having played 6 and 8, with the additional options of Bastian, Fellaini, Fosu-Mensah and Blind it's difficult to see where he'd get game time.

This is all without signings and sales. Sure, I'd love to see him in the squad, but maybe it's not realistic. He could do with another move away, and come back in the 2018/19 season.

Reactions: Invictus

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It's all well and good everyone saying: ''oh he can be part of the squad next year''. It's not as simple as that. Memphis and Schneiderlin left due to lack of chances. Young, Bastian, Shaw, Fosu-Mensah aren't getting many games.

The fact is, it would be nice to keep him, of course. Assuming he plays as a number 10 for us we already have Mata, Mkhitaryan and Rooney. On the wings we have a plethora of options, he wouldn't stand a chance there.

Of course he could play as a number 6, which he did very well at Wigan in pre-season. With Carrick, Herrera and Pogba all having played 6 and 8, with the additional options of Bastian, Fellaini, Fosu-Mensah and Blind it's difficult to see where he'd get game time.

This is all without signings and sales. Sure, I'd love to see him in the squad, but maybe it's not realistic. He could do with another move away, and come back in the 2018/19 season.
This.

tomaldinho1

Good to see some sense on here. We are packed with solid players in the positions he plays in - definitely players that can be improved in some cases but hardly players Pereira would offer an immediate upgrade to.

First team football is key and if he is going to be like TFM then I would much rather see him out again on loan.

Special_One

Good to see some sense on here. We are packed with solid players in the positions he plays in - definitely players that can be improved in some cases but hardly players Pereira would offer an immediate upgrade to.

First team football is key and if he is going to be like TFM then I would much rather see him out again on loan.
Thanks, mate.

I just feel people need to take a step back and actually consider where he could get a game.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

This.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Carrick has 1 year left, Schweinsteiger will be gone this summer. Fosu Mensah isn't good enough right now, Blind clearly isn't seem as a midfielder by Jose, hasn't played there once even in pre season.

That leaves us with Herrera,Pogba,Carrick and Fellaini. We are 1 bad injury to either Pogba or Herrera away from looking very, very average there. Yes he will have to be patient but he will definitely get minutes.
Next season all being well we could play 55-60 games.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What I like best about him is he's good at football.

Litch

Nice player but no place for him at OT. The lact of game time is still as relevant as before he went on loan and furthermore I'm sure they'll be more signings in the summer. Players like even Rashford are wondering how he's gonna get regular football....

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Nice player but no place for him at OT. The lact of game time is still as relevant as before he went on loan and furthermore I'm sure they'll be more signings in the summer. Players like even Rashford are wondering how he's gonna get regular football....
Its a squad game, has been for a long time now. We need a squad with depth and he will be perfect for us. I remember when we had Yorke and Cole backed up by Ole and Teddy, 4 strikers, 2 got to start each week. Nothings changed, we still need to have depth that is of a decent quality and this kid has the quality needed.

Litch

Its a squad game, has been for a long time now. We need a squad with depth and he will be perfect for us. I remember when we had Yorke and Cole backed up by Ole and Teddy, 4 strikers, 2 got to start each week. Nothings changed, we still need to have depth that is of a decent quality and this kid has the quality needed.
In fairness lots have changed but that's another issue. He's quality but imo he wouldn't play and that's why he's on loan. So you suggesting he comes back to just be a squad player again....the lads too good for that and should find regular football elsewhere as we'll be spending another 100m+ this summer on players I suspect will be coming into the starting 11. Some of the players starting now will also be squad players next season.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
In fairness lots have changed but that's another issue. He's quality but imo he wouldn't play and that's why he's on loan. So you suggesting he comes back to just be a squad player again....the lads too good for that and should find regular football elsewhere as we'll be spending another 100m+ this summer on players I suspect will be coming into the starting 11. Some of the players starting now will also be squad players next season.
Sadly have to agree with this. I really rate the lad but he just won't get the chance here.

LouisDanGaal

Put a buy back clause on him and get him a prem gig. He isn't anywhere near the first team yet but does have really decent technique.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He's considered homegrown not so? I don't think we can afford to let him go with the likely departure of some senior players. Besides, why can't he fight for a place? Herrera and Pogba could seriously do with more help and I don't see us landing any big name midfielders.

LouisDanGaal

He is a better player than Fellaini yet Fellaini gets games.
Fellaini fits a pretty unique profile which we don't have in the squad so he gets game time. Pereira isn't a better fellaini, he is completely unrelated as a player.

LouisDanGaal

He is also better than Lingard who also gets games.
Not from his first team appearances he isn't. May look tidy but he was also pretty much ineffective. Lingard's technique might not be clean but he is always buzzing about creating space

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

The way I see it, we’ve got one attacking midfielder (Pereira’s best position) who can play the most advanced role in the 4-3-3, Pogba.

Litch

He's considered homegrown not so? I don't think we can afford to let him go with the likely departure of some senior players. Besides, why can't he fight for a place? Herrera and Pogba could seriously do with more help and I don't see us landing any big name midfielders.
The question for me if he wasn't a Utd player, would we scout and sign him in the summer? The question would be is he what we need now even as a squad player? The lad at Sunderland is exactly the same, both of which sadly window of opportunity have gone. We are playing catch up with all the top European clubs and need to sign players who can compete with the players currently in the starting 11. Like I said, the players that have been superb this season like Mata and Herrera will be looking over their shoulder this summer, as will the likes of Smalling and Shaw.

I guarantee we will sign 3 or 4 players this summer at over 100m. Mata and Herrera may be sat on the bench with him....

DeOddi

Obviously adding him to the squad next season would improve us a bit when it comes to rotation, but he has his first proper season at senior level and it seems to do his development a world of good. I think the club should think about what is best for the player in that case. A few minutes here and there for United, plus maybe a few games over 90 minutes against weak teams in cup games. Or to play as a starter on another loan...

It seems very likely that we´ll have another big transfer window coming our way. A midfielder and another attacker for the positions behind Ibrahimovic seem to be nailed on to be added. And looking at the quality of the players we´ve aquired this season, these players will most likely be around that level too or maybe even better (Griezmann?). That´s again potential game time taken away from Pereira. I´d say let Pereira show his quality for a team that actually is at least midtable quality, not another crap team like Granada. We don´t need him so badly that it makes sense to disrupt his development as a player.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
[QUOTE="Wilson Litchmore, post: 20481654, member: 83071"]The question for me if he wasn't a Utd player, would we scout and sign him in the summer? The question would be is he what we need now even as a squad player? The lad at Sunderland is exactly the same, both of which sadly window of opportunity have gone. We are playing catch up with all the top European clubs and need to sign players who can compete with the players currently in the starting 11. Like I said, the players that have been superb this season like Mata and Herrera will be looking over their shoulder this summer, as will the likes of Smalling and Shaw.

I guarantee we will sign 3 or 4 players this summer at over 100m. Mata and Herrera may be sat on the bench with him....[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

LouisDanGaal

You havent been following his games in Spain have you?
I don't believe anyone in here genuinely watches Granada regular. Watching a couple of his highlights comps means nothing.

Either way its irrelevant, different league, different type of team, just a completely different set up, theres a bit of a leap from them to us.

settembrini

The obvious (and I'm sure popular) solution would be to sell Fellaini and replace him with Pereira. Unfortunately Mourinho seems to like Fellaini too much for that to happen.

top1whoisman

Scout
I don't believe anyone in here genuinely watches Granada regular. Watching a couple of his highlights comps means nothing.

Either way its irrelevant, different league, different type of team, just a completely different set up, theres a bit of a leap from them to us.
It could be looked at in another way, too. Playing (starting all but three, Copa Del Rey iirc) in all matches and having a really important role in a team could be the exact thing he needs right now to develop. Can’t hide in matches (not that he did that earlier either), but actually having a huge responsibility in Granada’s attacking play. The pressure of relegation battle can also be really good for his development.

POF

The question for me if he wasn't a Utd player, would we scout and sign him in the summer? The question would be is he what we need now even as a squad player? The lad at Sunderland is exactly the same, both of which sadly window of opportunity have gone. We are playing catch up with all the top European clubs and need to sign players who can compete with the players currently in the starting 11. Like I said, the players that have been superb this season like Mata and Herrera will be looking over their shoulder this summer, as will the likes of Smalling and Shaw.

I guarantee we will sign 3 or 4 players this summer at over 100m. Mata and Herrera may be sat on the bench with him....
I know where you're coming from but I definitely think there is a spot in the squad for him next season unless United sign 2 central midfield players in the summer. In the big games, the preferred formation is 4-3-3. Schweinsteiger will leave, Carrick will be used sparingly if at all. Fellaini does ok in his specific role off the bench but generally when he starts he is taken off at half time.

If only one new midfield signing comes in and if United's preferred formation is 4-3-3 at any point next season, I would expect Pereira to be the first change option. It's a position the club is desperately short in at the moment.

LouisDanGaal

It could be looked at in another way, too. Playing (starting all but three, Copa Del Rey iirc) in all matches and having a really important role in a team could be the exact thing he needs right now to develop. Can’t hide in matches (not that he did that earlier either), but actually having a huge responsibility in Granada’s attacking play. The pressure of relegation battle can also be really good for his development.
From what I've read that's what has stood out most from him, always getting involved and trying to get on the ball unlike some of his talented team mates. Being involved in a different culture of football and even a relegation battle is definitely great experience, and it will bring him along as a player, it just doesn't give any indication of how he would fair back here

top1whoisman

Scout
From what I've read that's what has stood out most from him, always getting involved and trying to get on the ball unlike some of his talented team mates. Being involved in a different culture of football and even a relegation battle is definitely great experience, and it will bring him along as a player, it just doesn't give any indication of how he would fair back here
Not much, no. Anyway he’s grown as a player and I can’t wait to see him in pre-season. I see this as one of the best loan deals we’ve made in recent years (after having seen perhaps 10 of his matches).

LouisDanGaal

Not much, no. Anyway he’s grown as a player and I can’t wait to see him in pre-season. I see this as one of the best loan deals we’ve made in recent years (after having seen perhaps 10 of his matches).
Fair play to you! I tried to sit through one but Granada are a very poor team. The reason I would rather sell and throw a buy back on him is because I don't think a player can fully develop through loans, I might be wrong but it just isn't the ideal environment in my mind. I certainly hope to see him in the first team in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.