Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is a star in making, i hope we dont feck him up, the thing is, we are being linked to so many midfielders that it will be difficult for him to break in unless we sell one of the current ones or maybe carrick plays less than 10 matches next year. His technique and ability in close places is fantastic along with long shots. He could be our midfield maestro but i think jose will buy a guaranteed starter and that might hamper his developement. I just hope we dont lose out on him.
If we put him in our team, we have 1 midfielder less to buy. From all the younger players, Jose has to give him more than a proper chance!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should be rotating with Herrera next year.

izec

Another 7 games for Granada this season. I think he will play some of them surely, he was one of their best players this season.

Bwuk

Absolutely zero chance Reo-Coker and Richardson get a game ahead of Pereira.

Nigel Reo-Coker. Ffs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not even Adams would be stupid enough to bench his best player for a pair of 90 year olds.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
When you look at youngsters like Asensio, Mbappe, O. Dembele, Pulisic etc you don't have to be that jealous IMO. Andreas Pereira is a quality youngster and deserves more minutes for United next season.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
When you look at youngsters like Asensio, Mbappe, O. Dembele, Pulisic etc you don't have to be that jealous IMO. Andreas Pereira is a quality youngster and deserves more minutes for United next season.
Pereira is a huge talent but not in their league tbh, they are supertalents and will be world class player definitely, Im hoping that Pereira can be a starter here long term.

Classical Mechanic

Pereira is a huge talent but not in their league tbh, they are supertalents and will be world class player definitely, Im hoping that Pereira can be a starter here long term.
Disagree. When we signed Andreas he was rated in the top five in the world for his age. Warren Joyce says that Andreas will be 25 before he realises his full potential. He has been overtaken by all those players you mentioned but I back him to catch up. In terms of technical attributes he is a fantastic player. He just needs to put it all together.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Like @Classical Mechanic mentioned, Pereira was highly rated when he was younger. It's about time he gets a fair chance to shine for United.

Sammyjunn

Disagree. When we signed Andreas he was rated in the top five in the world for his age. Warren Joyce says that Andreas will be 25 before he realises his full potential. He has been overtaken by all those players you mentioned but I back him to catch up. In terms of technical attributes he is a fantastic player. He just needs to put it all together.
I know he was highly rated, dont know who gave him the top 5 though and how accurate that is, he is a brilliant talent but there are soo many brilliant talents. Similar huge talents in the past 5 years, Januzaj, Wilson, Daehli, Will Keane are all not going to make it while a Josh King is on course to have a solid PL career. I think he has the talent to be a Man United first team players, but those other players are Ballon d'Or potential imo. I think a lot of factors still will influence whether Pereira makes it at the top, that he is gifted, is certain.

Ole90+3

I know he was highly rated, dont know who gave him the top 5 though and how accurate that is, he is a brilliant talent but there are soo many brilliant talents. Similar huge talents in the past 5 years, Januzaj, Wilson, Daehli, Will Keane are all not going to make it while a Josh King is on course to have a solid PL career. I think he has the talent to be a Man United first team players, but those other players are Ballon d'Or potential imo. I think a lot of factors still will influence whether Pereira makes it at the top, that he is gifted, is certain.
That's a good way to compare Perriera against the other group of insanely talented players mentioned. I agree with you in the fact that there are more factors to be considered in order for Pereira to reach Ballon D'Or level, whereas Dembele and Ascensio just need to focus and continue to work hard and they will almost certainly be considered amongst the best in the world at some stage - barring serious injuries.

Sammyjunn

That's a good way to compare Perriera against the other group of insanely talented players mentioned. I agree with you in the fact that there are more factors to be considered in order for Pereira to reach Ballon D'Or level, whereas Dembele and Ascensio just need to focus and continue to work hard and they will almost certainly be considered amongst the best in the world at some stage - barring serious injuries.
True, the level those players reach already, is insane. However depending on Mourinho, our midfield coming together, I think if Pereira played in a jointed team with cohesion and a role that fits him, his development could go exponentially easily. But it just depends on a lot of things really. For example I dont think Pogba would be the player he is now if he stayed here.

Classical Mechanic

Non of those were as highly rated as Andreas, except maybe Januzaj but it isn't talent levels that are seeing him fail.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7292718/united-to-swoop-for-psv-starlet

Shuriken

Has showed great technique and quick feet a few times in the match against Sevilla this evening. Only moments ago he almost followed through a solo run towards the box, but conceded a free-kick. A nice little dash though.

We should have him here next season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"Put him on a plane, get him back from Spain."

In all seriousness, he's done well on his loan spell. I'll be worried if Jose doesn't have space for him in the squad next season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Maybe stupid question but is there really no way to recall Andreas back?... would be useful to have with our schedule and injuries...

rooney1905

He has played made over 30 appearances for Granada this season so I am hoping Jose has plans for him. He would be a good midfielder to have around. And we will playing European football of some kind. He should be getting games.

jungledrums

He has played made over 30 appearances for Granada this season so I am hoping Jose has plans for him. He would be a good midfielder to have around. And we will playing European football of some kind. He should be getting games.
Agree, he's fantastic, I'd be gutted if he wasn't here next season.

Sterling Archer

Decent delivery from a fk for the assist against Osasuna today.

Really curious to see what Jose does with him next season. He has certainly caught the eye.

Web of Bissaka

Jose should rewards him chances to play games next season with the first team, as he deserve it.

It'll send a clear motivating message to the other academy players "Do well during loans, and you'll play".

Obiorahking_

Although this is Real Madrid's second team, he looks pretty good here.It looks like he is in a Pogba esque role as the widest and furthest midfielder up with creative responsibilities.

Looks like this loan has been a success. Curious to see if we continue it or recall him. You guys think he is ready?

jesperjaap

I didnt want him to go out on loan, thought he was worthy of a place in our squad and would get a few opportunities this year, still I thought the same with Mensah and it was a waste of a season for him. I agree with what some say about being a great young player is no guarantee of success as every club has them, we have had a fair few not make it the last few years. I must say though I do really thin Perreira, Tuanzabe and Mensah are all great prospects for me, its good to see two of them already on the fringes of the squad and Perreira certainly has the ability to be another. If we were watching those Granda youtube highlighs (yeah i know its youtube), people would be raving about us signing him in the summer.

luke511

Although this is Real Madrid's second team, he looks pretty good here.It looks like he is in a Pogba esque role as the widest and furthest midfielder up with creative responsibilities.

Looks like this loan has been a success. Curious to see if we continue it or recall him. You guys think he is ready?
He's looking strong, Nacho bounced into him and he still managed to keep the ball at his feet, which is a promising sign if his future is in the middle of the park for us.. Love the pace of his passing as well, the play always seems to speed up when he's in possession.

manutddjw

I've seen him quite a bit this season and I'm confident in saying he's good enough for us. The one thing I'm concerned about is whether he'll get game time. He can play in a number of positions, but I think with the players we will end up buying he'll be 4th or 5th choice in all of them.

SaboTaj

Perreira is ready. With Carrick leaving the three midfield spots should be roatated between Pogba, Herrera, Perreira and 1 new DM (maybe even 2 new signings).

kundalini

I wonder if he will be sold in the summer. I watched several of the highlights vids from Granada and it wasn't at all obvious to me where Pereira would play in a United team now that we have Pogba. He doesn't look like a player that would increase the number of chances we create, or add much in terms of goals. Until I'd watched those vids, I'd been hopeful we might use him as a no 10 or perhaps on the right of midfield but now I'm far less convinced.

He's clearly a good player, great technical ability but perhaps not a good fit for our current problems. Pogba's back-up isn't likely to see much playing time.

Pass completion 76%. Chances created 1.66 per 90 mins. Scored 2 goals from inside the area from 15 shots. Scored 2 goals from outside the area from 54 shots. 3 assists. Interceptions 1.0 per 90 mins. Aerial duals won 32%. Successful take-ons 2.15 per game.

Best case scenario for Pereira at United might be if Mata was sold and Pereira given his role in the team. It would require a leap of faith but it is just possible that Pereira might be more productive.

Last edited:

khoazany

I wonder if he will be sold in the summer. I watched several of the highlights vids from Granada and it wasn't at all obvious to me where Pereira would play in a United team now that we have Pogba. He doesn't look like a player that would increase the number of chances we create, or add much in terms of goals. Until I'd watched those vids, I'd been hopeful we might use him as a no 10 or perhaps on the right of midfield but now I'm far less convinced.

He's clearly a good player, great technical ability but perhaps not a good fit for our current problems. Pogba's back-up isn't likely to see much playing time.

Pass completion 76%. Chances created 1.66 per 90 mins. Scored 2 goals from inside the area from 15 shots. Scored 2 goals from outside the area from 54 shots. 3 assists. Interceptions 1.0 per 90 mins. Aerial duals won 32%. Successful take-ons 2.15 per game.
Backup to Pogba and perhaps alongside him when we play 4-3-3 (instead of having Fellani) is what I would expect. We look dire of creativity when Pogba's not on the pitch so Pereira would be useful.

luke511

Periera, Pogba and Herrera in the same midfield is an exciting prospect..

kundalini

Backup to Pogba and perhaps alongside him when we play 4-3-3 (instead of having Fellani) is what I would expect. We look dire of creativity when Pogba's not on the pitch so Pereira would be useful.
I suspect you (and I) would be prepared to take far more risks with younger players than Mourinho is willing to do.

Going from Fellaini to Pereira would be a huge drop in terms of height and physicality. As for recklessness and the danger of being sent off, it's a like for like change.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The ball is in his court a bit, really. His contract expires next season so we can't really send him out on loan again. My guess - hope - is he'll sign a new deal and get rotational minutes on the wings, and in a midfield three. If he doesn't get it I can definitely see him being brave and taking the chance to permanently move. Which would be a damn shame, I think he's our most talented and prepared youth player at the moment (excluding Rashford of course) and would be absolutely gutted to see him go.

khoazany

I suspect you (and I) would be prepared to take far more risks with younger players than Mourinho is willing to do.

Going from Fellaini to Pereira would be a huge drop in terms of height and physicality. As for recklessness and the danger of being sent off, it's a like for like change.
Well I'm not saying Pereira will "replace" Fellani. It's just about providing options in my opinion. If let's say we play against a weaker team at home and Jose wants to play 4-3-3, I don't think Fellani's "height and physicality" will be as important as Pereira's creativity and unpredictability. We don't have many options in midfield this season especially when Carrick isn't himself anymore.

luke511

Pereira must watch games like today and think, "why the feck am I out here whilst these goons are playing ahead of me?"

GloryHunter07

Pereira must watch games like today and think, "why the feck am I out here whilst these goons are playing ahead of me?"
Or maybe he is thinking "i cant wait to break through into the United first team next season"

Stan_Stansman

He needs to be in the first team as a squad player or sold. Can't keep loaning him out. Hopefully it's the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.