Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

IhabX7

I don't care about what people are sayimg. He's a great prospect and I'm excited to have him in the time, but in all the pre season games I've seen him im, his crossing has looked suspect.
Yet you expect people to care about what you say. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

Litch

Another loan move would do him no favours unless it's for a decent PL club (hopefully managed by an ex Utd player). Just think some loans are great for playing time but completely irrelevant if the culture of the club, style of football, the league you are playing in and the expectation of the club doesn't translate to where you've come from.

If you flip it, it's like loaning a player from Championship club and expecting him to make the step up to Utd. I think a years a long time in football and he's come back to a very different Utd that he left. I think the other young players actually performed better than him cause the benefited from being around the team last season.

He's come back and trying to hard to impress. His performances have progressively got worse and you can see him wearing his frustration. I would not loan him out again and he's better feeling part of the squad than going to another club fighting for their survival.

Its a big year for him as you can guarantee next season there's are upgrades in the squad which pushes some further away from the first time plus he needs to look less further as there are some equally technically gifted young players coming through.....

Obiorahking_

Yet you expect people to care about what you say. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.
That logic makes no sense. So if a group of people are saying one thing it must be true right? You don't see how ridiculously stupid that sounds? By me saying I don't give a crap about what other people are saying about it it means that it has no bearing on my opinion. I respect other people's opinions, it doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

IhabX7

That logic makes no sense. So if a group of people are saying one thing it must be true right? You don't see how ridiculously stupid that sounds? By me saying I don't give a crap about what other people are saying about it it means that it has no bearing on my opinion. I respect other people's opinions, it doesn't mean I have to agree with them.
It is a stupid idea, and you came up with it. Who asked you to agree with anything?
Learn to communicate your ideas more accurately. Caring, agreeing, conforming and respecting opinions are very different concepts.

This ends here. We shouldn't derail this thread any further.

Obiorahking_

It is a stupid idea, and you came up with it. Who asked you to agree with anything?
Learn to communicate your ideas more accurately. Caring, agreeing, conforming and respecting opinions are very different concepts.

This ends here. We shouldn't derail this thread any further.
It wasn't my stupid idea. YOU replied that people were saying that his crossing was superb in pre season games implying a band wagon logical fallacy that follows because an opinion is popular it must be true. Of course this line of reasoning is faulty hence the reason I said I don't care about what other people are saying. So please, don't give that bullshit holier than thou attitude and lecture me about communicating my ideas more properly when i neither did anything wrong nor were you any better. Thanks.

Nick7

While I would love him to become a fantastic midfielder I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't nailed down a place in the squad. Think he had an OK preseason, nothing amazing. Struggling to see what he gives that others don't. Think if he does stay it will be a lot of bench time. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Has he officially been given number 15? Or is it just a pre-season number.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/First-Team.aspx?pageNo=2
They won't update that until the official premier league numbers are announced.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
While I would love him to become a fantastic midfielder I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't nailed down a place in the squad. Think he had an OK preseason, nothing amazing. Struggling to see what he gives that others don't. Think if he does stay it will be a lot of bench time. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

They won't update that until the official premier league numbers are announced.
Numbers aren't officially announced yet. I don't know if they will be before the Super Cup or not. Still, it's unlikely he'd be given number 15 only for it to be taken away again.
Ah okay, I see.

Akshay

Staff
Another loan move would do him no favours unless it's for a decent PL club (hopefully managed by an ex Utd player). Just think some loans are great for playing time but completely irrelevant if the culture of the club, style of football, the league you are playing in and the expectation of the club doesn't translate to where you've come from.

If you flip it, it's like loaning a player from Championship club and expecting him to make the step up to Utd. I think a years a long time in football and he's come back to a very different Utd that he left. I think the other young players actually performed better than him cause the benefited from being around the team last season.

He's come back and trying to hard to impress. His performances have progressively got worse and you can see him wearing his frustration. I would not loan him out again and he's better feeling part of the squad than going to another club fighting for their survival.

Its a big year for him as you can guarantee next season there's are upgrades in the squad which pushes some further away from the first time plus he needs to look less further as there are some equally technically gifted young players coming through.....
I agree that only a midtable PL team could possibly be a good loan move, anything else wouldn't be progression. I think he's at a point where if he's going to develop into a United player we have to give him the chance ourselves.

Litch

I agree that only a midtable PL team could possibly be a good loan move, anything else wouldn't be progression. I think he's at a point where if he's going to develop into a United player we have to give him the chance ourselves.
Agree. Big problem is when and how. It's gonna be difficult if he's relying on injuries to other players. I think he's cover for Herrera, injuries to others will be Felliani as I can't see a midfield with both him and Herrera. The other issue is with the utmost respect to him, I don't want Herrera being injured either.

Could play at 10 but I think Miki, Mata or even Pogba will play there before him. Not easy and it's hard to imagine given Rashford situation the luck that played out for him to get his break now. We might not have seen him yet if even other u23 players were fit so I guess you never know.

Akshay

Staff
Agree. Big problem is when and how. It's gonna be difficult if he's relying on injuries to other players. I think he's cover for Herrera, injuries to others will be Felliani as I can't see a midfield with both him and Herrera. The other issue is with the utmost respect to him, I don't want Herrera being injured either.

Could play at 10 but I think Miki, Mata or even Pogba will play there before him. Not easy and it's hard to imagine given Rashford situation the luck that played out for him to get his break now. We might not have seen him yet if even other u23 players were fit so I guess you never know.
Yeah he's mainly Herrera's backup, and might get some left wing or #10 opportunities. For me the bar is 20-25 games. So between cup tournaments, some CL group stage games, plus some PL games during rotation weeks he might scrape together enough minutes. No chance if we make another signing between now and end of August though.

Ashley R1+O

I caught a couple of his earlier pefromances and I thought he looked excellent playing in the deep role. Probably doesn't have the combat ability one vs one because of his size which I think will work a little against him now that Matic/Carrick are the starters with Fellaini as the utility in that role. I definitely think he can scrap for the Herrera role and play further up field pulling the strings if there are squad shortages and/or we need to rotate. Very promising outlook for this season and I hope he gets his shot, I've been watching him for the last few years at 23's level and he is a very very talented player.

Mickson

I think he is a decent player but I'm unsure if he is "United quality". I don't know, it's just something about him, not good enough at nr 10, nod good enough in an deep-lying position, not good or fast enough as a winger. I'd say; loan him out again. Watford or something.

dichinero

I think he is a decent player but I'm unsure if he is "United quality". I don't know, it's just something about him, not good enough at nr 10, nod good enough in an deep-lying position, not good or fast enough as a winger. I'd say; loan him out again. Watford or something.
We won't know if he doesn't get a chance. We have a lot of players that aren't United quality either, yet they'll get a ton of chances

Mickson

We won't know if he doesn't get a chance. We have a lot of players that aren't United quality either, yet they'll get a ton of chances
Fellaini? Lingard? Can see the purpose of them. Really can't with Pereira right now. I don't mind if he stays though.

Home&Away

He seems to try to overcomplicate things a tad. Bringing a simplicity to his game from deep ( similar to how cleverley played) coupled with the technique he has; something may come to fruition.

No way saying that cleverley was good but he never over complicated things ever.

Mark Pawelek

Andreas Pereira's birthday is Jan 1 1996, making him 21 now. For the coming season, I think that means he is still an 'under-21'. There's no limit to the number of under-21 players in a squad. The issues is whether he plays.

Brightonian

Fellaini? Lingard? Can see the purpose of them. Really can't with Pereira right now. I don't mind if he stays though.
Yes, because they've actually been given a chance to show you. Pereira is more gifted than either (and I'm a Lingard fan), and has a beautifully all-round game in his locker which could be a big asset to the team. He's too far along for a loan now, it's time to get him some United minutes.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
One of the things that has become clear tactically in recent years has been the importance of players who can run at defenders or other midfielders with the ball at their feet. All the best teams have those players who can cause problems by beating the 1st defender. LVG had us playing a possession and passing based game however he didnt allow players to run with the ball. Defences have become better organised with respect to dealing with pass and move football, dribblers can cause chaos in among that. Fellaini isnt a midfielder who can dribble past players for example and we have been lacking players who can in the midfield. Periera is a young player who can pass with either foot, has a decent passing range, can also dribble (and importantly off either foot), he can receive and turn with either foot, he is quick and has shown he can cover a number of midfield positions. The bit he has thats lacking is simply experience, he will have games where he will make mistakes but as he develops those instances will lessen.

The White Pele

Watching Swansea yesterday it struck me that Pereira could be an ideal player for them to fill the void left by Sigurdsson.

With Pogba and Matic looking like they will play regularly and Fellaini/Herrera likely to be ahead of him if we switch to a 3, would another loan move be the best way forward?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Close to signing for Valencia on loan apparently. Not sure about that one... would rather he stayed or at least stayed in England.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Lingard is good enough to play for United but Perreira isn't? Or are you also one of the "local lad > anyone else" brigade?

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
I think I'd rather him stay here. If he goes out on loan again I can't see him coming back to us.

DannyDee

We need to extend him if we are loaning him. I was hoping he'd stick and get a chance in EFL, back-up duties and just in a general rotation with CL group games. If he didn't get enough games by then, find him a home for the 2nd half in January.

barmyarmy

The @valenciacf is very close to having the assignment d @andrinhopereira - @ManUtd_Es according to our confirmed official sources in England

Status
Not open for further replies.