Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 101472

Thank you.

Look at the pressing from LA and the close passing, it's not hard to imagine a similar scenario playing out with PL quality players and the same outcome taking place. Very excited to see him this season

tom porter

I have high hopes for him breaking in as a great backup option to Pogba and Herrera in a 3 man midfield. Very tidy and creative player

Red_toad

Your logic being we should only judge him on this one pre-season game except we also shouldn't because the opposition wasn't good enough so we should judge him on... nothing. In other words not praise him at all. But it's still okay to say he's not good enough. Gotcha
Please feel free to read back through the thread at my posts. There is praise and acknowledgement that he's not playing a role he's best suited to. Should I just join in with the hype? I'm sure there's a none 2017/18 performance thread out there.

Devil may care

He's got so much ability on the ball and passes it well with either foot, I hope Mourinho gives him a genuine chance this season, not just a few cuo games.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
What? Fellaini's one of the most important players for Jose. Periera needs to grow 6 inches to even have a chance. lol
What if periera starts growing a 6 in mowhawk to compete with that afro tree...?? However i would more love to see periera ease into the team with no pressure.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Played within himself for the most part and was slightly static in terms of his movement, perhaps due to tactical instructions to keep it simple. You could still see hints of his exceptional technical abilities on the ball, but he heeds to be more adventurous and assertive with the range of his passing (he made great strides at Granada in this department - that experience will hold him in good stead), more effervescent in terms of his movement, and quicker in terms of decision-making because he has a propensity for dawdling on the ball - hopefully, that'll come in due time (and at United).

People often underestimate how complete Pereira's game is in terms of raw tools as a central midfielder who's adept at carrying the ball from deeper regions - he can dribble, is a good passer, quite press resistant, two-footed, takes responsibility in tighter positions instead of hiding behind opposition players, and is only young for midfielders of his nature - they usually mature with age when the raw skills are allied with experience and patience on the ball instead of being overzealous and rushing into decisions, or trying to do too much at once.

Very Modrić-esque in aesthetic terms, and has the potential to emerge as a long-term upgrade over Ander for the RCM spot given his superior ability on the ball. Just hope that we have a plan for him because he could be the difference between having a long term option alongside Pogba, and spending £50 million on someone else given our inefficient midfield scouting program (while the likes of Madrid sign Ceballos and Valverde for €20m combined).

RedCurry

To become a Jose midfielder, you must pass the defensive midfielder test. Pogba, Fellaini, Herrera and Carrick have all been played in that position by Jose. It might be something to do with improving tactical awareness of a player since you can see the entire game from such a deep position and it requires discipline.

It can only mean positive things that Pereira has been tested in that position.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
if coutinho was at inter and not liverpool, you wouldn't have written that. coutinho is a very good player, regardless of who he plays for.
He is a very good player, but nope. He has great technique but seriously lacks game intelligence. I want Pereira to become world class, and Coutinho simply isn't (even though he probably has the ability to be); Pereira's skillset also looks much closer to Thiago's, who is a much better comparison and example for him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This kid is a gem and United should gradually give him more minutes.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
To become a Jose midfielder, you must pass the defensive midfielder test. Pogba, Fellaini, Herrera and Carrick have all been played in that position by Jose. It might be something to do with improving tactical awareness of a player since you can see the entire game from such a deep position and it requires discipline.

When did Pogba play #6? Can't remember any of that that.

Could he our Coutinho?
Does Coutinho play #6?

criticalanalysis

Played within himself for the most part and was slightly static in terms of his movement, perhaps due to tactical instructions to keep it simple. You could still see hints of his exceptional technical abilities on the ball, but he heeds to be more adventurous and assertive with the range of his passing (he made great strides at Granada in this department - that experience will hold him in good stead), more effervescent in terms of his movement, and quicker in terms of decision-making because he has a propensity for dawdling on the ball - hopefully, that'll come in due time (and at United).

People often underestimate how complete Pereira's game is in terms of raw tools as a central midfielder who's adept at carrying the ball from deeper regions - he can dribble, is a good passer, quite press resistant, two-footed, takes responsibility in tighter positions instead of hiding behind opposition players, and is only young for midfielders of his nature - they usually mature with age when the raw skills are allied with experience and patience on the ball instead of being overzealous and rushing into decisions, or trying to do too much at once.

Very Modrić-esque in aesthetic terms, and has the potential to emerge as a long-term upgrade over Ander for the RCM spot given his superior ability on the ball. Just hope that we have a plan for him because he could be the difference between having a long term option alongside Pogba, and spending £50 million on someone else given our inefficient midfield scouting program (while the likes of Madrid sign Ceballos and Valverde for €20m combined).
Agree with everything you say, he really does have a well rounded set of tools but like the poster below you allures to, I think he is doing the simple things because he wants to show he can listen and do what the manager wants. That's the kind of maturity and mentality (as opposed to asserting his creative ability) I'm sure Mourinho wants.

His problem is like very much Herrera as not having a single defined position. It would make a lot of sense to make him battle ready for the centre of midfield but I don't think he has the defensive side that Herrera has shown and it's very unlikely he will be played further up field as the 10. I think all the minutes he gets in pre season will be trials to show he can be a reliable option as the 2nd midfielder in a 3 and the bench option on the wings. If he can nail down those jobs, he'll develop nicely.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He feels like the type of player that could become a fan favorite. Just depends on how good he'll actually turn out.

kundalini

Certainly capable of moments of real quality. Looks to be progressive, through-balls, one superb cross. I thought he could have done more to position himself to receive passes slightly higher up the field, rather than on the same line as our central defenders.

Dazzmondo

Clearly the MOTM in the 2nd half. Great positioning, some strong tackles, strong on the ball, and excellent range of passing throughout. 2 very good performances in a row. Great to see. Hope it continues. Convinced he'll get a decent amount of games this season, even if he doesn't get that many in the league.

Dazzmondo

Certainly capable of moments of real quality. Looks to be progressive, through-balls, one superb cross. I thought he could have done more to position himself to receive passes slightly higher up the field, rather than on the same line as our central defenders.
Well Jose clearly wanted him to remain deep so that's not really his fault.

barmyarmy

Midfield trio of Herrera Pogba and pereira could be special. Always rated him highly since his early days in youth team. Big season for him hopefully he nails down a place in the first team by the end of season

Waiting eagerly to see what position he plays against City & Real in next few matches

SATA

I like the look of this boy :drool:

But pre-season games can be pretty deceiving as compared to playing in front of 75000 people at Old Trafford every week. Let's hope he keeps this up

Duafc

Village Lemon
He's the player I most want to make an impression on Mourinho.

I think if he shows a bit of trust in him we'd eventually have a really top player. For me the technical ability across so many elements is there, last season I think also shows a lot about his character and attitude too.

Devil may care

His passing off either foot is so accurate and confident, and his positioning to constantly be in a place to recieve was spot on tonight, ultimately I see him playing as one of the #8's in a midfield 3 but learning the #6 role wont hurt him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He impresses me pretty much every time I see him play. Hopefully he gets a decent role in the squad as he has loads of potential IMO.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I like the look of this boy :drool:

But pre-season games can be pretty deceiving as compared to playing in front of 75000 people at Old Trafford every week. Let's hope he keeps this up
Sort of player who raises his game imo. I think he's been okay so far but nothing close to what he can show just yet.

Web of Bissaka

Surprise to see Jose playing him as #6, :drool: and surprise to see he play that role very very well, as if it's his natural position.

What impresses me the most is his positioning discipline, defense screening, marking opponent well, superb range of passing, right decisions of pass, distributions everywhere, and those sexy forward precise passes. Impressive.

He can officially now play all the midfield positions.. good sign, for sure he'll be given lots of games.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
His cross was beckhamesque. I think he's coming along very well and should get plenty of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.