5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

I fear Jose will tell him his game time will be limited and he will seek a move away.

Fingers crossed he gets a chance but given the number of players we have in that position it doesn't seem likely. Jose will put his trust in the tried and tested.
Who plays instead of Matic in that position as the deepest midfielder though? The other candidates are Herrera and McTominay, I think Pereira has a good chance against those two.

He's playing really well so far! He's definitely ready for first team football this season.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He deserves a chance to play with our top players. Hopefully he stick around this season he will get a chance.

SteveW

I'm a fan of his.

He's a good footballer, techincally good, good short and long passes, decent aggression off the ball I've always thought even from a young age, he puts good deliveries and set pieces in.

He's also very versatile. His best position is number 8/10 in a 3 you'd say but he has some scope for playing where he played the other night at number 6 and he's played wide most of his professional career. He played wide right in a 4-4-2 whenever he played for Valencia. Pace is not his best asset but he's not painfully slow so with his technical qualities and deliveries he's not a lost fish out there at all.

I'm a fan and hope he continues to thrive on this tour and impress the manager. As of now- we'll play a midfield 3 against Leicester of

Matic
Fred Herrera

I think
Matic
Fred Pereira

has far more potential in a home game we want to get on the ball and play forward in.
Agree with Matic Fred Pereira. Incisive forward passing

AKDevil

Yep. I see it now and what he can bring to the table. Got to give him as many minutes as possible on this tour.

Zoo

He has shown good strength and defensive diligence too. I hope Jose is pleased.

el3mel

Pretty good today in a mostly number 6 role. Looked like a deep lying playmaker.

Utdstar01

Along with Sanchez, looked a level above everyone else on the pitch.

Kearnkoff69

He deserves a spot in the team. He has been very good both of these games. Super sharp, and so incisive with his passing. We need those qualities in the squad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Worked really hard today and was the only midfielder looking to move the ball forward, he could be a real asset if Pogba's ever injured. Really good performance, hopefully good enough for Mourinho to be asking a few questions. His decision making has really improved and he released the ball quickly when he needed to.

Canagel

Only player who really impressed today. He demands the ball and always looks for the forward pass. Strong tackling too and he recovered a lot of balls. He definitely has the skill to play as a deep lying playmaker in the mould of Carrick. Reminds a lot of Thiago Alcantara for some reason. They both like quick incisive passes and both are technically very good. Periera can play with Pogba and Fred for sure.

AltiUn

Only player who really impressed today. He demands the ball and always looks for the forward pass. Strong tackling too and he recovered a lot of balls. He definitely has the skill to play as a deep lying playmaker in the mould of Carrick. Reminds a lot of Thiago Alcantara for some reason. They both like quick incisive passes and both are technically very good. Periera can play with Pogba and Fred for sure.
Yeah, he's really come a long way in that regard. He seems like he has such a good attitude; his on the field manner and the way he conducts himself in interviews is very impressive. The loan spells seem to have done him no harm, if he plays like that every time he's on the pitch for us I don't see any reason why he can't have a long-term future here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So if we use a 3 man midfield of Matic, Fred and Pogba to start with, Herrera is the obvious first choice back up but can see Pereira being the 2nd choice back up. Or should be at least. Fellaini the sub to be a target man if we need a goal or to defend long balls.

AltiUn

So if we use a 3 man midfield of Matic, Fred and Pogba to start with, Herrera is the obvious first choice back up but can see Pereira being the 2nd choice back up. Or should be at least. Fellaini the sub to be a target man if we need a goal or to defend long balls.
In an ideal world we'd have Pogba/Pereria, Matic/Herrera and Fred/Fellaini as the system if one gets injured the other can slot straight in, although it doesn't really account for variables like other injuries too. I'd like to see Pereira as the 2nd choice back up too but I think Fellaini still holds too much sway at the moment.

AltiUn

He's better than Herrera in my opinion.
Herrera's biggest problem is that he still seems to have LvG embedded into his brain. He's a better player than he's shown but he seems far more interested in retaining possession than actually doing something, I know it's been a while since he's shown it but he's very capable of being a creative outlet.

Really really good performance from him today. Stood out from all our players, looked leagues ahead of Herrera and McTominay.

deafepl

Now, Matic and Pereira battling for DM. One is attacked mind, other is defensive minded, excellent to have them in midfield depth.

flappyjay

Herrera's biggest problem is that he still seems to have LvG embedded into his brain. He's a better player than he's shown but he seems far more interested in retaining possession than actually doing something, I know it's been a while since he's shown it but he's very capable of being a creative outlet.
yep the herrera from 14/15 and the current herrera are two completely different players

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You could see parts of Carrick in his game today. Great player - he's the type of player we would be begging to sign if we saw him playing for another team.

serxyo

He’s always been a great talent. It was pretty much the same last year in pre season, but this time he’ll stay surely.

I think Mourinho has his midfield for the new season. Rotating between Matic, Pogba, Pereira, Fred and Herrera. Every manager would love that. I expect McTomminay to go on loan, but we’ll see.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Good job. Much better today. Definitely playing higher up the pitch suits him better than sitting deep, where he lacks basic defensive awareness.

mohr

He’s always been a great talent. It was pretty much the same last year in pre season, but this time he’ll stay surely.

I think Mourinho has his midfield for the new season. Rotating between Matic, Pogba, Pereira, Fred and Herrera. Every manager would love that. I expect McTomminay to go on loan, but we’ll see.
Sadly I think Fellaini will be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Last edited by a moderator:

haram

You forgot big Fellaini :D

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I like Pereira in the middle, good distribution. He could certainly have an impact on our season, if Mourinho is brave enough to use him.

Dudu

Always been a big fan of this lad. Versatile, technically gifted and good vision. Hopefully this is the season to make the step up to the first team. He's been on loan for the past two seasons now (Granada and Valencia) and played a significant chunk of the season for both clubs.

I've always loved that he seems so determined to make it at the club.

After his Granada loan spell:

"Now I am focused at United. I am here and I want to stay here and I believe I am going to stay. I wanted to get experience of playing a season on loan at a club, to play week in, week out. That's what I got at Granada.”

Valencia in particular was quite keen on signing him on a permanent deal. This was his response:

“Valencia approached my agent and said they want to buy me which is flattering. The Valencia coach speaks with me a lot and we have a good understanding, but as far as I’m concerned I’m still a Manchester United player, with a contract at Old Trafford until 2020 and an ambition to make it at United. I’ve never sought to leave United.”
He has even admitted to watching every United game when on loan. Proper fan! Not to mention he's only 22. Really hoping the kid makes it here... this is your season Andrinho!

Roboc7

Did well but reality is he will be 7th choice when the other midfielders return. Fair play to him for giving it a go but he won’t get many chances next season so will have to make the most of it when he does.

Highfather_24

6th choice. He is playing better than McTominay.

Fred, Pogba and Matic are starters while Herrera, Pereira and Fellaini are rotaters.

Ashley R1+O

Solid stuff so far, can sit on the fringe of the squad and make a real push into the attacking positions as a versatile player if he does not go on loan.

kirk buttercup

One of our Problems last year was Matic Played too many Games and looked burnt out . Hopefully Jose will use him and Rotate him with Matic .As a number 6 he is far better than everyone else other than Matic . I can understand Fellani being kept as a weird plan B send him on and let him elbow and Disrupt other teams but if Jose tries to use Fellani at 6 rather than this Kid he's lost it .

Status
Not open for further replies.