5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Consistent, drilled, forward and eye of the needle passes non stop. This is a Carrick player. This is a young Carrick. This is missing from our midfield. If he doesn’t get played consistently this season I am thoroughly done with Mourinho.
I'd have him above Fellaini in the pecking order and get him a run of games in the league. His talent is there to see, really hope Jose doesn't screw him over.

We have very few things to get excited about for this season, so I hope we are not denied this little silver lining.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He’s been the player of the tour so far.

Give him minutes in the first team in the regular season

Silas

Happy to see him doing as well as I imagined. Hopefully, he gets a good number of appearances alongside Pogba and Matic during the season while Fred settles in.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He has--but then again, he s done this before in preseason imho. Probably more composed and less trickery tho.
He bulks up a lot too. He seems like the type we've been missing in midfield. He's taking in-charge of the midfield, and as you said, very composed with the ball.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Love watching him and players like him. Genuinely feel he can become a terrific player in time, as he ages and matures. Hes 22 now... for example, Modric at the same age was still at Dinamo Zagreb, lampard at West Ham, Zidane at Bordeaux, etc.. He just needs to get his chances and hopefully he gets them this season, and stays in the team if he does well. Deserves it based on pre-season.

Also, he made the right decision going out on loan. He impressed in previous pre-seasons, but looks hugely improved from before and a lot more mature (with space to grow).

trafford1980

I'm very impressed. Stoked that he’s producing, albeit in pre-season.

He's at a similar age to what Jorginho was when he first broke into the Napoli team. I hope his United career follows a similar trajectory. He certainly seems confident in his recent interviews, almost demanding the responsibility.

I didn’t get a chance watch him in a Valencia shirt, but going by his excellent pre-season form I’m surprised his performances there weren't widely applauded. Did he turn out in a different position for them?

Ban

Where will he play when Pogba and Matić get back. Matić sub or?

Or Herrera sub probably?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is having very good preseason, he is ready to be part of first team and should be. His passing is very good and also versatile to play different roles and positions.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I can see him having a great pre-season only to sit on the bench afterwards.
As long as he's a high priority sub that comes on in a lot of the matches, plus gets a decent amount of starts. Basically that he gets a fair chance of over-taking Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay in the pecking order, and ultimately if he deserves to move ahead of one of the starting three then he gets rewarded for it. That's the situation I'm hoping for.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He has--but then again, he s done this before in preseason imho. Probably more composed and less trickery tho.
Was just gunna say this.

His performances are absolutely no surprise, he's done this for the last couple pre season tours and it's really frustrating he hasn't already been given a chance, especially given how stale our midfield has looked during that time.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He wasn't good in the last preseason at all.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
As long as he's a high priority sub that comes on in a lot of the matches, plus gets a decent amount of starts. Basically that he gets a fair chance of over-taking Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay in the pecking order, and ultimately if he deserves to move ahead of one of the starting three then he gets rewarded for it. That's the situation I'm hoping for.
He should be ahead of them imo but with Jose.... he prefers age too much

Sb_16

The loans have done good for his development. At least no one wants him sold for now.

MadDogg

Was just gunna say this.

His performances are absolutely no surprise, he's done this for the last couple pre season tours and it's really frustrating he hasn't already been given a chance, especially given how stale our midfield has looked during that time.
He did do it two years ago from memory. Last year his preseason certainly wasn't as good though. It wasn't bad and he was decent enough, but he also didn't stand out at all like he has this season.

Ace of Spades

Last pre-season he was shuffled around at various positions, this pre-season he has basically only played one position, and will likely play the first few matches of the league at least.

The plan seems to be that he will be the back up to Matic.

Thiagoal

Pretty sure I read something yesterday where Mourinho was suggesting he'll be battling/ rotating with Fred

MadDogg

Last pre-season he was shuffled around at various positions, this pre-season he has basically only played one position, and will likely play the first few matches of the league at least.

The plan seems to be that he will be the back up to Matic.
From memory he was played in the same position last season (where he was decent but nothing special), until the last match when he was moved over to the right wing (where he was actually quite poor). I could be wrong though.

La Pioche

I didn’t get a chance watch him in a Valencia shirt, but going by his excellent pre-season form I’m surprised his performances there weren't widely applauded. Did he turn out in a different position for them?
He played on the wing for them and you just could see this is not his best position. Sometimes he wanted too much and made often not the right decision in terms of dribbling/passing. He was injured then a few weeks also. But that Valencia wanted him on a permanent deal shows that he did a good job there.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
few things I want to react to:

- he was good last couple of pre-season but not as good, he had an average game here and there. He looks much stronger now, physically and mentally, noone can push him from the ball and he actually wins a lot of challenges. He always could pick a pass but right now it seems he's demanding the ball and is confident to make the play which is great to see
- agreed that if he was a player we bought for 50m I'd be very confident he could improve us next season, imagine when he gets players like Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard and Pogba, Matic in midfield who will make runs and make the play easier, I think that is why Mourinho want him to play it safer and faster because he would be replacing Herrera longterm and both Matic and Pogba who will be starting most of the games like to spend some time on the ball. Also thing that he could be a Pogba's alternative because he's versatile enough
- so it seems he will be the connecting midfielder, box to box who can do a bit of everything and help the transition to attack along with Fred
- he is good at set pieces, it's good to have a palyer like that in a team
- he really needs to stay strong and be patient, the chances might not come easily even after another, and by far his best pre-season so far, but he is 22, like someone said, plenty of time to develop, when you consider where Modric, who is kinda the type of player Pereira can become imo, was still in Croatia.
- let's not feck this up Jose, forget about your darlings McTominay, Fellaini and give this lad a chance he will make our football more exciting and effective, he's a real talent to develop

DutchRed7

His vertical and diagonal passes make me so excited and can benefit our attacking play so much.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He wasn't good in the last preseason at all.
Yeah, he was pretty poor. You could almost pinpoint the game where his hopes of forcing his way into the team evaporated completely. The friendly in Dublin. Glad to hear he was good last night. Although I'm tempted to take the rave reviews with a pinch of salt because people were getting giddy about the previous game too. And I watched that one and wasn't half as blown away as some of ye. Hopefully he's improving, game by game.

Bwuk

He looks like the exact midfielder we needed last season.

I do wonder why on earth we bothered re-signing Fellaini. It's pretty clear we'll play a three man midfield, and we'll have Pogba, Matic, Fred, Herrera, Pereira, Lingard, Fellaini and McTominay.

Too many numbers.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Yeah, he was pretty poor. You could almost pinpoint the game where his hopes of forcing his way into the team evaporated completely. The friendly in Dublin. Glad to hear he was good last night. Although I'm tempted to take the rave reviews with a pinch of salt because people were getting giddy about the previous game too. And I watched that one and wasn't half as blown away as some of ye. Hopefully he's improving, game by game.
I am not sure if people were blown away but considering which players played alongside him in a different stage of fitness against a much fitter side I think he's done really well so far and stoodout while not being outstanding but that is what Mourinho want from him keep it simple and he's doing that playing alot fo forward passes while handling the ball quickly. Wait for him to play next to Pogba Matic, with Lukaku, Lingard and Rashford up top, he will play better for sure in a better team. Let's hope he keeps that up till the start of the season. Then Mourinho has no other thing to do then to start him over unfit Fred who still has to prove himself. Vacationing Pogba and Fellaini. Big chance for Pereira this year, hope he stays patient if he's not pick from the beginning but surely he should hget his chance

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

I do wonder why on earth we bothered re-signing Fellaini. It's pretty clear we'll play a three man midfield, and we'll have Pogba, Matic, Fred, Herrera, Pereira, Lingard, Fellaini and McTominay.

Too many numbers.
Lingard is surely one for the attacking 3. But yes, too many.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'm very impressed. Stoked that he’s producing, albeit in pre-season.

He's at a similar age to what Jorginho was when he first broke into the Napoli team. I hope his United career follows a similar trajectory. He certainly seems confident in his recent interviews, almost demanding the responsibility.

He was shunted around and was on the RW for quite a bit.

As I had said during the match thread -- he has matured a lot. He is starting to show the potential that we saw at the youth levels and when he was bossing it around then but now at the 1st team level now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Too many numbers.
I don't think Mourinho has Pereira as part of his plans for our first team this season. I hope I'm wrong. Either that or Pereira forces him to reassess his plans.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Looked far better for England as a #8 than he does out wide for us.
He wasn't really a #8 as he was rotating with Alli and was certainly no better than he looked at times last season.

Laurentiu amt

I said it before, I'm saying it again, that's some Scholes shite from Andreas right there.
The kid needs to play. Maybe not thrown directly into the 1st eleven, but he should be the 1st CM on the bench and the 1st CM available for a sub.

Andy_Cole

I said it before, I'm saying it again, that's some Scholes shite from Andreas right there.
The kid needs to play. Maybe not thrown directly into the 1st eleven, but he should be the 1st CM on the bench and the 1st CM available for a sub.
But Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.