Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Lovely goal.

But I still don't find him very impressive. His game is extremely patchy with a lot of poor decisions in general.
This.

Great goal, but Im still not convinced. He loses possession too often and too easy, I still think we should improve on him.

Phil Osophy

It's true that he can play better than this, and he's probably carrying some pressure on his shoulders. He's a player who clearly wants to make it here, his contract is ending and he's having his last chance to make it possible. So when he starts a game he looks a bit nervous and insecure. His current battle is to overcome this pressure, be calm and start showing his class, starting by reducing the basic mistakes and then with confidence do better things.

For me it's clear that the current staff is seeing something in him, because leaving the fix starters aside he's the one who plays more at midfield. If Ole asks the club to keep him I can see Andreas becoming a solid squad player, and who knows what else in the future. I'm completely sure that once he leaves or gets a contract he'll release that pressure and will show much better stuff. But if he wants to remain it needs to start from him, by showing personality and winning that mental battle. I hope he does.

El Jefe

Pretty average game, but that 10 minute spell he was great.
This.

The 10-15 minute spell he had was amazing. Everything before and after was quite poor IMO especially off the ball work and keeping the ball.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am not convinced. We were out muscled today in MF. Andreas was losing the ball and second to the fifty/fifties.

Had a good 15 minute spell. I think the pressure gets to him. When he scored the goal, his confidence went up and he done some good things. But then when ward prowse equalized, he went back to being poor.

There is a huge difference between Herrera and Andreas.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Clearly not a number 6 or 8.

He was better when he was moved to the no. 10 position .

He should be given more games as a number 10 when Pogba needs rest/injured.if he excels we can move mata on and retain him, if not he should be moved on.

deadrevelz

I think he can reach a higher level than he has shown so far, but I've yet to see anything that suggests he is first 11 material. We currently have a lot of squad players and not enough top quality... some of them will have to be moved on at some point.

Still, great goal, looked bright and confident after he scored. If we can get one great squad player out of him or McTominay I'll be happy.

ash_86

He was playing well in the advanced position. I think he'll do well as #10.

AJ10

From what i remember he played as a 10 at youth level and its clear he's not at 6 or 8. Brilliant goal/assist and should of had another assist in the first half.

Charlie Foley

He looked better when he was moved forward. Struggled a little at times with their physicality, there was one stage on the right in the first half he beat his man but then got isolated against 2 with no support and lost the ball.

I think Dalot coming on allowed a move around and put Andreas in a better position. Having that pace and incision out wide really opens up the middle. His goal was a screamer, and a brave decision with Shaw in acres of space outside. Did brilliantly for Lukaku’s first goal too, rode a foul and slipped a nice ball in.

In that position in the second half I’m fine with him being a little more peripheral in general play if he’s coming up with game changing moments like that.

Would like to see him with Herrera and matic in the team, and not McTominay or Sanchez

Hector_the_honourable

Periera reminds me so much of Mata. Struggles with the pace of the premier league, gets pushed off and dispossessed easily but push him forward into the spaces between the midfield and the attack line and he comes into his own.

This season is giving him his first taste with the speed and physicality of premier league which is good for his growth but his long term future definitely lies in a forward role.
Problem is how do we put Pogba and him together without compromising the defensive solidarity of the team?!

Reactions: Penna

Mcking

He played a huge part in the victory, but he struggled to get involved which has usually been the case in the games he has played for us. Young consistently ignoring him and going for the long pass does not help, but I feel he still has issues with the pace and physicality of the league. He is easily bypassed, second to most 50-50s, struggles to retain the ball under pressure, and his passing is still quite unconvincing. He also needs to improve on positioning while defending and also how to position to receive the ball. He's still got many flaws, though I hope he would improve with more time and more games.

Tiber

Class goal. I've always really liked him and have felt bad for him this year when has found himself suddenly brought in from the cold and told to perform.

Would love to see him build upon this

Alemar

Very bad first half. Still, a cracker of a goal and also an assist, credit when it is due.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Not for me, at least not for a top club because as he also showed today his eye for a cutting pass and ability to deliver it arent of the same quality as his longshot.

For someone in the 10 role at a top club to make it long term, needs to be able to play a final pass consistently to set up others. Obviously he found a pretty basic pass after good determination today and Lukaku turned it into a goal. But I'll be surprised if I see him setting up too much more himself.

On the other hand as we've seen from Ander and Pogba, you can get plenty of shots from the edge of the box or even inside it playing from our CM roles. He just needs to get himself into those positions and bet on himself.
I should have qualified my statement. As far as the three positions he can play, I think his best chance to succeed is at the 10. His positional awareness is as bad as it gets as a CM, which hurts the team much more imo.

sport2793

Ole said in his presser today that the staff have figured out that Andreas is better as an 8 or 10 and not as effective as a 6. Not sure if Andreas will get the time to show that he's worth a new contract though.

PepsiCola

Ole said in his presser today that the staff have figured out that Andreas is better as an 8 or 10 and not as effective as a 6. Not sure if Andreas will get the time to show that he's worth a new contract though.
Surely it's worth giving him a contract to protect him as a financial asset?

We aren't going to get all big targets this summer.

Would be nice to have depth assured in the advanced positions so recruitment can focus on the defence.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Surely it's worth giving him a contract to protect him as a financial asset?

We aren't going to get all big targets this summer.

Would be nice to have depth assured in the advanced positions so recruitment can focus on the defence.
He wants to play, so I doubt he'll want to sign a contract unless he believes he will play quite often.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Great fight on the lad in the second half. Absolutely massive contribution when it mattered. Top class second half.

Kostov

I think he did better when moved at the tip of the diamond. He runs a lot but his defensive contribution is the most worrying part for me. Still I feel he was the best out of the 3 midfielders today, with a goal and an assist I just hope he build on this.

Zoo

First of many worldies from him hopefully. He has the quality off his right foot.

Didn't see the game today but so happy to hear he got a goal and an assist, it will do his confidence the world of good!!

khoazany

Some of here has zero patience on young players. Same shit with Lingard, Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof etc all over again in this thread. This is Andreas's first proper season with the first team.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some of here has zero patience on young players. Same shit with Lingard, Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof etc all over again in this thread. This is Andreas's first proper season with the first team.
It's not just that, we still don't know what his best position is, which is a bit of a problem too. He will develop into a good player, but it doesn't look like it will be happening here sadly.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd have to agree with the general consensus in the thread, in that he scored a lovely goal and at an important time too, however, i felt his general play was lacking.

khoazany

It's not just that, we still don't know what his best position is, which is a bit of a problem too. He will develop into a good player, but it doesn't look like it will be happening here sadly.
People have been saying the same shit about Pereira since he's 18-19 (Juventus, PSG blah blah). He's still here.

If Ole stays, he's not going anywhere yet.

Adam-Utd

I think he did better when moved at the tip of the diamond. He runs a lot but his defensive contribution is the most worrying part for me. Still I feel he was the best out of the 3 midfielders today, with a goal and an assist I just hope he build on this.
Yep he’s too slow and weak in possession to be the deepest midfielder.

At the top though he can use his turning/quick passing better and his shooting technique is clearly excellent.

Kostov

Yep he’s too slow and weak in possession to be the deepest midfielder.

At the top though he can use his turning/quick passing better and his shooting technique is clearly excellent.
He's a very good kicker of the ball, and I want him on set pieces when he plays. He is talented and I hope he builds on this, let's wait and see. As it stands he is a better option than Fred.

Ashish Negi

I am still suprised that he is not allowed to take corners and free kicks. Set pieces is one of his best ability and ofcourse he can take corners from both feets .

PlayerOne

People have been saying the same shit about Pereira since he's 18-19 (Juventus, PSG blah blah). He's still here.

If Ole stays, he's not going anywhere yet.
Not that simple though, think his contract is up in the summer and it's March but there hasn't been any talk him signing a new deal or us offering him one. In fact he has been linked with a move to Brazil, he's ambitious I can't see him staying and playing a bit part role here.

MadMike

He has a very good right foot. Both his long distance shots and his crosses are very accurate. He should have had another assist today if Lukaku had made cleaner contact with his head from that delightful cross in the first half.

However, since he's never gonna be a striker, he needs to become a more adept midfielder and better at ball retention, becoming available and playing pass and move. He needs to raise his floor a bit, cause when he's bad (like first half or Reading) he stinks the place up quite a bit. He needs to become more reliable and doing the basic midfielder things.

Alemar

I am still suprised that he is not allowed to take corners and free kicks. Set pieces is one of his best ability and ofcourse he can take corners from both feets .
Absolutely. If he plays, he must take all set pieces

youmeletsfly

Was very good for ~20 minutes and in the same time was very weak defensively for the whole game. Also put in 2 good crosses in the 1st half that nearly turned into a goal.

I'm not quick on defending him, but we also need to take into consideration that he really didn't play much this season. At times he looks like a headless chicken, doesn't know who to press on, when to lift his head up and so on.

There is a player in there for sure, he just needs 5-6 games to see if he really can get that player out or if he'll be mediocre for the rest of his remaining time here.

One thing you can't fault the guy for is giving his all. He ran his socks today and that's the right attitude of a United player. Does he have the skill to be a United player, that's to be seen after having a run of games in the 1st eleven.

The same people who criticize him like mad dogs are the same that were spitting shit about Lindelof last year. (Lindelof got a run of 8-12 games in the team and the rest is history.
Players like Andreas and Fred need the same.

crossy1686

career ending
I think he's suffered in his development due to our desire for him to be Carrick's replacement when he really isn't that player.

He has a great pass on him, good vision and a deadly set piece but his positioning is poor and he switches off too much to do a defensive role. We should try him further up as a #10, which he was in the reserves before, and see how he gets on for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.