5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

3 good games a season doesn't prove anything. Andreas probably loves the club aswell, and has a much better attitude overall.
13 goals and 7 assists 2017/2018. Hardly three good games. I think that's good enough from a squad player but haters gonna hate. Do you think Andreas from Belgium/Brazil loves the club? He wanted to play for Valencia instead. Better attitude? According to who? Ask Mourinho and see if he agrees.

JoaquinJoaquin

13 goals and 7 assists 2017/2018. Hardly three good games. I think that's good enough from a squad player but haters gonna hate. Do you think Andreas from Belgium/Brazil loves the club? He wanted to play for Valencia instead. Better attitude? According to who? Ask Mourinho and see if he agrees.
You have picked his best season to validate your claim, when he has been in the first team for 4 years now. The season before that he had 5 goals and the season prior 6. This season another 5, all while being an attacker for Manchester United. If you are going to at least try and defend him, going by stats is not the way to do it. And I say that as someone who believes stats are massively over used when judging players these days.

How do you Andreas doesn't love United? So are you saying that our fans from abroad cannot love the club like Warrington born Lingard?

Mourinho, the guy who got fired and had a toxic relationship with nearly everyone? What a great judge of character he is.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't care one bit about his age. He has shown he can be productive in a team and I don't see the point of getting rid of one player who loves the club, has shown he can produce, won't complain if he's a squad player, and is homegrown. Who is going to replace Lingard as a squad player and why?
Except he has not

Mickson

You have picked his best season to validate your claim, when he has been in the first team for 4 years now. The season before that he had 5 goals and the season prior 6. This season another 5, all while being an attacker for Manchester United. If you are going to at least try and defend him, going by stats is not the way to do it. And I say that as someone who believes stats are massively over used when judging players these days.

How do you Andreas doesn't love United? So are you saying that our fans from abroad cannot love the club like Warrington born Lingard?

Mourinho, the guy who got fired and had a toxic relationship with nearly everyone? What a great judge of character he is.
He is a late bloomer. If he does underperform next season then I'm willing to give you right. Lingard is a player who does much other things, a bit like Park was. Therefore, I think he, regardless of points, can play a role. I'm not saying Lingard is world class, I'm saying he is better and has shown much more than Pereira ever has. And I also think that he should be a member of the squad. Why would Pereira love United? He has no relation to the club expect the fact that he gets paid there. And no, I don't think Pereira particularly loves United. I'm sure he likes the club but he will probably leave the first chance he's got, that's my feeling after following him since he's 16. Mourinho isn't clueless. Believe it or not! It's kind of annoying that. If not Mourinho, then who? YOU?

JoaquinJoaquin

He is a late bloomer. If he does underperform next season then I'm willing to give you right. Lingard is a player who does much other things, a bit like Park was. Therefore, I think he, regardless of points, can play a role. I'm not saying Lingard is world class, I'm saying he is better and has shown much more than Pereira ever has. And I also think that he should be a member of the squad. Why would Pereira love United? He has no relation to the club expect the fact that he gets paid there. And no, I don't think Pereira particularly loves United. I'm sure he likes the club but he will probably leave the first chance he's got, that's my feeling after following him since he's 16. Mourinho isn't clueless. Believe it or not! It's kind of annoying that. If not Mourinho, then who? YOU?
Lingard couldn't lace Park's boots in my honest opinion. I feel like that comparison is quite lazy, and in fact if you go back and watch Lingard in his first full season in first team, he actually made more encouraging and harrassing runs then he does now. So if anything he is going backwards which isn't a good sign for a player turning 27. Obviously you or me don't know Andreas personally but by all accounts from what i've read about him, his attitude around the club and how encouraging he is on Social media, I think it's fair to say he does love the club. I'm falling back from that argument though, as it is stupid quite frankly. You love United, doesn't mean you should be part of the squad.

Again, just look at Lingard's antics the past few weeks on social media: Acting like a total immature prat with his 'we are the new generation' post when he has been shocking this season, His logo plastered over the Manchester tribute and this post today (to which he has dragged Rashford into it). Pereira isn't doing that kind of rubbish. In fact he is encouraging his old team mates. So tell me, which players attitude would you rather have in the squad?

Kostov

Lingard is ten times better than Pereira. And is a local lad who loves the club.

I'm 100% sure that Pereira won't be at United in say three years. He'll end up at Malaga or something in a year or two. That's his level.
There is no semi decent pro footballer in the Premier League that Lingard is ten times better, never mind a 23 year old CM who while still not being there yet, made the Brazil squad in the fall. Lingard is a shit footballer by most accounts, all he has on Pereira is more experience and that's about it.

Mickson

Lingard couldn't lace Park's boots in my honest opinion. I feel like that comparison is quite lazy, and in fact if you go back and watch Lingard in his first full season in first team, he actually made more encouraging and harrassing runs then he does now. So if anything he is going backwards which isn't a good sign for a player turning 27. Obviously you or me don't know Andreas personally but by all accounts from what i've read about him, his attitude around the club and how encouraging he is on Social media, I think it's fair to say he does love the club. I'm falling back from that argument though, as it is stupid quite frankly. You love United, doesn't mean you should be part of the squad.

Again, just look at Lingard's antics the past few weeks on social media: Acting like a total immature prat with his 'we are the new generation' post when he has been shocking this season, His logo plastered over the Manchester tribute and this post today (to which he has dragged Rashford into it). Pereira isn't doing that kind of rubbish. In fact he is encouraging his old team mates. So tell me, which players attitude would you rather have in the squad?
Ah okay, you are the "He is posting on social media so he most have a rubbish attitude". Well, I leave at that.

Kostov: My point was that he is better, and quite much better. No, he has ALL on Pereira. You can't make one thing that Pereira has on Lingard when talking about achievements. Jesus... "Made the Brazil squad". Lingard made the England squad. AGAIN.

JoaquinJoaquin

Ah okay, you are the "He is posting on social media so he most have a rubbish attitude". Well, I leave at that.

Kostov: My point was that he is better, and quite much better. No, he has ALL on Pereira. You can't make one thing that Pereira has on Lingard when talking about achievements. Jesus... "Made the Brazil squad". Lingard made the England squad. AGAIN.
Good. You continue to have your head in the sand and accept mediocrity in the squad.

Kostov

Point is, he is not, and it’s not because Pereira is good enough either, but because of how shit Lingard is.

What has Lingard achieved as a 27 year old actually? Pereira wasn’t good enough this season and should get 1 more year at most, difference being one is 3 years younger and could still be too early to write off.

Mentioning his Brazil call up is not because i’m listing it as achievement, but you said Jesse Lingard is 10 times better than someone, that’s laughable for a number 10 in his prime who excels in absolutely nothing and is a very poor footballer by all accounts.

SteveW

Lingard v Pereira. That's a depressing debate.

Lingard is the better of the two.

Neither are really good enough though.

Crashoutcassius

Point is, he is not, and it’s not because Pereira is good enough either, but because of how shit Lingard is.

What has Lingard achieved as a 27 year old actually? Pereira wasn’t good enough this season and should get 1 more year at most, difference being one is 3 years younger and could still be too early to write off.

Mentioning his Brazil call up is not because i’m listing it as achievement, but you said Jesse Lingard is 10 times better than someone, that’s laughable for a number 10 in his prime who excels in absolutely nothing and is a very poor footballer by all accounts.
the rumour that lingard is 27 really has taken hold haha he must be the most 27 26 year old in the history of the world

redcafe_reader

What? How can you do this?? This is outrageous, it's unfair. How can you call Lingard 27 year old while he's 6 months away from his birthday?

Vissy

Nicky Butt was talking earlier about Pereira's fitness levels and how he rates him. If you give your honest opinion, if Pereira plays like he did against Cardiff with consistency, do you guys think he could be a good player for us? Could he adapt his game to be a number 8?

haram

If it’s true we would be giving him an extension for doing very little...

Thaumaste

I think provided the wages aren't exorbitant, this can only be a good thing. We need heavy investment in our midfield as it is, and I think Andreas has shown enough to suggest that with a bit of development he can be a solid squad option. To be honest, given his workrate and the glimpses of quality he shows on the ball, I half hope that he could be even more, and it's about time that we see whether our coaching staff have it in them to coax the maximum out of players because I don't really see any reason why Andreas can't be a player of the level of someone like Wijnaldum.

Kostov

I think no harm is done by keeping him for another season really. Extend and give him a squad role till next summer. If he doesn't show more he can leave for some small fee I suppose.

w1thout

It's an interesting one. He was so talented as a youngster, but we've been waiting long enough for him to make the step up, which he hasn't been able to do.

With one year left on his contract, having already activated the +1 option, surely it's his last chance to prove himself worthy enough for our midfield.

Nevertheless, Ole can't possibly see him and Fred as starters coming in to this season. With Matic on the decline, Scott being 1st team quality for only a short period of time, Herrera leaving and the uncertainty around Pogba's future - surely we are in severe lack of quality in midfield.

Curious to see this situation unfolds.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Siddharth

Yeah, I think we will sell. He's an ambitious player and I still think given room to grow,he can be a top player.
I think we can sell him and promote Angel Gomes so that he can take his squad place which'd have been vacated by AP's departure. There is a threat that we can lose Angel on a free. I think Angel is good enough to be our 5th or 6th choice Midfielder.

Based Adnan

He can cover all 3 positions in the middle of the park as well as on the wings. Wouldn't be the worst to keep him around but also wouldn't be fussed if we let him leave. Deffo not first 11 material and not sure he'll ever be.

G-manc

He was awful when he played last season - i can't see why we would want to extend his stay.

If he was good enough he'd have made some sort of impression at the age he's at.

cloyton

Im sorry but Jose Mourinho should be ashamed for ruining this guy.

I remember pre-season when he was a best player in all of our summer games and then started the game against Leicester and then described him as phenomenal after the game. He then played the next game and was no worse than anyone on the pitch and was dragged off at half time and never seen again until random games throughout the season. Never a solid 6/7 games in a row just the odd game here and there.

This guy has all the tools to be our magician but has been poorly handled and thrown under a buss by his arrogant manager who didn't get his new 100m toy.

Really hope we can keep him and give him a solid 6/7 games in a row to see what he can do for us.

Bwuk

Im sorry but Jose Mourinho should be ashamed for ruining this guy.

I remember pre-season when he was a best player in all of our summer games and then started the game against Leicester and then described him as phenomenal after the game. He then played the next game and was no worse than anyone on the pitch and was dragged off at half time and never seen again until random games throughout the season. Never a solid 6/7 games in a row just the odd game here and there.

This guy has all the tools to be our magician but has been poorly handled and thrown under a buss by his arrogant manager who didn't get his new 100m toy.

Really hope we can keep him and give him a solid 6/7 games in a row to see what he can do for us.
I'm not sure it falls entirely on Mourinho, but I agree that he needs a run of games. There is a player in him, he just needs a run. I'm not sure that'll come for him at United though and think it's probably be best for both parties if he moved on.

Born2Lose

Surprised to read he's 23 already, might be better for him career wise if he looks for another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.