5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosec

A hard-working player with nonexistent skill. Unfortunately, this sentence could describe 90% of our players these days.

Manchester "we don't know how to football, but we put on a shift" United.

Nick7

He looked a classy ball player in the youth team a couple of years before his loans. Shows the difference between the levels.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Whatever, mate.

Let’s just have a team showboaters who can only be arsed putting in a shift every few games then shall we?

Agree that we've probably seen the bet of Lingard but Pereira's literally had about half a season playing for us...

I don't particularly rate him but he's a decent option to have in the squad and could still improve his game.
Based on?

sugar_kane

Based on?
He's literally had 9 starts in the Premier League and is 23. Give him some time to adjust and he might turn good.

If he's still average in 2 years time then it's maybe fair to say he's the new Lingard.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's literally had 9 starts in the Premier League and is 23. Give him some time to adjust and he might turn good.

If he's still average in 2 years time then it's maybe fair to say he's the new Lingard.
Because he hasn't been good enough....

MadMike

Because he hasn't been good enough....
Neither have the other options though.

And by that logic, if we give Gomes 9 starts and he isn't good either we bin him too? At which point do you stop factoring in the age and experience of the player? Is 23 with 9 appearances too old to improve?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

And by that logic, if we give Gomes 9 starts and he isn't good either we bin him too? At which point do you stop factoring in the age and experience of the player? Is 23 with 9 appearances too old to improve?
Gomes just turned 19 and is starting his career at professional level. Pereira is 24 in three months and has only been seen as starter for Granada and has show next to nothing to suggest that he deserves more. Maybe he is a late bloomer but the skepticism is warranted.

SAFMUTD

Him starting shows how thin our midfield is, he is no where near the leven required. Good attitude and set pieces but thats about it. Should be sold at the end of the season.

MadMike

Gomes just turned 19 and is starting his career at professional level. Pereira is 24 in three months and has only been seen as starter for Granada and has show next to nothing to suggest that he deserves more. Maybe he is a late bloomer but the skepticism is warranted.
Sure. But completely writing someone off is not mere skepticism is it?

My point is that if we don’t see any improvement by end of the calendar year then by all means bin him. In the meantime we don’t really have anyone better and the lad getting a chance ain’t the end of the world.

EDIT: Also if I recall he wasn’t a starter at Valencia because they prioritised their own young starlets but wanted to sign him permanently at the end of his loan.

Last edited:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I've always had high hopes for this guy, but he really has to start showing some abilities on the pitch that we are lacking in the team. He will still be around the squad for a couple of seasons, and must show improvement during the season, or the likes of Garner, Gomes, Levitt, Chong and Greenwood will overtake him in the pecking order. That is the nature of the beast, the same with every player, improve or disappear.

kode

he should not be anywhere near the starting lineup. the guy isnt fast, not technically gifted, not powerfull, no passing ability....what does he offer to warant a start

Cassidy

Im talking over a number of years. He only has 9 starts because he has not been good enough

LuessiT

Him starting shows how thin our midfield is, he is no where near the leven required. Good attitude and set pieces but thats about it. Should be sold at the end of the season.
I don't get that. Why should he be sold? Sure we should upgrade the squad we don't have to rely on him starting but he's a very useful squad player on a cheap long term contract, can slot into multiple positions, works very hard on and off the pitch and came through our youth ranks. There is no reason to sell him. He may never truely be good enough to start for us or he just might get there but either way he's a good option to have in the squad.

R'hllor

Dont think he is that bad as squad option dunno, our problem is that if we want to get rid, we are clueless to make him even look good so we get decent money.

marktan

To be fair he was pretty good at Granada and was decent at Valencia when he played. I think he suits a slower more technical league like Spain or Italy better, but he might grow into the PL. Hasn't been amazing for us but we have a paper thin midfield so have to make do.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He plays enough that he should be improving. Just feels like he has no influence on the game apart from once in a blue moon moments. Much like Lingard.

MadMike

Im talking over a number of years. He only has 9 starts because he has not been good enough
Or maybe because he was on loan?

Anyway, to reitarate, I'm not saying that he's good yet or that he necessarily has a future here. All I'm saying is give him half a season. We gave Lingard 4 seasons ffs and at the age Pereira was on loan to Valencia, Lingard was at Derby County. A little bit of patience won't harm anyone.

SAFMUTD

I don't get that. Why should he be sold? Sure we should upgrade the squad we don't have to rely on him starting but he's a very useful squad player on a cheap long term contract, can slot into multiple positions, works very hard on and off the pitch and came through our youth ranks. There is no reason to sell him. He may never truely be good enough to start for us or he just might get there but either way he's a good option to have in the squad.
You answer yourself there mate, IMO the team should be composed from starting XI quality, challenging squad players that can take the starting spot if needed and promising youngsters.

Pereira does not fit any of those descriptions, he is not starting quality, he isn’t a squad option that can challenge for the starting spot (or at least shouldn’t if we are to compete for titles again) nor he is a promising youngster.

He is just taking minutes away from youngsters that may actually become good.

I know we are sentimental because he comes from the academy but Pereira is a really really average player that will become 24 shortly so it’s highly unlikely he’ll get to the required level.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
You answer yourself there mate, IMO the team should be composed from starting XI quality, challenging squad players that can take the starting spot if needed and promising youngsters.

Pereira does not fit any of those descriptions, he is not starting quality, he isn’t a squad option that can challenge for the starting spot (or at least shouldn’t if we are to compete for titles again) nor he is a promising youngster.

He is just taking minutes away from youngsters that may actually become good.

I know we are sentimental because he comes from the academy but Pereira is a really really average player that will become 24 shortly so it’s highly unlikely he’ll get to the required level.
He’s bridging a gap, sure he might be sold one day but the driver won’t be a desire to get rid of him it will be that he hasn’t sufficient purpose in the squad. For now he has a purpose as there’s no one ready/good enough/fit enough to take his place.

ArjenIsM3

He’s bridging a gap, sure he might be sold one day but the driver won’t be a desire to get rid of him it will be that he hasn’t sufficient purpose in the squad. For now he has a purpose as there’s no one ready/good enough/fit enough to take his place.
Yep he's just a placeholder. Him not being very good is the reason Greenwood is getting minutes many times.

Cassidy

Or maybe because he was on loan?

Anyway, to reitarate, I'm not saying that he's good yet or that he necessarily has a future here. All I'm saying is give him half a season. We gave Lingard 4 seasons ffs and at the age Pereira was on loan to Valencia, Lingard was at Derby County. A little bit of patience won't harm anyone.
Probably one of the reasons we are so far off the pace, he shouldn't have been given 4 seasons. I think Pereira up to now has had 18 months since he has been back from his loans.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:
Absolutely hilarious that posters are now comparing Pereira with Kevin De Bruyne, just because both weren't world class at 23. I wasn't world class at 23 either....
:lol: Exactly

Let's get this straight - Periera has been terrible in his appearances for us this season. If he starts showing clear and obvious talent which isn't applied well, then people will back him. If he shows sod all talent and quality then he won't. Simples.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A hard-working player with nonexistent skill. Unfortunately, this sentence could describe 90% of our players these days.

Manchester "we don't know how to football, but we put on a shift" United.
Not really. AWB, DDG, Maguire, even Lindelof, Martial, Rashford, Shaw etc are all skillful in their craft to different extents. Periera is an anomaly in that he's offered nothing (other than Lingard?) but running in his appearances thus far.

Litch

Looks like he should be good but when it comes down to it, he's not. It's funny cause like Lingard, you can almost forget that these lads are around Pogs age yet I heard so many times they get referred to like they have just come from the youth set up. I always thought he deserved an opportunity to show if he was good enough, well for me he's had it. Squad player at best sitting alongside Lingard on the bench.

meamth

he should not be anywhere near the starting lineup. the guy isnt fast, not technically gifted, not powerfull, no passing ability....what does he offer to warant a start
Players will make his mark when he is confident.

McT was scrutinized for being "average" when he first came in. Now he is renowned for his explosive skills, box to box midfielder.

Give Perreira time to make his mark.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Sure. But completely writing someone off is not mere skepticism is it?

My point is that if we don’t see any improvement by end of the calendar year then by all means bin him. In the meantime we don’t really have anyone better and the lad getting a chance ain’t the end of the world.

EDIT: Also if I recall he wasn’t a starter at Valencia because they prioritised their own young starlets but wanted to sign him permanently at the end of his loan.
We can't afford to keep playing under performing players just because they "need" a chance. Perreira has been on loan twice, has accumulated a lot of top lovel football experience yet he still hasn't shown anything warranting even affording him patience. Games after games he's shown ineptitude and 0 improvement. can't even do the basic and simplest things right.

We don's want another Lingard situation where we put up with a player's mediocrity while subjecting ourselves to long mental gymnastics and stretches just to barely scrap any positives out of their games. We don't want another player with only heart, graft etc but with no skills to go along with it. We have already accommodated to many of those, showed then patience and they still didn't amount to much anyways.

If in the next game he shows the awful plays he's showed against all of Chelsea, Southampton and Leicester then no one can blame the management if he get frozen out for better options, even if slightly.

Utdstar01

Anybody saying he is talentless clearly haven't watched him from a young age. He is technically very good. It's whether or not he can impose himself and that in itself could be a mental barrier which seems to be the case so far.

West Ham 2:0 Man Utd

Gee Male

Andreas Tom Cleverly Perreira.

He is an attribute free player. Can't think of anything he is either good or bad at, which makes him pretty useless.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Anybody saying he is talentless clearly haven't watched him from a young age. He is technically very good. It's whether or not he can impose himself and that in itself could be a mental barrier which seems to be the case so far.
That's part of talent. You have to apply it on the pitch.

Remember, boards don't hit back.

Utdstar01

That's part of talent. You have to apply it on the pitch.

Remember, boards don't hit back.
I agree. He'd be better playing as a 10 in the Mata role. He played on the right today and played 2 key passes one of which he should've had an assist from. He didn't have a great game no. There were others out there who did far worse IMO.

lawliet354

I'll say it again, truly one of the worst player I've seen to play for this club, and to think he's somehow keep getting selected as the first XI is truly mind-boggling. Seems like every time he received the ball, he ended up losing it.

NinjaFletch

He isn't good enough for United, and that was obvious last season. He's only playing this season because we've assembled a squad full of players who aren't good enough for United.

kundalini

Super cross for Mata's huge chance. Worked hard as usual. Couple of shots from distance. Did ok overall.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I agree. He'd be better playing as a 10 in the Mata role. He played on the right today and played 2 key passes one of which he should've had an assist from. He didn't have a great game no. There were others out there who did far worse IMO.
You're misunderstanding. I think he's a nothing player. Cleverley was better.

Based Adnan

Created our only chance of the game. Wasn't good exactly but at least he has the excuse that he's playing out of position.

Mata, Rashford and Lingard were all far worse.

Ekeke

Andreas Tom Cleverly Perreira.

He is an attribute free player. Can't think of anything he is either good or bad at, which makes him pretty useless.
It makes you poor at thinking

Our best crosses so far this season including setting up a goal 1 good freekick well saved, good pressing and probably our 2nd best tackler this season after Wan Bisakka 1 of those tackles resulting in another goal. Another good cross today that Mata should have scored.

Now obviously he hasn't looked much above average. But he's looked better than most of our attacking players other than Martial and James.

So while he's probably not the answer long term on the right if he doesn't go up another level, he's clearly not the problem either. He's doing far better than Mata and Lingard and arguably no worse than Rashford.

MadMike

That was a typical Pereira performance again. A moments player, with good crossing and pressing. But not offering much in terms of movement and overall quality.

Not the worst player up front today. Rashford and Mata were woeful and Dan James (rightfully) gets away with a lot more for being younger and new in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.