Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Agree with those saying he looks a bit lost out wide, much prefer him central.

Really can't make my mind up on him. He is great off the ball but on the ball he seems so inconsistent, has a good right foot but can be very sloppy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was shocked by Andreas last night. Shocked that he continues to start when he's been no better than 6/10 every game. Shocked that even against Rochdale, in the first half, he struggled to trap a ball, make the right passes, beat a man. Shocked that he looked alright inside left for a bit. Shocked that we gave this lad a new contract and he continues to be in our first team squad.

Eddy_JukeZ

Agree with those saying he looks a bit lost out wide, much prefer him central.

Really can't make my mind up on him. He is great off the ball but on the ball he seems so inconsistent, has a good right foot but can be very sloppy.
He's arguably even worse centrally though.

His touch is loose and his awareness whenever he played centrally is just poor.

The reality is, he shouldn't be playing at all.

Welbeckham

Can't compare him to lingard. The last two games he has laid guilt edged chances on the plate for his team mates. Rojo during the counter last night and Mata against westham. Would rather have him in the team than Mata or Lingard, not that it says much though.
Rather have younger players from our academy than any of these three.

Mark Pawelek

He's arguably even worse centrally though.
Gomes and Mata are better.

His touch is loose and his awareness whenever he played centrally is just poor.

The reality is, he shouldn't be playing at all.
MEN gave 4 players a 3/10 rating for last night: Jones, Pereira, Fred, Lingard. Why he's still here: he's the youngest of the 4. You can't sack him until you've replaced him with better. At least he can deliver a dead ball.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's just a poor Lingard

Or Lingard is a poor Pereira

Ole just told us that Pereira and Mc Tominay could replace Herrera in the team.... Just see where Ole is in terms of accuracy

Bruno8

Was one of the better players against Rochdale even with that awful performance. Should be tried at No 10 because Lingard has been poor for some time now

PaulRich

I hope he donated his wages to the young Rochdale lad after letting him ghost in like that - the dopey fecker. You just cannot lapse like that at the highest level.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He actually improved in the second half though he still needs to massively improves his game if he want to justify still getting picked for games.

Zlatattack

Give him till the end of the season. If he doesn't show anything more than being Lingard 2.0, put them both on sale.

JoaquinJoaquin

He is nowhere near good enough, but does have a good moment in him occasionally. Would rather play him than Lingard, but then again it's like being asked whether i'd rather be stabbed or shot.

Von Mistelroum

I honestly don't think he'd get into the teams of any other top half team and I've no idea what anyone sees in him. Other than just about being able to take a corner what does he do?

greendevil

A player that really shouldn't be at Manchester United because he's not that good to be honest! When he went on loan he didn't really do much for the clubs he was at and if we were to sell him we wouldn't be receiving any bids from a top club that would be challenging for honours.

He tries at least but that's not his style of play and maybe he could be good with better players around him but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylar

His lack of awareness or tracking back on the Rochdale goal was so annoying. Given hes somebody that at least normally gets around and puts himself about.

Lentwood

I actually thought Pereira was one of our better players last night, although was at fault for the goal

I think he clearly has technical ability, the issue seems to be physicality and confidence

Vissy

Pereira has more ability than Lingard, I think that is clear to see. His problem is still confidence. He has shown promising signs, and despite not doing a whole lot in that Rochdale game I could see improvements in his game. He is absolutely not a winger though.

haram

Pereira has more ability than Lingard, I think that is clear to see. His problem is still confidence. He has shown promising signs, and despite not doing a whole lot in that Rochdale game I could see improvements in his game. He is absolutely not a winger though.
No he doesn’t.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hope he donated his wages to the young Rochdale lad after letting him ghost in like that - the dopey fecker. You just cannot lapse like that at the highest level.
League 1 level neither.

haram

He's a far superior passer, dribbler, vision and they have about the same workrate. Only thing you can say about Lingard is off the ball movement.
Come back when he achieves even half of what Lingard has. Andreas is one of the worst midfielders we have had in years.

Sea-Cow

He's a far superior passer, dribbler, vision and they have about the same workrate. Only thing you can say about Lingard is off the ball movement.
Its just our opinions, but I could not disagree more. To me, Lingard is preferable on the right and in the middle.

Vissy

Anyone who has watched both Lingard and Pereira should be able to tell the difference in their natural ability. Lingard is more confident on the ball and he is very energetic, moreso than Pereira, and he is better at carrying the ball over long distances. Pereira actually has the ability to pick out a pass, play a killer ball or put in a dangerous cross / shot but he lacks confidence and playing time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't understand what he excels at. There is no facet to his game which I look at and think "ah, so that's why he's starting".

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand what he excels at. There is no facet to his game which I look at and think "ah, so that's why he's starting".
He can cross, take a free kick and is OK at corners.

That's about it. I do think he's made to look worse when playing on the right though. He's the type who needs speed around him, not Mata and Matic.

redmanc

Same problem with Pereira as with a lot of other players in the squad, they'd look alright and be decent squad options if the team consisted of quality like it did in the SAF era, now its full of shit and squad players stand out like a sore thumb...

We've Won It All

I think the Lingard comparisons are accurate. Obviously they aren't identical, but they have similar levels of consistency in their technical ability (nowhere near good enough for this club).

I would say Lingard is fitter and Pereira can, on his day, produce more technically demanding outputs, but neither are good enough to start for United. I don't even think Pereira offers much value as a squad player that plays 10 games a season.

manunited1919

I don’t understand the people giving him a very low rating. I thought he had a good game. He put in a few beautiful crosses, but unfortunately we don’t have a striker there to attack the ball, and the best ball went to Rojo. It’s not his fault Rojo doesn’t take that chance.

People comparing him to Lingard forget that Lingard has been a starter under both Mourinho and Ole, while Pereira has NEVER started even 2 games in a row for United, until now. He deserves some patience from us fans. He hasn’t been doing as badly as Lingard, but unfortunately he is not British so he will get thrown under the bus even if he plays much better than Lingard.

He should be playing centrally.

haram

He hasn’t been doing as badly as Lingard, but unfortunately he is not British so he will get thrown under the bus even if he plays much better than Lingard.

He should be playing centrally.
Lingard gets destroyed every week. Andreas is dog shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.