5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongsy

One of the gutsiest performances from him ever. and not just because he ran around like a donkey throwing his body around, but most about how intelligently he kept the ball. within 15 minutes, he already won about four different 50-50s, that could have easily gone away any other day. He just kept improving as game went on, and suddenly started to look like an incredible attacking midfielder. Yes his technique, first touch, crossing etc have been good, but over all, his game sense, and how to affect the game when its not a set piece, was always a bit lacking. Like he'd show glimpses of decent flair, that could probably be so much different if he had Ronaldo level confidence on him, but it'd fade with a toothless finish. but today, he was all, substance. His decision, his output was all legit United quality.

It became such a good thing for Fred and Mctominay that Pereira was able to dribble past players so easily. Its a bummer its just norwich, but I want to see more of this confident andreas in the future.

Welbeckham

His best performance so far. First half he did lots of nice stuff, few nice turns and brilliant corners. Nice to see him improving.

LoneStar

He's so much better than Mata and Lingard. Better movement, pressing and ability than both, and is also our best set piece taker.

He should continue to be preferred over both of them.

The ideal scenario is we get rid of the above two, sign a starting #10/ midfielder and Periera is a useful sqaud player.

432JuanMata

Like Fred I think he can easily be upgraded but is far better than Mata and Lingard. He is a good squad player for the future if we get back to near the top

arthurka

Isn't a winger, big surprise.. Crafty and could grow to become a good player. We have given Lingard years to become something, we should give this guy more games and see how this pans out for him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's Norwich guys...all kinds of space up there. Don't get me wrong, the guy's doing ok but he seems to be yet another United forward who doesn't get many goals or assists. That's ok for a midfielder but not for a forward.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's Norwich guys...all kinds of space up there. Don't get me wrong, the guy's doing ok but he seems to be yet another United forward who doesn't get many goals or assists. That's ok for a midfielder but not for a forward.
This is not stated enough. Give him space he’ll show you his great technique on the ball. Don’t give him space and you’ll see one of the worst ball shielding possible from a top level footballer. In fact, in any heavy defensive game he is an absolute liability because of his lack of ball shielding and horrible defensive positioning

Based Adnan

This is not stated enough. Give him space he’ll show you his great technique on the ball. Don’t give him space and you’ll see one of the worst ball shielding possible from a top level footballer. In fact, in any heavy defensive game he is an absolute liability because of his lack of ball shielding and horrible defensive positioning
Except there was multiple times in the Norwich game where he didn't have space yet created it himself with good dribbling.

A liability in a heavy defensive game? One of the main reasons we dropped so deep vs Liverpool is because he went from the number 10 position to deeper in a 3 man midfield. How have you come away with the conclusion that Pereira is a liability in a defensive sense?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea what took so long to put him on set piece duty. He's actually quality at them (even though I don't rate him as a player). Also don't think he's that bad as a 10 tbh, not starting quality and no more than a fill in, but far more useful there than on the right. At least he takes risks on the ball which is a big plus over the others! But full strength I would probably have Pogba as the 10 and keep Fred in midfield (provided he can play at a decent level at the very least).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit surprised he's been taken out of the team, he's hardly been De Bruyne but he's started to string a few decent performances together, I'd be giving him plenty of game time to see if he can keep doing better.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bit surprised he's been taken out of the team, he's hardly been De Bruyne but he's started to string a few decent performances together, I'd be giving him plenty of game time to see if he can keep doing better.
Rest for weekend.

Crashoutcassius

Lingards best games are still miles ahead of andreas. Appreciate that he is very popular because he is brazilian and a few other things, but he has shown so far consistently in the centre or wide that he isn't good enough.

Credit to him for recent performance and he will keep getting chances through the season, but im just not sure what he does well enough for this level, seems to be just okay at everything and then terrible under pressure. arguably a top class delivery whic, if he can start using it, will be useful

flappyjay

Lingards best games are still miles ahead of andreas. Appreciate that he is very popular because he is brazilian and a few other things, but he has shown so far consistently in the centre or wide that he isn't good enough.

Credit to him for recent performance and he will keep getting chances through the season, but im just not sure what he does well enough for this level, seems to be just okay at everything and then terrible under pressure. arguably a top class delivery whic, if he can start using it, will be useful
I think everyone pretty much accepts he isn't up to standard but rather have him instead of the current version of Lingard or Mata

Based Adnan

Done more in his cameo than Lingard has during his last 5 apps. It is clear he is the best 10 we have right now. Think Ole knows that too thankfully.

drdoityourself

He's much more positive than Lingard. Albeit bit lacking in quality but he's better than Lingard and Mata.

Remarkable how often he has the ball facing goal in comparison to Lingard who is just facing the wrong goal, passing it backwards.

Raw

He's slowly getting better and better. Didn't think much of him before but I like what I'm seeing from him.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His competition is making it easy for him, sadly. He'll take the spot as our main squad attacking sub from Lingard after this season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Decent cameo. Pretty much made the 10 his own now. Confidence is up at the moment and we've seen a couple of good performances on the bounce from Andreas. Long may it continue.

izec

His competition is making it easy for him, sadly. He'll take the spot as our main squad attacking sub from Lingard after this season.
Gomes would actually have a real chance if he could stay fit and Ole would give him some chances.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Another decent showing, looks like he’s our number 10 for now.

Sterling Archer

He's slowly getting better and better. Didn't think much of him before but I like what I'm seeing from him.
He's become a lot tougher on the pitch and the result has been every aspect of his performances improving. And I'm talking very little. He used to get bundled over left and right ...finally seems to be adjusting to the physicality.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Gomes would actually have a real chance if he could stay fit and Ole would give him some chances.
Mos def. It's a long season, if Gomes develops right and takes his chances he'll be better than all our options. We have to be patient with Gomes though.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can't wait for Pogba to take his spot. Oh..

Alfie092

Is improving and is definitely better than Lingard. Saying that, long-term he is a squad player at best, unless there is dramatic improvements in his game and shows consistency.

Dve

Is improving and is definitely better than Lingard. Saying that, long-term he is a squad player at best, unless there is dramatic improvements in his game and shows consistency.
Yes. In the long run he probably has to be replaced. The best he can do is to make sure his position is not first priority for enforcements. I wonder how Ole prioritise between bringing in a DM or a nr. 10. I don´t think he can afford both new attackers and a whole new midfield before end of next summer.

But sometimes players actually DO improve, so let´s see come May. Solskjær can´t afford being too patient, and Pereira´s chance is now, this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looks after the ball well, we certainly play better when he's on the pitch at the moment, my only concern is his lack of productivity.

AKDevil

I don’t see it. No idea what he’s good at really and therefore why you’d put him in a team. When picking him, what are you expecting him to do?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
There are qualities that I do like from him that I hope our long term 10 will have but Pereira isn't at the level we need. There is for sure a place for him at this club but we need someone more productive in goals and assists for sure. Your #10 (if you are playing with one) should be making key chances every game, Pereira does not do that.

I do hope our future player has his attitude, his work rate, his intensity (he doesn't really go invisible despite his quality) and set piece threat is quite key.

AshRK

He is a hardworking player but I still don't think quality wise he is good. For a Brazilian he lacks quality big time. He would be perfect for a bottom 10 PL team with his hardwork and passion.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He is a hardworking player but I still don't think quality wise he is good. For a Brazilian he lacks quality big time. He would be perfect for a bottom 10 PL team with his hardwork and passion.
I'd keep him around for now as a squad player because he actually seems to give a shit and give everything for the shirt. He's certainly not someone i'd cast aside in the Summer, other players need removing first.

He'sRaldo

He has quality but lacks the physicality and decision-making to make it count in the EPL as of now. He's getting better at those with time, helped by his all-action style as well as regular minutes in the league.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Lots of people still at the 'not good enough for United ' stage. Our actual concern should be week to week. At the moment he's earning his place. He's in his best period or United. Let's just go with that.

Stadjer

I don’t see it. No idea what he’s good at really and therefore why you’d put him in a team. When picking him, what are you expecting him to do?
Being better than Lingard and Mata... that is the only thing i expect and so far he is showing exactly that. Doesnt mean he is a good enough but for now there isnt much better to choose from.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He could be our Park, given the time. He's still 23 y.o. (going 24 next January). Liverpool shows that a functional hardworking midfield could work also, as long as you have great attack.

Web of Bissaka

Work hard, show up, help attack and defend. He's certainly doing those better than Jesse Mata.

Oh and deliver those sweet corner deliveries and crossings. Our corner is dangerous when he's taking it.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Not the best player in the world but he’s got something and selling him would seem madness to me. If he’s used in the squad he’s useful and a similar squad player would cost a lot of money anyway. His corners would be hard to replace too. I think he could end up showing a bit more quality in the long run anyway. There are glimpses of it, aren’t there?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Didn't watch the Chelsea game but I don't see it either. He's mostly an attacker whose main quality is his pressing. That's fine if you are competent in the other areas but he's slow, sluggish and fairly useless when he has the ball.

He could be our Park, given the time. He's still 23 y.o. (going 24 next January). Liverpool shows that a functional hardworking midfield could work also, as long as you have great attack.
That's not a very good comparison given Liverpool's midfield excel in their link up play, decision making i.e most of the on the ball stuff. It's just that they aren't KDB and Silva (not outstanding on the ball) and hence get labelled as a hard working midfield. Periera from what I've seen is just hard work without the quality on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.