Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Having said the above given he's an important part of the squad this season and still only 23, hopefully we see him grow rapidly this season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's not a very good comparison given Liverpool's midfield excel in their link up play, decision making i.e most of the on the ball stuff. It's just that they aren't KDB and Silva (not outstanding on the ball) and hence get labelled as a hard working midfield. Periera from what I've seen is just hard work without the quality on the ball.
In other words, functional hardworking midfield? None of their midfielder is considered one of the best in the world.

AKDevil

Being better than Lingard and Mata... that is the only thing i expect and so far he is showing exactly that. Doesnt mean he is a good enough but for now there isnt much better to choose from.
Ok, in that case, if that is how low the bar is, then fair enough for now. Much better needed Asap though.

amolbhatia50k

In other words, functional hardworking midfield? None of their midfielder is considered one of the best in the world.
Is that how you'd describe periera - "not one of the best in the world?". I'd love for him to alongwith work rate show the quality and intelligence on the ball that the Liverpool CMs do. But he doesn't. And hence it isn't a strong comparison.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Is that how you'd describe periera - "not one of the best in the world?". I'd love for him to alongwith work rate show the quality and intelligence on the ball that the Liverpool CMs do. But he doesn't. And hence it isn't a strong comparison.
To be fair to him, it's a lot easier to show intelligence on the ball when you are surrounded by teammates who are always moving and making themselves available to pass to. That's been our biggest problem for years.

amolbhatia50k

To be fair to him, it's a lot easier to show intelligence on the ball when you are surrounded by teammates who are always moving and making themselves available to pass to. That's been our biggest problem for years.
I don't think that's being fair on him. It's being very easy on him. The likes of McTominay, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Rashford etc have at times performed at a very high level in this disjointed team. Yes it helps to be in a cohesive team but it doesn't completely dismantle your ability to show your qualities to not be a part of one.

RedDevilRoshi

Really don’t know what you guys see in this player. Offers the square root of f*** all. Awful player!

King Andow

He's a Lingard with a slightly higher workrate.
@GifLord
1:50
2:45
6:49
11:30
12:22
19:00
31:04
37:34
47:15
53:19 (replay)
57:12

AshRK

He must be making Brazilians embarrassed. How can brazil produce such a shit footballer.

Roboc7

Just not good enough, why we have three number tens and none of them are good enough yet still play a system reliant on one is baffling.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A no 10, his role is very focal to the team to create chances. He doesn’t have the quality for such a role. Today’s problem wasn’t because we are cowards but because we lacks quality in final third and playing this guy as a no 10 was the no 1 problem why we didn’t win today.

nycender

The fact this guy is able to get a game at United is a testament to the assclowns we have in charge at this club from the board down to Ole

Ekeke

Poor match from him but I dont think he was quite as bad as people are making out. I could appreciate that he was at least trying to be creative and making something happen when he got the ball. Today those attempted passes into the front players and throughballs didnt come off because they werent accurate enough. But I'd prefer a player like him trying them, than someone like Mata or Lingard who doesnt even try them in the first place and just take the easy sideways pass when you finally see them involved with the ball.

El Jefe

Each week it's a case of whoever is the least shit between Pereira, Lingard and Mata is the player that gets the start at the No.10 spot. Just think how terrible the other two must be for Pereira to be starting in the 10 position for us.

I've said for a few years on here that he's dreadful. A midfield version of Ashley Young, he has great energy and commitment and will have a decisive cross or delivery once in a while but other than that is a liability to the team. He can't pass, poor awareness and constantly giving cheap fouls away.

Part of why I want Ole out is his decision to award both Pereira and Mata new contracts. What the feck was he watching?

Superunknown

Unfortunately, he didn't have a good game today. Everything he tried just didn't come off. A good, senior player or a coach needs to talk to him after this game and walk him through exactly where it went wrong.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The one thing he can usually do well (set pieces) were woeful today. Just should not be a starter for us in such a key position. We improved massively the second he came off, but in general it's no wonder that our attack struggles so much when we rotate between Pereira, Lingard and Mata in the #10 positions. Put Pogba there when fit or go for a 4-4-2. Just can't be having shit playing as the key link position.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
This is his second season after he came back from two full season's in La Liga. I'm sorry but that's more than enough time to conclude what we're seeing now, is what we get. Whenever I see him play, he reminds me of a youth player being given his first chance with the team.

E-mal

He is not premier league quality, he is so poor I can't believe my eyes.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Surely Angel Gomes would be worth the games he’s getting - could literally do no worse

Chief123

I can’t believe some Utd fans rate this guy. He is absolutely bang average. Does not belong anywhere near a Utd team. When someone like lingard comes on for you and looks miles better, that’s quite damning. Honestly, this guy will never be top quality. Poor today but has been poor many times before. No creativity and some clueless shooting on a regular basis. If he is our future, then my gosh we’re in for some trouble.

R'hllor

Gomes not getting a sniff vs AP, Lingard and Mata but think out of those 3 if you wanna play with number 10, AP is less shit than other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.