5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeanoMagicHat

If you're going to insist on playing 4-2-3-1, then the number 10 has to be really good in the modern game because that position doesn't get that much space anymore. Part of the reason why 4-2-3-1 has faded in comparison to 4-3-3.

Pereira isn't good enough for that, in fact United don't have a single player in the squad who is. The only way Pereira is going to work is possibly in a team with Pogba where Pogba can take over Pereira's creative responsibility and just get Pereira to play it simple and press high. But realistically Pereira may only ever be good enough as a squad player, and more likely a lower mid-table player. It's a pity because he has good technique and good energy and I think his decision-making will improve in time, they nearly always do in those positions and he's still relatively young. But at the moment, he's simply not good enough.

And to think, Dybala was so close and Coutinho was available this summer. [insert facepalm here]

I want Pogba back asap and to see this team with him at number 10, not at 6 or 8 but at 10, flanked by Rashford and James with Martial up top.

Ekeke

His average position actually ended up further forward than Martial against Bournemouth. Martial was coming so deep to get the ball that he was in the 10 position more often and Pereira in the false 9

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Just not up to it. Different game if he buries James' cut back instead of falling over it. :rolleyes:

Imperator

Honestly I'd rather ask Scholes and Giggs to get their boots out again than persist with Pereira and Fred.

In Rainbows

To all those wanting to upgrade on him, go and support Barcelona or juventus. If you guys were decision makers; De Gea, Evra, Vidic, etc. would have been sold off before they had a chance to become United greats. We need to get behind Pereira, he only needs another year. It's Woodward and the management's fault the club is in the state it is. No other player in the world can do better in this environment. We have tried changing players before it hasn't worked, now we need to give players who know the club a chance.
de Gea was great from the 2nd half of his 1st season on. He came as a wonderkid, and after a shaky first half, he in fact proved he was a wonderkid. Do you actually think de Gea struggled for more than half a season? I mean, he was amazing in our title winning team with a minor flaw.

Mcking

I always thought he could be good, but I have to admit, he's awful. A footballer that can't keep the ball under any sort of pressure shouldn't be a footballer, or at least shouldn't be playing football. The EPL isn't for him. Get rid.

Mcking

Once a defender breathes near him, the ball goes loose. No wonder Mourinho wasn't playing him because it is something that is easy to spot in training. Probably why he played him deep too.

Dr. StrangeHate

Not trying to be a dick but that's a load of shite. How come he "only needs another year"? He's just about to turn 24, has been at the club for 8 years and never forced his way into the team until the team is in arguably the worst state it has been in decades, has been on two (unsuccessful) loans, has never shown any promise in the Premier League (only shown glimpses in cups or pre-season). I fully agree with your sentiment that it's Woodward and the upper managements fault the club is in this situation, but to claim that "no other player in the world can do better in this environment" is absolute rubbish, might as well just pack it in then and sign no one because it wont have any effect anyway?

EDIT: Changed some dates I got wrong.
de Gea was great from the 2nd half of his 1st season on. He came as a wonderkid, and after a shaky first half, he in fact proved he was a wonderkid. Do you actually think de Gea struggled for more than half a season? I mean, he was amazing in our title winning team with a minor flaw.
That was my attempt to defend Pereira like people do Ole. It wasn't meant to be serious.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To all those wanting to upgrade on him, go and support Barcelona or juventus. If you guys were decision makers; De Gea, Evra, Vidic, etc. would have been sold off before they had a chance to become United greats. We need to get behind Pereira, he only needs another year. It's Woodward and the management's fault the club is in the state it is. No other player in the world can do better in this environment. We have tried changing players before it hasn't worked, now we need to give players who know the club a chance.
Solid parody.

midnightmare

I've really wanted Pereira to come good, but it's so clearly not going to happen. Classic case of a player that our fans rated because of the odd YouTube HL videos from his days on loan in La Liga. He literally contributes nothing much beyond a good press - though there were rumours of him being good with delivery from crosses and dead balls. Problem is that if the press succeeds, he gets the ball in an area of the pitch where he needs to quickly do something incisive - and that is something he's incapable of. The dead-ball delivery skill seems to have been a myth too. From being average (i.e. mildly better than Young), he regressed to the level of the rest of his playing (i.e. even worse than Young) for literally every corner he took against Bournemouth.

At this point, I just can't understand why Ole is playing him at all instead of throwing on Mason as a second striker. We genuinely can't do worse than AP unless it's seeing Lingard / Mata there (for all AP's shortcomings, he's still better than those 2).

DRM

Literally the very definition of a nothing player. And to think we passed up the chance to sign Bruno Fernandes. This is 100% down to Ole! He sees perreria in training, he had the best part of half a season to see him in competative games, he should've seen that perreria is not up to the job. What an utter gross mismanagement

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Literally the very definition of a nothing player. And to think we passed up the chance to sign Bruno Fernandes. This is 100% down to Ole! He sees perreria in training, he had the best part of half a season to see him in competative games, he should've seen that perreria is not up to the job. What an utter gross mismanagement
Unfortunately I think this is where Ole's kindness hurts him a bit.

He's friends with these guys, Pereira, Lingard etc. He obviously felt that they could be good enough and that we didn't need new players.

Unfortunately they just aren't able to give the extra quality that's required. They're squad players, but we need people better than Pereira at number 10 if we hope to achieve anything.

Barnslig

Not even Pep Guardiola with his unlimited funds at City bought a full first team in his first transfer window. Clearly we can not sign a full team in one go, this is going to take time. What if Ole was thinking he wanted Pogba to play there with Pereira as backup, but Pogba has been out for ages with an injury, is that Ole's fault too?

EDIT: Not saying Ole is faultless, he might not be the right guy for the job, just getting tired of these "Omg we're not winning everything instantly, this is 100% Ole's fault" or "Feck we didnt sign 18 players in the summer window, this is 100% Ed's fault". Nothing going on at United is down to one single individual, it's a collective collapse and a lot (A LOT) of poor judgement from a lot of senior management at the club.

PepsiCola

Hes spent most of the season played out of position to be fair to him.

He's had a good run when played central, though he was awful against Bournemouth.

It happens. Let's hope he plays well again this thursday.

drdoityourself

He has a wonderful knack for passing a through ball at the exact moment an attacker has stopped his run. Simply too many flaws in his game to expect him to perform to the required standard.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He has a wonderful knack for passing a through ball at the exact moment an attacker has stopped his run. Simply too many flaws in his game to expect him to perform to the required standard.
Yeh, not sure what it is? He seems to be on a different wave length to some of the other players. He does some great work, can't fault his effort or commitment, but it's that final piece of the jigsaw that's missing. Would love to see him suddenly blossom, but if we sign midfielders, and the likes of Garner, Gomes and Levitt improve, then I'm not sure how he will get games.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How are you gonna come on at 3 - 0 up and still drop a performance like that. He's crap on the ball. Good presser but that is literally it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
I believe He's spent enough time playing for us + the teams He was loaned at to know his ceilings. He won't even be as good as KdB in Chelsea. And that's the minimum We should be looking for if We want to play with an attacking midfielder.

He has no particular skill We can rely on. Pressing is basic, if you play a pressing system every player should press. "Working hard" is not a plus these days.

Grande

Shouldn't be a starter. Looked much better with Mata at 10 tonight.
Yeh, not sure what it is? He seems to be on a different wave length to some of the other players. He does some great work, can't fault his effort or commitment, but it's that final piece of the jigsaw that's missing. Would love to see him suddenly blossom, but if we sign midfielders, and the likes of Garner, Gomes and Levitt improve, then I'm not sure how he will get games.
It’s typical though that we play better against some teams with Mata as a 10, better against other teams with Pereira there, and other teams again with Lingard. They have very different strengths and weaknesses, and none are particularly better than the others on the whole. I think Pereira has most room for improvement though, as he’s not played much as a 10, and timing passes will often improve with experience and developing relations. Certainly an area we need to strengthen, though.

Craig Ward

He's better than: Mata / Lingard / Garner / Matic & Fred.

He isn't the answer, but he is a useful squad member.

People are more annoyed about 1 missed Periera pass than they are then 5 seasons of Ashley Young being out of his depth or any of the 20 or so times McTominey just passed the ball to no one.

It seems to be a popular opinion to hate Pereira, but consider this,

He is used in a different position every game he plays, and often throughout a game he is moved around. Its hard enough to capture form when your in and out of the team when you play ONE position, let alone when you play wide one game, miss 1, then play deep, then play forward.

He isn't the best player we'll ever see - but the criticism is way over board.

I agree with many, when we sign additional players he really will struggle for game time and I would imagine its a matter of time before he is sold. But calm it down, I can easily reel off about 10 other issues more important than Periera's form for us right now

Alfie092

We never have any luck with Brazilian players do we?? :(

He is a useful squad player at best and that's all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Hilarious goal... everything he did was rubbish and it went in :lol:

Gave him confidence and he was decent after that though.

Stadjer

Those stepovers were hilarous, the shot was weak (and the wrong decision) and straight at the keeper but it deflected into the goal.

He also will always shoot... he hardly ever creates something with a good pass.

Just not a very good player but still better than Lingard and Mata. Hopefully Pogba is back soon and Pereira will be on the bench.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
When he plays without fear, there's a very unpleasant player for opponents there.

It's nice that without Pogba we still have midfielder who can score and try long shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.