Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Absolutely horrible today. And the 2nd goal is on him. A good midfielder knows who's around him and doesn't stretch for a ball to put it right into his opponents path. He should let that ball run instead of sticking a foot out and then he's clear. Playing out of position today, but so was Lingard when he came on and he played fine, even when we went to a 4-4-2

TheReligion

Abusive
Another weekend, another chance for me to come here and state he's not very good and for me the main reason why we aren't coasting at the moment.

Hurry back Paul.

Zoo

That was so bad. With hindsight we’d be better off putting Axel or even Jones in midfield.

Red00012

14 balls given away in 45 mins must be some sort of record for a PL midfielder.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's as bad a performance as he's ever turned in.

Walters_19_MuFc

Great attidtude. Tries and tries, works hard, but nowhere near good enough, unfortunately.

He loses the ball quite a lot in general, but because he plays as a 10 its not that bad because its higher up the pitch. Losing the ball deep like he did today was just suicidal.

RUCK4444

Woeful today, truly. Worse than Jones.
Gave the ball away in dangerous areas so often.

An absolute liability with next to no upside.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Every year.. for the past 5 years I have come on here and said the exact same thing about Andreas. Competent footballers at the top level have a certain minimum mental RPM. They are able to think quicker than the average person. They could have poor technique, poor stamina or a poor attitude but really what sets them apart is their ability to think quickly. Raw football IQ.

Andreas is severely deficient. So much so that he shouldn’t be playing football at any top level. I’ve said it every year for the past 5 now. I would argue that having an IQ that low should be a liability for a club and must be red flagged.

Now imagine knowing all this... and then deciding to stick him in a deserted 2 man midfield where losing the ball means a high percentage shot on goal...... Joke. Absolute joke.

Get rid please.

Lentwood

I’m generally trying to be patient and positive this season but Andreas is on the list with Mata now of players who absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, be allowed on the pitch.

Alabaster Codify7

I've said it before. Jose Mourinho saw the writing on the wall with Pereira - sent him away on unsuccessful loan(s) and was planning to ship him out permanently. Ole comes in and suddenly decides this player is more than worthy of being a regular starter for United. Joke player, he wouldn't start for any other PL team.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Every year.. for the past 5 years I have come on here and said the exact same thing about Andreas. Competent footballers at the top level have a certain minimum mental RPM. They are able to think quicker than the average person. They could have poor technique, poor stamina or a poor attitude but really what sets them apart is their ability to think quickly. Raw football IQ.

Andreas is severely deficient. So much so that he shouldn’t be playing football at any top level. I’ve said it every year for the past 5 now. I would argue that having an IQ that low should be a liability for a club and must be red flagged.

Now imagine knowing all this... and then deciding to stick him in a deserted 2 man midfield where losing the ball means a high percentage shot on goal...... Joke. Absolute joke.

Get rid please.
Pretty much this.

I can see how he would probably look very good in training - he generally has very good technique striking the ball for example, when under no pressure or from a set piece. The minute he has to do anything with any regard for what's going on around him though, it has a 50/50 chance of coming off the rails.

It seems as though most of the time he's picking a pass, or gauging what's around him that it's based on a fecking guess rather than an actual reading of the situation. He could be the second coming of Ronaldinho with the ball at his feet, but it will never matter while he plays like he's wearing blinkers.

Mickson

I'm so provoked by the fact that he gets chance after chance. There is no way that Levitt and Garner should be behind him in the pecking order in a midfield two, and no way that Gomes and Greenwood should be behind him for the number 10 spot. No way. I've been saying this for years. He's so, so bad. I'm sorry.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pretty much this.

I can see how he would probably look very good in training - he generally has very good technique striking the ball for example, when under no pressure or from a set piece. The minute he has to do anything with any regard for what's going on around him though, it has a 50/50 chance of coming off the rails.

It seems as though most of the time he's picking a pass, or gauging what's around him that it's based on a fecking guess rather than an actual reading of the situation. He could be the second coming of Ronaldinho with the ball at his feet, but it will never matter while he plays like he's wearing blinkers.
Bang on. Every year (mostly preseason) I give him the benefit of the doubt that he’d adapt his mental quickness. He hasn’t. It’s at its absolute ceiling. It can’t be coached. There’s a reason why every coach except for Ole has kept him away from a serious responsibility in the team...

Red_Aaron

The only thing that frustrates me more than his constant backwards passing is his tendency to take 4-5 touches prior to playing a forward pass which is then inevitably read and easily cut out by the opposition

AshRK

He is the most pointless player we have in our squad. Offers absolutely nothing. Ole has to be ruthless and call spade a spade and just sell him next summer.

Razwy

A nothing player, basically, along with Lingardinho. Eibar is his level or even a team from Spain's 2nd division.Darren Gibson was better

misterparsley

Andreas has proved over the season he cannot play the anchoring midfield role, so some blame for today's display has to fall on Ole's shoulders for putting him there. But what kills me is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and always wants to turn, or take a touch, or try a flick when the situation requires a first time pass. This cost us the second goal and has cost us possession and goals in other matches too.

If he is to play then in behind the front line is the only place for him. Not that he's much good there, just that his mistakes are less costly and his passing and crosses are good when he has a bit of space to work in.

Maybe a useful squad player when the rebuild is complete ;)

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He has the upper body strength of an iron deficient toddler. Even his passing, who is supposedly his best attribute is fecking awful

I feel bad for him since he seems like an honest, hard working lad, but hes just so far from being good enough i doubt even Championship clubs would be interested

Horrific footballer sadly. His loan spells should have told us this already but we bizarrely decided that whilst not being good enough to be a regular starter for Valencia, he was good enough for us. Mental.

Devil may care

Awful today, not a CM though......probably not good enough in general in truth, but for now he's going to be a regular I think.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like Ole only plays him now because he's matey with him and he had him in the academy before, so feels like he's still one of his. Same with Lingard.

gza the genius

Awful today, not a CM though......probably not good enough in general in truth, but for now he's going to be a regular I think.
This. He's probably not good enough and never will be good enough to start for us anywhere but he does have his uses further up the pitch. He's just not a center mid. He was bad today but it should've been expected.

JMack1234

He's hopeless.

Seems like a nice bloke and he always puts in 100% but he simply is nowhere near good enough for a team who wants to finish in the top 4 of the Premier League.

He's made 16 appearances and people wonder why we're as bad as we are...

acnumber9

He’s been subbed off in every games he’s started all season. And continues to play the following week. He’s awful. He is more evidence you shouldn’t listen to many of the people on this forum. There was such an outcry at him not playing under Mourinho.

SSSSnake

I blame Ole for starting him constantly in all honesty. His level is Watford or Norwich but starts for United :mad::mad:

AKDevil

Genuinely can't think of a worse player to start games for us, you can't even compare him to the likes of Djemba Djemba as he never got the minutes Pereira is getting

The thing is he's always been this bad and yet for years people were moaning about him not getting games and keep getting sent on loan
That’s the only good thing about him getting a consistent run ... everyone can see how bad he is and there will be no clamour when he’s not in the team. Once we get some bodies in he’ll be finished at United.

Shimo

I wouldn't say he is Championship level because it's even more physical and intense but, he isn't suited to the Premier League, even in a mid table club. The quality isn't there to have him as a luxury and he isn't robust enough to handle pressure. Might be a decent player in one of the other leagues.

He needs to be gone next summer and once Pogba is back, be used only in dire circumstances.

Horrible today. Hes in the team because we have no other options right now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This. He's probably not good enough and never will be good enough to start for us anywhere but he does have his uses further up the pitch. He's just not a center mid. He was bad today but it should've been expected.
Does he? As an attacking midfielder i'd take probably 3/4 of the league's players over him.

He's not fit to lace Sigurdsson's boots for example.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Starting him isn't a great idea.

Starting him in a 2 man midfield is mental.

If he's anything he's a 10, and that even comes with a question mark.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ole needs to stop playing him.

Jose was right(for once) with never playing Perieira.

A horrendous footballer for a club of this magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.