5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopBinz

Would have kept Martial on, not sure Pereira adds anything and loses possession often.

izec

would have been a red in Europe, i think he was pissed off with City because of the treatment of his mate Fred on that corner.

AFC NimbleThumb

The drop off in attacking quality when he replaced Marrial was staggering.

He’d just come into the game but the move before he hacked the citeh player sums him up.

We really need to upgrade the positions he covers.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That counter....bloody hell. His positioning while he was waiting for the James's pass was sunday league level. I was shocked. What was his thinking there? Rashford opened him space, he could cut inside and wait the ball but instead he even started to move wider?? Awful awful awful.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's a one weird player. Was he trying to provoke Sterling with that cynical kick ?

Should go back to scoring good looking goals, right now it's really hard to find him proper role and position these days.

izec

That was never a red, wherever this game was played.
The German commentators interpreted it differently, and i agree with them. You see them given in Germany or Europe if you are unlucky with the ref, considering the game and emotions, some lose their heads and give a red there. It isnt like we didnt get some undeserved red cards in Europe in the past.

Kostov

The German commentators interpreted it differently, and i agree with them. You see them given in Germany or Europe if you are unlucky with the ref, considering the game and emotions, some lose their heads and give a red there. It isnt like we didnt get some undeserved red cards in Europe in the past.
You have a point about refs and loosing their senses. Otherwise it’s a yellow all they long.

Andreas brought very little today, he does not look like having a future here.

Based Adnan

Had a few decent defensive moments and created a good chance for Jesse. As a team we don't professional foul enough imo so no problem with him scything Sterling down.

We weren't exactly creating anything with Martial at that point so not sure why the lack of chances created post sub is down to Pereira.

izec

You have a point about refs and loosing their senses. Otherwise it’s a yellow all they long.

Andreas brought very little today, he does not look like having a future here.
yeah, he gets brought on for his energy, but he lacks quality. It isnt clicking, maybe he will improve, but at the moment, he needs to kick on and improve.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Him stopping a City counter with a proper cynical foul and the City players having a full on paddy was delicious.

Stadjer

Him stopping a City counter with a proper cynical foul and the City players having a full on paddy was delicious.
It was a bit too much how he kicked Sterling down. No need to do it that hard. In the Eredivisie or even some European games a bad ref might give him a red card for that.

wunder

not a real german
It was a bit too much how he kicked Sterling down. No need to do it that hard. In the Eredivisie or even some European games a bad ref might give him a red card for that.
Rooney got a red for that. I can't remember who it was against though.

Djemba-Djemba

Him fouling Sterling to stop their counter attack was the right idea but he was way too obviously aggressive with it and I did worry for a split second he might be sent off.

To be a true Fernandinho style shithouse you have to foul them to stop counter attacks on the halfway line but make it look like an accidental coming together so you don't get booked and you can do it 5 or 6 more times.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

He’s so bad he makes Lingard look good.

Right attitude and nothing else, doesn’t recover the ball, doesn’t retain the ball, no through pases, loses possession often, he’s just a waste of time. It’s incredible he keeps getting minutes after performances like these.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Loved his tackle on Sterling. Funny part is Sterling and Fernandinho were complaining (who themselves are the masters of tactical fouls)

Sadly, that was the only moment worth pointing out.

criticalanalysis

I like that he's been given minutes because there's some ability and talent there even if he's doing everything to prove he shouldn't be given the opportunity this season! However, I think he's struggling to find his place/purpose in the team again after the early season confidence. I've criticised OGS but if there's one thing he has consistently done well, that's put faith into youngsters/inexperience players and more times than not, it has 'worked'.

Hopefully when Pogba comes back, I'd like to see Peirera take some minutes on the flank to give James/Rashford/Martial a break at the end of games. He'll be away from the centre of the pitch, where he lacks the experience and maturity but can be industrious and creative on the wings being fed by the McFred and Pogba trio.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He even posted his scuffle with Sterling on instagram

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sorry to say this but I‘m going to say it and I’ll dare to say it that he’s the worst player from United Academy that ever played more than 20+ league games. 100% worse than Cleverley and may be debatable could still be worse than Kieran Richardson.

He got long way to go if he wants to even be considered as decent squad player. He’s easily outmuscled, inconsistent with his passing, struggling under pressure, not enough pace, off the ball is headless chicken & can’t win the ball but making easy fouls. There are just too many to improve. I appreciate his desire though.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Had to laugh when he fecked up a counter then immediately hacked down Sterling:drool: Can't help but love him a bit but he is so very far from the required level at the moment it is scary. He is really good on his day but his inconsistency is terrible and he has no fixed position to help him. Could probably be kept around as a back up if he is content with less playing time next season, but if he is sold I wont complain. So far he hasn't earned his keep.

Fracture90

If nothing at least im glad he took down Sterling the cnut, in the manner he did.

Not a game for him though, but then again I understand that he was brought on due to the lack of options.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
That counter....bloody hell. His positioning while he was waiting for the James's pass was sunday league level. I was shocked. What was his thinking there? Rashford opened him space, he could cut inside and wait the ball but instead he even started to move wider?? Awful awful awful.
Yeah i was screaming at my TV then. Dreadful positioning

Annihilate Now!

Scout
To be fair, Walker kicked Rashford(?) pretty aggressively when we were on the counter and didn't even get booked.

Just because you're sliding and kick someone from the front doesn't make it any less of a kick... But yeah, he was never getting sent off for that in England.

Bestietom

I Think Pereira only gets game time because we don't have anyone else. ( it's the only excuse i can see)
I don't see him near the panel if/ when we bring a few more midfielders in.

Stadjer

To be fair, Walker kicked Rashford(?) pretty aggressively when we were on the counter and didn't even get booked.

Just because you're sliding and kick someone from the front doesn't make it any less of a kick... But yeah, he was never getting sent off for that in England.
The difference is that you dont have to use that much force... It makes it look worse than it really is. A little trip has the same results (Sterling taken out) but wont look as agressive and might just look clumsy instead. Pereira can pretend to be all tough and act like an hard man by kicking over more talented players (and placing it on his social media because he didnt do anything else of note) but it is just a stupid thing to do.

Fernandinho is always mentioned on this forum as someone who is dirty and gets away with everything. Same is said about the whole City team with their tactical fouls but they dont kick players like Pereira did on Sterling. He could just make Sterling trip instead of forcefully kicking Sterling from behind.

Pereira already doesnt offer much but what if an overeager referee decide to give him a red card? Like other people mentioned, it isnt totally out of the question that a referee gives a red card for that.

Bestietom

The difference is that you dont have to use that much force... It makes it look worse than it really is. A little trip has the same results (Sterling taken out) but wont look as agressive and might just look clumsy instead. Pereira can pretend to be all tough and act like an hard man by kicking over more talented players (and placing it on his social media because he didnt do anything else of note) but it is just a stupid thing to do.

Fernandinho is always mentioned on this forum as someone who is dirty and gets away with everything. Same is said about the whole City team with their tactical fouls but they dont kick players like Pereira did on Sterling. He could just make Sterling trip instead of forcefully kicking Sterling from behind.

Pereira already doesnt offer much but what if an overeager referee decide to give him a red card? Like other people mentioned, it isnt totally out of the question that a referee gives a red card for that.
Yes, he could easily have got a Red Card and lost us points. It was his fault for losing the ball in the first place. He's just not a Manchester United player and can't see him being here next season if we mange to get a few players in.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Yes, he could easily have got a Red Card and lost us points. It was his fault for losing the ball in the first place. He's just not a Manchester United player and can't see him being here next season if we mange to get a few players in.
No he couldn't

In no world do you get a red card in the Premier League for that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Tbh, i would give him a red card for that. Any deliberate kick from behind when you are not near the ball should be red card

Status
Not open for further replies.