5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

He reminds me of Sturridge at Chelsea. Trying far too hard to impress when given the chance at the detriment to his overall play. I think that's what contributes to his poor decision making. Hopefully he can fix that here as there's definitely something there.

khoazany

I believe in Pereira, all he needs is another step up of confidence.

One more push Andreas, you can make it.
Yeah. I think we need to manage him better. He was playing all the times despite poor performances doesn't help him or the club. Too much of a confidence relied player

Bondi77

This is a Depay syndrome. He is clearly capable of doing amazing things with a ball, which is something that every United fan that followed our academy would tell you, but he just doesn't have the speed of thought to do it at the top level. Hence why Pereira is quite good at set pieces and can produce an incredible cross or a shot when he is not under direct pressure. And when he has a little more time and a little less pressure, he can showcase his whole arsenal.
I think you have summed that up well and to a certain extent that is also a great description of Pogba playing in the Premier League.

RedIan

Well he showed some very skilful tricks last night, i was quite surprised but i still feel he is the weakest link in the first team squad, once we bolster the squad he will be very much a fringe player (Again)

Devil may care

He certainly is confident in his own ability and he was good in the second half last night, probably his best 45 minutes he's had for us, but he was irritating later on when he was taking pot shots instead of still playing for the team.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Decent but too predictable in that he’s always going to shoot if he’s got any chance of getting a shot off.
He has a terrific shot on him, I assume that Ole would have instructed him to shoot when he had a sight of goal. This is something that will improve the more he plays, not yet up to Premiership pace I think, but definitely looking better in the slower less intense Europa League. He has to start showing that ability in Prem matches, probably not enough confidence yet, but hopefully in time........

reddevil80

The boy needs far too many touches, he holds onto the ball too long and when he does get a pass off, 9 times put of 10 it misses the target. He has a good right foot when it comes off but sadly, it's not often enough so he should be moved on when there are enough replacements in-situ.

Bondi77

Are you comparing Pogba with Pereira and Depay here?
No I am not.
I said that the description given to Pereira could also be applied to Pogba.
I think we may have forgotten how opposing teams would have success on applying pressure to Pogba and then he would lose possession or hit a bad pass but yet when teams tired he would come good when he had more time on the ball.
No agenda against Pogba,
Just an observation.

Number32

If Pogba gone, He should be a starter at no.10. He had some bad games but still mange to provide goal and assists in premiere league.

OL29

Was much better tonight, his decision making was really improved. Would love if he could show similar form in the league.

VJ1762

Was much better tonight, his decision making was really improved. Would love if he could show similar form in the league.
Although couldn't understand him constantly passing to young. young was dreadful. Can't believe a former winger cannot put a decent ball in.

OL29

Although couldn't understand him constantly passing to young. young was dreadful. Can't believe a former winger cannot put a decent ball in.
Yeah, that’s nothing new from Young, at least we were able to rest AWB, so he served his purpose.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Perriera was ok in the second half (mind you, he was never pressured), but in the first half he kept trying to force balls up the middle. It was no surprise to me that all 3 of our goals came from balls played out wide. Peirera has to keep it simple. Sometimes it seems as if he's just trying too hard to impress and make the killer pass rather than just picking out the open man...

VJ1762

Perriera was ok in the second half (mind you, he was never pressured), but in the first half he kept trying to force balls up the middle. It was no surprise to me that all 3 of our goals came from balls played out wide. Peirera has to keep it simple. Sometimes it seems as if he's just trying too hard to impress and make the killer pass rather than just picking out the open man...
he did put Rashford through one on one on 2 occasions in the first half though. he was ok tonight.

King Andow

Don't know what game people saw. He had 2 good passes against a 4th-tier team, ok. I would love to know how many times he gave the ball away and got dispossessed. 2/10.

acnumber9

It comes from thinking he’s a lot better than he is. It’s the same when he shoots from thirty yards so often. If he was half as good as he thinks he is he’d be a player.

Devil may care

Couple of nice dinked passes to put Rashford in, in the 1st half, and he did try to take the game on.

VJ1762

What? He has 1 goal and 2 assists in 21 apps this season and he is 24, not 14. I have nothing against the lad but PL is not his level
Think he would do well in Netherlands or Spain. He is just not cut for the premier league.
Saying that, Lingard is shit as well. Doesn't have the nous or guile to break teams down. What do we do? Do we just go with Rashford, martial, greenwood and james?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He continues to make the exact same mistakes over and over again. It's just unforgivable at this level. Either iron out your weaknesses or don't play top-level football.

You only get the luxury of playing against a 4th tier team once or twice a season.

Paranoid Android

Some very harsh criticisms of him here after last night's performance, which is strange to me. He was great last night. Yes I know it's only Colchester, but it was a positive sign for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some very harsh criticisms of him here after last night's performance, which is strange to me. He was great last night. Yes I know it's only Colchester, but it was a positive sign for him.
Yeah, wouldn't say great but he was good. He was the one who tried to create when others were picking up safe options. I think he made 3 or 4 excellent passes to put one v one with GK, all of them were missed.

Passing the ball all the time to young to and fro was weird though. It looks as if they had no idea what to do, so they just kept on playing those silly passes which was of no use.

Number32

What? He has 1 goal and 2 assists in 21 apps this season and he is 24, not 14. I have nothing against the lad but PL is not his level
Compare to Lingard and Mata, 0 goal, 0 assist.
Unless you want Martial, Greenwood, or Rashford to be a playmaker.

kundalini

I liked quite a lot of his performance, though he got far more time on the ball than he would do in the PL. His technical ability was more noticeable than it has been in the vast majority of games this season. Created good opportunities for Rashford and a decent through-ball that Greenwood failed to control. A few moments where he gave the ball away carelessly, attempting a simple pass.

The issues for Andreas at the moment are adjusting to the amount of time you get on the ball in the PL and developing an understanding with his team-mates so the pass matches the run. I'm surprised at how much playing time he has had in the PL this season and also how little impact he's had, though he has been unfortunate at times, such as Mata failing to score from his super cross at West Ham.

Last edited:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He had a steady game, nothing more and nothing less.

Pereira was the creator of one of my favourite goals on the season against Villa. Beautiful Beckham-esque ball into the box for Rashford to head in. Why hasn’t he been trying to replicate that?

Balls like that are something we’ve been missing for years and there were times last night when we were struggling to break through where a pass like that would have been an effective weapon. He can do it so why not do it?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Compare to Lingard and Mata, 0 goal, 0 assist.
Unless you want Martial, Greenwood, or Rashford to be a playmaker.
First of all hes played much more than those two, and second thats a low, low bar to clear (Mata has the same numbers as Pereira btw with much less time in all comps)

Yeah, unless we buy someone i January Pogba is going to take that spot and if not i would rather have Martial there.

JoaquinJoaquin

Actually thought he was pretty good last night, as far as Pereira games go. Think I would be more inclined to start him at #10 in home games than Lingard, as at least Pereira tries to go forward.

dev1l

He had a steady game, nothing more and nothing less.

Pereira was the creator of one of my favourite goals on the season against Villa. Beautiful Beckham-esque ball into the box for Rashford to head in. Why hasn’t he been trying to replicate that?

Balls like that are something we’ve been missing for years and there were times last night when we were struggling to break through where a pass like that would have been an effective weapon. He can do it so why not do it?
Sometimes you need a bit of patience with players like Perriera and some fans clearly don't have that.
He s had a mixed season, combining decent displays with anonymous ones.
Management has to decide whether it s feasible or not.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'm not a fan but felt a bit sorry for him last night, first half certainly. Constantly looked to make things happen, looking for the little through ball the whole half, head up, alert, urgent. Movement was pretty poor in front of him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Don't know what game people saw. He had 2 good passes against a 4th-tier team, ok. I would love to know how many times he gave the ball away and got dispossessed. 2/10.
2/10 :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Broadly speaking, I agree with this. The level of the opposition was such that Andreas Pereira should have looked like Andrea Pirlo last night. Yet he still gave away the ball constantly and, while he did put it some nice balls over the top, looked mostly average.

I don't want to get at the lad but he signed a big money four year deal last season. Based on that alone he should at least be able to pass the ball straight, especially when forwards are making runs between the lines and in the channels.

SAFMUTD

He’s bee so poor that even an average performance against a low division team is seem as a great performance, I have seen enough of him to know he wont make it here, hopefully we will replace him in the summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He had so much time on the ball, it was too easy for him. Clearly he has the talent and ability when given space, but I don't think he can play like that against premier league teams with them in his face constantly.

If he COULD play like that more often against better opposition, he'd have more of a chance IMO.

I don't remember him getting into any physical duels which helped.

JoaquinJoaquin

Out of curiosity, what did you rate Lingard after the Everton game?

Status
Not open for further replies.