Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Some very harsh criticisms of him here after last night's performance, which is strange to me. He was great last night. Yes I know it's only Colchester, but it was a positive sign for him.
I wouldn't say he was great at all. Against a team like Colchester he is expected to be decent. What annoyed me was he kept trying the same balls over and over when it was fairly clear that Colchester's deep defensive line meant they weren't going to work.

Bondi77

I thought he had a good game. He should have had a couple of assists and I was a little disappointed he did not have a few shots himself.
Opposition was not great but surely that should mean everyone plays well and that certainly did not happen

Man Utd 4:1 Newcastle

Based Adnan

Done well today, good assist for Martial's first. Should be first choice 10 until we buy someone whether that's January or next summer. Levels above Lingard.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was decent, but he doesn't half play with blinkers on half the time.

Needs to look around a bit more

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Liked the fact that he actually came to the ball and was always an option. We lack that with Lingard and he runs all over the place.

RedIan

Played well on the whole.. far better than other games. Shame he didnt see Greenwood on that break or it may have been 2 assists not 1

hungrywing

They should make him train away from the others. Set him up with a special copy of FIFA or PES that jolts him with a shock everytime he shoots/doesn't pick out the wide open man on the edge of the box. One month later we end up with an 80m signing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Built like a side of a fiver, gets pushed off the ball way too easily. When he has the ball in threatening areas, he consistently makes wrong decisions. Should only be used as first choice in a real emergency. Still better than Lingard.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think he's better than Lingard in the role of starting the press but his passing and all round decision making really is awful, case in point where Greenwood was in acres on the right and he passed to Martial

Stadjer

No vision at all i think. Will shoot when he shouldnt and picks the wrong pass often. Should have played in Greenwood on the right when he played in Martial through the middle (the moment Martial stood on the newcastle defender his hand)

However i dont think he is a worse player than Lingard. Atleast Pereira might score with one of his many many shots or get an assist like he did today.

kundalini

Good performance. Got an assist. Decent free-kick that forced a good save.

For once, we were rewarded for pressing their defenders.

Still making poor choices in the final third from time to time.

He'sRaldo

Defensively he can't win 2nd balls or challenge, but at least he has quality.

Did well today, got an assist, and his brain is getting more and more used to the league.

Andersons Dietician

Weird game. Does good things with sharp passing then almost in the same breath does terrible things and makes poor decisions.

case in point Martial makes a run to clear space for Greenwood. Just roll it across to kid and I’m like 99.99% sure Greenwood on his left scores that. Instead he plays in Martial in to pretty much a no win situation.

LJJT

Thought he played really well today, probably best I’ve seen him play. Great lay off for first goal

Ace of Spades

Weird game. Does good things with sharp passing then almost in the same breath does terrible things and makes poor decisions.

case in point Martial makes a run to clear space for Greenwood. Just roll it across to kid and I’m like 99.99% sure Greenwood on his left scores that. Instead he plays in Martial in to pretty much a no win situation.
Yeah, he is better than Lingard against teams that sit deep, but we desperately need more quality in the position.

He keeps making the wrong decisions, and plays the wrong passes.

Red00012

Better than Lingard , loves taking shots instead of picking out a team mate.

Bondi77

Thought he played well and was all over the place and was always available. He is a squad player and if he plays like that when called upon then he is doing a job for the team, much better than Lingard.

redshaw

Good game again today and do prefer him over Lingard, he can give us some good dead balls but still hard to trust him overall.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Only played 36 premier League games, so not a lot of experience in that respect. Has got a terrific shot on him, and has probably been told to shoot when in a good position, but perhaps his judgement could be out a bit, as is his passing choices sometimes, but I like his aggression and determination, and perhaps we will see a much better player by the end of the season, not sure he is the answer if we're looking to win Premiership titles and Champions League, but a handy squad player to have.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He did okay today, I was frustrated when he didn't pass the ball to Greenwood when Mason was free, his vision is too limited for a no 10.

But this is basically what we got in his role. Lingard also had the same form, did okay in one or two games and turned poor for the next 5 games and dropped. Pereira the same, he had 1 or 2 okay games, and he will turn poor for the next 5 games and dropped.

However, I'll keep him over Lingard for squad player next season. Not because he's better but because Lingard already had way more chances & time with United, it's just time to move on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I would like to see him bulk up a bit and add something different to his game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
But this is basically what we got in his role. Lingard also had the same form, did okay in one or two games and turned poor for the next 5 games and dropped. Pereira the same, he had 1 or 2 okay games, and he will turn poor for the next 5 games and dropped.
A bit harsh. He's been mostly ok this season when he's been played as a #10. A few poor games, but mostly ok (which is a lot better than Lingard and Mata have been). I think those few games he played in central midfield (when he was absolutely terrible) have made people overrate the amount of bad games he's had.

TrustInOle

He was decent, but he doesn't half play with blinkers on half the time.

Needs to look around a bit more
Agreed, always liked Andreas from a young age and thought hewas a tidy player. Whilst his technical ability has always been there and also slowly improved, the same can not be said of his composure and decision making. IF he can just tidy up and calm himself in tight situations, he could become a very effective player when trying to break teams down, which I hope is something that comes with age and experience with him.

Feel he offers a combination of Mata and Jesse's playstyle, at a similar level to them on the pitch but shouldn't be the standard and needs improving on, but out of three of them, I'd definatley hang onto Andreas.

MrBest

Prefer him to lingard but both should not be at this club. Was okay today, easy assist but decision makimg again was horrible to watch. Has a lot of energy but not really a top player. Belongs at a relegation side team. We badly need two midfielders, one creative and one defensive. One day, Andreas will not be part of this team. Hopefully we have recruited well enough by the summer so that this day is then.

In Rainbows

He did okay today, I was frustrated when he didn't pass the ball to Greenwood when Mason was free, his vision is too limited for a no 10.
This has been a thing since he played for the u21s. This was one of my main criticisms of him at the time. It hasn't changed. Unless it's an obvious through ball on the break with some distance to go, he'll try to shoot. He's the opposite of Januzaj was or Gomes is as a 10.

Devil may care

I don't think he's a long termer here but he's doing a bit better in recent weeks than at the start of the season.

manunited1919

Only played 36 premier League games, so not a lot of experience in that respect. Has got a terrific shot on him, and has probably been told to shoot when in a good position, but perhaps his judgement could be out a bit, as is his passing choices sometimes, but I like his aggression and determination, and perhaps we will see a much better player by the end of the season, not sure he is the answer if we're looking to win Premiership titles and Champions League, but a handy squad player to have.
Spot on. If Ole finally ditches Lingard and gives Andreas a good run at 10 he will gain in confidence and his passing, decision making, and shooting will all improve. Perhaps Mourinho’s comments during the loan to Spain didn’t fall on deaf ears, as he is working hard to get into the team as a starter.

Ekeke

Very good performance. Always on the move, creating space for others with his positioning, had a much more mature use of the ball with first time passes and set up play which worked extremely well with our forward players, including a classy assist for Martial's goal. He was also taking on more of a leader role, asking for the ball at times and pointing to teammates at other times to help build our attacking patterns while we had lots of movement from our front players. Had a good freekick saved.

All that was missing from that performance was a goal, his longshots other than his freekick left a lot to be desired snatching at those chances. We looked far more fluent in attack than in recent times without him in the AM role, but this performance was showing something new with his appreciation for teammates which hadnt always been the case this season, sometimes trying to force play on his own. He was far more composed in the buildup against Newcastle not forcing things and just executing what available to him well with his passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.