5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

The fact that he's getting better is encouraging. His first year at this level obviously won't be smooth, but he has quality so it's interesting to see how well he can perform if he is able to adjust.

At least he has the base of technical ability mixed with hard work, that makes you never want to give up on him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Should have done much better on both occasions
You can't coach that. It's just core intelligence really. Does his brain have the capacity to trust his footwork enough to look around and process information? No. First one he should have taken a touch with his left foot to open his body up, and taken a split second to make a decision (rather than decide he was going to shoot before the ball got to him). That would have given him an easy assist feeding Marcus in. Instead, he butchers his first touch, panics and thinks ok shoot. Poor poor footballing intelligence.

The second one is the same thing. We know this kid has a piss poor IQ. We've been saying it for 5 years. He's showing no signs of improvement on that mental aspect. His technique and footwork are improving but his core intelligence is not.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Basically, it's a real shame he's crap because I actually really like his style of play. He's got tricks and flicks, a good delivery, lovely ability to strike a dead ball, but ultimately his ball control, positioning, pace, vision etc just generally aren't up to the level. When he's playing deep he's even more of a liability than Cleverley was and at no.10 he just doesn't have any productivity whatsoever.

I feel a bit the same about Lingard, like the lad, like his style of play but he's ultimately lost whatever it was he had and he's nowhere the mark at the moment. Will be both a shame and also a blessed relief when / if we actually finally buy a decent no.10. Pray for Bruno to see the light!

Basically, it's a real shame he's crap because I actually really like his style of play. He's got tricks and flicks, a good delivery, lovely ability to strike a dead ball, but ultimately his ball control, positioning, pace, vision etc just generally aren't up to the level. When he's playing deep he's even more of a liability than Cleverley was and at no.10 he just doesn't have any productivity whatsoever.

I feel a bit the same about Lingard, like the lad, like his style of play but he's ultimately lost whatever it was he had and he's nowhere the mark at the moment. Will be both a shame and also a blessed relief when / if we actually finally buy a decent no.10. Pray for Bruno to see the light!
That's harsh - he has 1 goal and 3 assists so far this season. Hes more productive than Lingard and Mata.

TwoSheds

That's harsh - he has 1 goal and 3 assists so far this season. Hes more productive than Lingard and Mata.
Oh I stand corrected, he's good enough to play no.10 for a team who want to challenge for the title then :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hes good enough to be a squad player.
1 goal and 2 assists in 16 starts is poor return if we're being honest.

None of Mata, Lingard or Periera are good enough to remain United players in any capacity. Not if we ever hope to challenge for the top again

Ekeke

None of Mata, Lingard or Periera are good enough to remain United players in any capacity. Not if we ever hope to challenge for the top again
He'd have at least 2 more assists if players didnt miss 95% conversion chances from his crosses when he was playing on the right

manunited1919

Some here have already made up their mind about him, and like to suggest he is at nearly the same level as Lingard (all he does is run and break up our own attacks) or Mata (intelligent player but legs are almost gone). This reminds me when many in the CAF would always comment about Smalling and Jones as the chuckle brothers, when clearly Smalling was a good defender.

This is Andreas first season getting real opportunities in the first team, and he is playing in a position that requires getting used to your teammates to learn and make the best decisions. Hopefully by the end of the season he shows signs of improvement and at that time we can assess if he is good enough for first team or a squad player.

Yesterday he assisted the first goal and was also involved in the buildup to the third one. He should be getting praise, as he was also one of our best players.

Its not great i agree, but at least he's contributing to the team.

Ekeke

Some here have already made up their mind about him, and like to suggest he is at nearly the same level as Lingard (all he does is run and break up our own attacks) or Mata (intelligent player but legs are almost gone). This reminds me when many in the CAF would always comment about Smalling and Jones as the chuckle brothers, when clearly Smalling was a good defender.

This is Andreas first season getting real opportunities in the first team, and he is playing in a position that requires getting used to your teammates to learn and make the best decisions. Hopefully by the end of the season he shows signs of improvement and at that time we can assess if he is good enough for first team or a squad player.

Yesterday he assisted the first goal and was also involved in the buildup to the third one. He should be getting praise, as he was also one of our best players.
Yep. And Nani before Smalling. Redcafe posters have worse decision making than Andreas has.

Noir

Yep. And Nani before Smalling. Redcafe posters have worse decision making than Andreas has.
Yep. Mediocre players, all of them.

If Andreas is our best no. 10, then we probably shouldn't play with one. Don't want to be insultive to anyone, but what planet are you people from? He has done absolutely nothing other than exist and have a signed contract to play for what we like to say the biggest club in the world. And now we post videos of a player that just happens to do the same thing as every other professional player: a few flicks, passes? Seriously? And some say he was one of the best players on the pitch? I'm sorry but that isn't good enough, never was never will be.

Really want our academy players to have a chance in the first team, but they have to earn and take their chances. I say give him time till the end of the season and when he inevitably fails ship him out. I'd rather see his minutes go to Gomes.

Ekeke

Yep. Mediocre players, all of them.

If Andreas is our best no. 10, then we probably shouldn't play with one. Don't want to be insultive to anyone, but what planet are you people from? He has done absolutely nothing other than exist and have a signed contract to play for what we like to say the biggest club in the world. And now we post videos of a player that just happens to do the same thing as every other professional player: a few flicks, passes? Seriously? And some say he was one of the best players on the pitch? I'm sorry but that isn't good enough, never was never will be.

Really want our academy players to have a chance in the first team, but they have to earn and take their chances. I say give him time till the end of the season and when he inevitably fails ship him out. I'd rather see his minutes go to Gomes.
Yep, if you think they're all mediocre players then we probably dont need "fans" like you.

Tarrou

Recently he's elevated himself to 'definitely better than Lingard' status, for me. Although that isn't saying much,.

Decent performance against Newcastle in fairness.

Still don't want to see him in the starting line-up though.

Ekeke

So i'm in the wrong for wanting our team to have the best possible players?
Yes.

No team has the best possible players.

Nani was a fantastic winger for us for several years despite not being as good as Ronaldo. Smalling is a very good CB despite not being as good as Rio and Vidic. Andreas is potentially a good AM despite not being De Bruyne.

Not being the best possible player doesnt make someone mediocre, it makes them human

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Yes.

No team has the best possible players.

Nani was a fantastic winger for us for several years despite not being as good as Ronaldo. Smalling is a very good CB despite not being as good as Rio and Vidic. Andreas is potentially a good AM despite not being De Bruyne.

Not being the best possible player doesnt make someone mediocre, it makes them human
Please tell me you're joking.

We're talking about elite level sport here so yes you can expect players to be better than mediocre.

TwoSheds

Thin is we're not a club who look like we want to challenge for a title, only the fans.

We're the new Arsenal, top 4 ahoy.
He's not even a top 4 standard player though! Arsenal wouldn't play him I don't think given their liking for actually pretty good forwards. Squad player for a top 6 team maybe or else a key player lower down.

TwoSheds

Recently he's elevated himself to 'definitely better than Lingard' status, for me. Although that isn't saying much,.

Decent performance against Newcastle in fairness.

Still don't want to see him in the starting line-up though.
I endorse this post.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was terrible. Ruined so many promising moves.

Still, despite being nowhere near good enough himself, I'd start him over Mata and Lingard everyday as he doesn't hide like them.

Man, we really need reinforcements in January.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Overtaken Lingard in the pecking order. A player that needs to be upgraded, but Lingard is the one that needs to go most. He seems to offer everything Lingard offers but slightly better. More of a goal threat, more of a pressing nuisance, more bite, more killer creativity.

Stadjer

Great for Martial his goal. Good pressing and excellent cross.

He might not be very good but atleast he can score or assist every once in a while.

Walters_19_MuFc

A lot better today. Constantly finding pockets of space and playing on the half turn. Gorgeous assist for Martial and his work off the ball was good as usual.

Slightly different role for him today. Played high up, but was more on the right. Guess this was down to Young being asked to play more of an inverted role, which allowed Pereira to create overloads with James on the right, with Williams and Rashford doing the same down the left. It worked and the balance was there.

Last edited:

el3mel

Great for Martial his goal. Good pressing and excellent cross.

He might not be very good but atleast he can score or assist every once in a while.
The pressure he did in the first goal was just immense.

Created a chance out of a dead ball, literally from nowhere.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Another good game, but fell off (alongwith Fred) in the second half. Intelligent pass for the goal, lots of nice tough touches and passes. It's something we've been missing for months.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Overtaken Lingard in the pecking order. A player that needs to be upgraded, but Lingard is the one that needs to go most. He seems to offer everything Lingard offers but slightly better. More of a goal threat, more of a pressing nuisance, more bite, more killer creativity.
Has nowhere near as many premiership appearances as Lingard, so will take him time to develop.

Ekeke

Another good game, but fell off (alongwith Fred) in the second half. Intelligent pass for the goal, lots of nice tough touches and passes. It's something we've been missing for months.
Fred actually got better. First half he was on the ball less than Matic and didnt win the ball, ended the 2nd half having made the most passes in the team and occasionally winning the ball

R'hllor

Never minded him, out of those 3 as number 10, would pick him any day of the week over Mata and Lingard for so many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.