5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utdstar01

He's had a lot of minutes of late. Perhaps too much responsibility placed on his shoulders. Even though he's not necessarily a kid anymore, he's still very much new to the premier league and has taken some adapting. Hopefully he can push on.

meamth

Apparently Pogba nicknamed him "Tiki Taka Legend."

Andreas the Tiki Taka Legend.

I like that pogba.

He is getting better and better.

SAFMUTD

Still believe he’s not good enough and never will be, but credit where credits due that was a lovely assist. Worldclass pass good for him, that’s two assists in the last two games.

thepolice123

Apparently Pogba nicknamed him "Tiki Taka Legend."

Andreas the Tiki Taka Legend.

I like that pogba.

He is getting better and better.
Felt like Tiki Taka with FIFA input lag. His passes are always one step late.

Nick7

Had two good games in a row now. Don’t think he’s good enough but for the moment he’s fine. Our best #10, don’t like seeing him in the team anywhere else.

meamth

Im baffled how do cafs measure he is good enough or not?

Gnabry went on to be one of the most dangerous wide forwards.

Odegaard suddenly becoming into a world class prospect.

Januzaj had a world class potential but turns to mediocre player.

I believe that with the right mentality and dedication this kid can still turn it around.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't remember which poster said it but I thought it was spot on, basically when Andreas starts to think on the ball he is bad but when he does stuff instinctively, he can do wonders.

The Red Thinker

For me it is quite obvious that Andreas belongs only on the right side of midfield. He would have been a pretty good traditional right midfielder in the good ol’ 4-4-2 days. He has a wonderful right foot and he knows it. That pass to Martial is so difficult and yet he made it look trivial. In today’s game he doesn’t have the speed or strength to play as a winger, but play him as a right sided attacking midfielder and he will do well.

thepolice123

I believe that with the right mentality and dedication this kid can still turn it around.
Except the talent was always there for both Odegaard and Gnabry. Odegaard wasn't getting minutes at Real while Gnabry struggled badly with injuries. Its just a matter of finding the platform to shine.

We've have already given Pereira the platform and his football has been underwhelming to say the least.

meamth

Except the talent was always there for both Odegaard and Gnabry. Odegaard wasn't getting minutes at Real while Gnabry struggled badly with injuries. Its just a matter of finding the platform to shine.

We've have already given Pereira the platform and his football has been underwhelming to say the least.
Maybe he needs more time as a regular starter and if he turns out to be a quality player, it'll be a good investment.

As far as I'm concerned, it's okay to develop Perreira now.

He might turn this around, every player needs different route of developing themselves.

marktan

Wasn't always clearcut with Gnabry, he went to West Brom and barely played. Conversely Andreas went to Granada and the other Spanish team and played really well. I remember watching his highlights against Barca or Madrid and he played really well, basically like a light modric in keeping the ball and playing in tight spaces.

I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed on how Andreas has performed for us, I don't know if it's confidence or if the leagues too physical for him, but he showed on loan he has talent. As is the case with all younger players some make it, some don't, and for some it takes time for them to develop.

Ekeke

Shhh. Certain posters will attack you with WhoScored ratings and other nonsense about how phenomenal he is.
Another poster who doesn't understand what kind of player Maddison is.

He makes the 3rd most tackles for Leicester after Ndidi and Pereira. If he was in the United team he'd be 3rd most tackles after AWB and McTominay. He's become a midfielder. Not just a 10 or an attacking midfielder, but someone who is important to both Leicester's defending and attacking.

Despite only having 3 assists this season he also has 2.4 key passes a game, so he sets up more chances than any United player this season with Pogba at 2.3 creating slightly less.

So creates more chances than anyone in our team, whilst making more tackles than all but 2 players and more dribbles than anyone other than Rashford.

But hey feel free to think hes average because Leicester miss the chances he creates if it makes you feel better. It would be a perfect example of looking at one not particularly useful stat that is completely pooped on by a more detailed stat and rating a player soley on that one thing.

Now onto Andreas himself, he's doing well in his own right despite being unpopular on here. If we seperate his 7 games as an AM from his other positions, he averages 2.8 key passes a game now. Thats almost double Mata's 1.5 and is in fact double Lingard's 1.4

Statistically he's doing better than Mason Mount, and this is what the key passes look like for premier league players playing the #10/in the hole per 90 mins this season

So there you go, overall in the AM position he obviously isnt the best but hes been nowhere near as bad as some posters like to make out and he's played more maturely and more composed in the last 2 matches so he's getting better. Would still have a fair bit to go to be as dangerous as the top couple of players at that role in the league.

Foxbatt

He is a puzzle. Technically he can be very good but at the same time he can miscontrol the simplest of the passes. He can flick the ball brilliantly into the path of a team mate and lay on a pass like he did for Martial. The next minute he could give the ball away needlessly. Of the three of him, Mata and Lingard I would chose him now as he had better games than the other two this season. Maybe like Fred he needs to get games under his belt to play better.

Djemba-Djemba

I still think he's not good enough, but he's a much much better option than Lingard. At least he contributes some end product.
That's how I'd look at it.

We still desperately need an upgrade in terms of a creative midfielder but Pereira should be way ahead of Lingard in the pecking order now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Felt like Tiki Taka with FIFA input lag. His passes are always one step late.
:lol:

A couple of decent games from Periera but I still don't rate him. He has got a quality final third pass/cross in him every now and then, no doubt.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

We use our eyes? You can only judge talent based on what you see. And Periera for me doesn't seem to have enough (especially in terms of his vision/speed of thought and dynamism/mobility).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Sometimes he is good, most of the times he is not. He might kick on and become good player but going by his season, there isn't much hope to be starting player for us.

In the last few games he did well, for now I would take him ahead of Lingard in every game. He has Lingard's work rate and also good passing range.

Based Adnan

Has every right to be fuming at Ole for being dropped once again for the underperforming Lingard. Managed to do more within 5 minutes of coming on then Lingard managed all game.

Ace of Spades

Should have buried his chance, to not even be on target was poor. He is better than Lingard, but we need better than Periera as well.

At least, he did not go hiding like Lingard.

jem

Criminal not to start him and try and build confidence and momentum after his performance against Burnley. To play Lingard instead is idiotic management.

Silas

Criminal not to start him and try and build confidence and momentum after his performance against Burnley. To play Lingard instead is idiotic management.
It truly is.

led_scholes

He has improved a bit. Still nothing spectacular. However, the last 4 games he has done more than what Lingard has done for a whole year, thus he deserves to start, although only for a short term. I think he is a player too depending on confidence. Backup players usually have strong mentality and they manage to play always at their level. The likes of O Shea, Ji Sung Park, Chicarito etc were tough mentally. Pereira seems to be anxious and trying really hard to impress every time, resulting in bad decisions. Therefore, I cant see him as player that he will excel as a squad option in the future.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He has improved a bit. Still nothing spectacular. However, the last 4 games he has done more than what Lingard has done for a whole year, thus he deserves to start, although only for a short term. I think he is a player too depending on confidence. Backup players usually have strong mentality and they manage to play always at their level. The likes of O Shea, Ji Sung Park, Chicarito etc were tough mentally. Pereira seems to be anxious and trying really hard to impress every time, resulting in bad decisions. Therefore, I cant see him as player that he will excel as a squad option in the future.
It's easy to understand him trying too hard, he has once in a lifetime opportunity to play at one the the greatest football clubs in the world (unfortunately not at this moment in time though), so he will be doing everything he can to establish himself as a first team regular. Fred improved massively after getting a run in the team, and I can see Pereira doing the same, but if Ole keeps leaving him out for Lingard, (I can understand in a way him picking Lingard, he has always done well against Arsenal, and he is a better player where he has space to make runs into) then that will knock his confidence. He may not be the player to get us back to challenging for the major trophies, but I can certainly see him as a valuable squad member. Other posters on here already regard him as useless, and should be shipped out asap, but a couple of months ago they were saying the same about Fred,and last year is was McTominay who was never going to be good enough.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've been watching the witcher and it's inspired a chant

Pass the ball to pereira
For feck sake Ashley, for feck sake Rashy
Oh oh oh
Pass the ball to pereira
Please sell Bailley, sack Olly and Jesse
Oh oh oh

Based on
[MEDIA]

Last edited:
Wolves 0:0 Man Utd

kundalini

Still not got out of the habit of taking too long on the ball, giving the opposition the chance to steal possession from him. Not much quality from Pereira today in central midfield. 1 successful tackle out of 6 attempts. 1 interception. 2 shots from distance, one blocked, the other off-target.

Paul_Scholes18

Fairly good today. Him and Matic looked alright together.
He is far from a top player though and need a good manager to make him perform at a better level than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.