5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
I think he has his uses, but its staggering how often he chooses the wrong option.

izec

He is hit sometimes and way more miss, one good action followed by 5 terrible ones. If he can reverse that, we have a player. But for now, he is pretty poor

El Jefe

I've said it repeatedly, this guy is rubbish. The only player who plays consistently in our team that's worse than him is Lingard and even that's debatable.

How anyone can think he's good enough to be here is beyond me.

marktan

I know he gave the ball away a lot, but most of our attacks were to do with him, including the Martial chance. What I like about him is that he shows for the ball in dangerous positions and tries things. Compare that to James today or Lingard in general.

That said the overall quality today from him was very poor. Its strange because I've seen him but in great performances technically against Madrid and Barca in Spain, but for us he seems to be rushing and panicking passes all the time. Maybe it's the tempo or maybe it's a lack of confidence, but he needs to sort it out. I still think there's a good player in there, perhaps not for us but he can be if he settles down a little. Not a world class one but a good one.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's not fair to single Andreas out but again he showed he's not good enough.

The club was mad to give him a new deal. Where would he have gone if we let him go? There's not a top level player in there. Is he actually better than someone like Almiron at Newcastle?

We're picking this lad and expecting something that he just ain't got. Like so many others he's been rewarded for failure when he should have been cut loose ages ago.

Can't blame him cos I'd take the money if it was offered to me. Just another example that the loonatics really are running the asylum at Old Trafford.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Pereira, Lingard, Jones.. these guys are representation of why United are so average. If our recruitment department continues to be inept, I will much rather have academy kids play than this lot.

Robaldo

Setting up one chance Vs messing up a whole bunch of times.. there is a reason nobody will mention it.

Hopefully we get rid in summer. There are millions of much more effective players than him out there.
I don't think he's particularly good but he was better than James and Martial today and will be scapegoated nevertheless...

Haddock

Crap. Missed a tap in. Shoots when he ought to pass. People have a go at Adama Traore's decision making. This lad is as daft.

snowkarl

Honestly his performance today in terms of final pass, awareness and anticipation was one of the worst I've EVER seen in any premier league game.

So, shockingly bad.

He looked defeated in the 2nd half as well, as if he realized he's actually not good enough.

Mata should have started, crippled and tiny as he is.

Renegade

I think the fact his good looking with a fancy name gives him a bit more credit/patience amongst some. Imagine if we had a young Chadwick playing like that in the number 10?
Awful player. Broke down every attack with his poor decision making.

SlothIsLove

Nice flick for the Martial's chance, but that's it. He chooses the wrong option most of the time, and not only in this match but every time I see him playing.

kundalini

I thought he was unfortunate with the high bounce on Wan-Bissaka's pass/shot. As usual, took far too long deciding what to do in the final third and not surprisingly, Liverpool dispossessed him while he was considering his options. Nice combination for Martial's big chance.

He's got to learn to play one or two touch football, and know what his options are before he receives the ball.

I think he's been a bit unlucky this season with his team-mates wasting some big chances he's created and being asked to play 3 different positions, but his current performance level isn't good enough to be a regular starter in the PL for United. Not sure if he will improve or not. I'm disappointed that he hasn't learned from his experience this season.

Last edited:

E-mal

I don't think he's particularly good but he was better than James and Martial today and will be scapegoated nevertheless...
How was he better than Martial? Did you watch the game?
Martial was the only one we had in attack and anything reasonable we did in attack today came from him.
The chance that Andreas fluffed in first half was created by Martial and he was the only one that had an idea about the game other than Fred.
Andreas is useless and is not good enough even as a square player.

thepolice123

I thought he was unfortunate with the high bounce on Wan-Bissaka's pass/shot. As usual, took far too long deciding what to do in the final third and not surprisingly, Liverpool dispossessed him while he was considering his options. Nice combination for Martial's big chance.
Tbf that move was entirely Martial. He's just garbage today. Always one touch behind the play and clueless with the ball when defenders are infront of him.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Shouldn't be anywhere near a supposedly 'big' club in the biggest and best league in the world.

I dont claim to be an expert but I do watch alot of football and I'm at a loss to explain how Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can justify picking this guy.
There are pub players out there who could offer more of an attacking threat, it's embarrassing.

Master Yoda

Per is much better than Lingard. I prefer a bad performance over invisibility any day of the week. Lingard is a wizard, not a football player.

MAME DIOUF 32

I like him as a character because he always works hard and he's played on every midfield position. The problem is that, for all his effort and willingness to play anywhere, we still haven't found a position he's good enough in.

He's a damning indictment of the squad imo. Mata's found some form in the last couple of weeks but up until then I'd still have picked Andreas. Lingard is an absolute joker. For the majority of the season I wouldn't have wanted to pick Andreas but by process of elimination he'd have found himself in the team.

Dinghy

Don't like singling out one player, but he is just so god awful on the ball. He plays the game like he's got much better technique and vision then what is really the case and it's hurting us as almost every attack breaks down when he's involved. Very similar to past it-Rooney.

youngrell

Super frustrating performance today from him. Took up so many good positions but wasted almost every single one by making a mess of his touch, pass, you name it.

Won’t be too harsh as better players than him have had worse nights at Anfield but the game changed instantly when he was hooked for Mata.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I say it every time but he wastes soooooooooo many counter attacks by either making the wrong the decision or by just not being good at shielding the ball.

Ace of Spades

He is an okay player, and in other games could be useful and not a hindrance, but against top opposition we just can't afford to have players like him starting. Not the biggest problem, but not good enough as an attacker.

starman

When everyone was bashing Fred I stuck with him saying he needs time to adapt, out courtesy I will do the same for Pereira, but its not looking like he will make it here. This is his first real season in the first team, but he's well versed in English football, so can't use that excuse... His ability is not translating, technically hes a good player but it can collapses on him at times, with often incredibly bad touches at important times.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I know he gave the ball away a lot, but most of our attacks were to do with him, including the Martial chance. What I like about him is that he shows for the ball in dangerous positions and tries things. Compare that to James today or Lingard in general.

That said the overall quality today from him was very poor. Its strange because I've seen him but in great performances technically against Madrid and Barca in Spain, but for us he seems to be rushing and panicking passes all the time. Maybe it's the tempo or maybe it's a lack of confidence, but he needs to sort it out. I still think there's a good player in there, perhaps not for us but he can be if he settles down a little. Not a world class one but a good one.
Reminds me a bit of Fred, when he seemed to be trying too hard, resulting in rushing passes and misplacing them, once Fred settled down he's been very good. Would certainly play him before Lingard. Once he settles down he will be fine.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a squad player. He needs too much time on the ball and lacks awareness as well as consistency. I'd play him against Burnley but not against Liverpool. Not that we had much choice here. Think he was good in patches, just not good enough.

onlyoneunited

This guy isn't even a squad player, he has skill but no desire, no strength, no drive and no awareness of when he's about to be pressed. This is our problem, we accept absolute trash as a squad player. He's not fit to even lace Fortune's boots. People here used to rip Park apart saying he was just a utility player who runs around etc, well compare this guy to Park who would you take? Hell I'd take a retired Park now over him.

How he starts ahead of Mata is beyond me, extremely frustrating!

dasty

He gets the ball in good positions often in a game, then completely wastes it by always choosing the worst possible option other than passing it straight to the opposition, which he also does a fair bit. Completely pointless player that shouldn't even be on the bench for a team looking for top 4. Don't think he would be a starter in any PL team too. Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa all have vastly better players than him in the same position, and they are the bottom 3 of the league.

The fact that he is getting so many starts with us shows how much of a shambles we are in. I can see that he is always trying his best, but feck me the talent just isn't there at all.

ex and

When I used to watch Bestie, and he got the ball, there was a huge surge of anticipation, you just knew something good would happen.
Pereira is the opposite, it’s like flat-lining. He’s not even good enough to be a squad player.

Dve

I think people is painting sort of black picture here. Pereira was quite lively second half, and was involved in most of what United created. He may be better suited for 4-3-3, and he has shown that he has a technical reportoir. But so far, he´s not doing enough to be compensating for lack of physics.

0le

Pereira, Lingard, Jones.. these guys are representation of why United are so average. If our recruitment department continues to be inept, I will much rather have academy kids play than this lot.
Lingard and Pereira both came from the academy.

The United

His technical ability is pretty decent. But, like most people said, his decision making is just so bad.

Canagel

He has zero vision, it's the most frustrating thing watching from the TV. Just look down kick and run. Terrible player

Status
Not open for further replies.