5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM10

He did well last night. Certainly compared to Mata, Lingard and James in the first half anyway.

He carried the ball with a bit more purpose and looked as though he could make something happen. Nothing spectacular but it's a start.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did he play as a CM? Might be different but he might be better as a CM than a CAM. The position of CAM seems too vital in quick situations which requires a type of football that may not suit him. At CM he can be a bit more passing from deep, make runs on energy like Fred and Mctomminay does and more.

I thought he did well too.

Strelok

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, came accross it yesterday.

Martial is usually a very quiet nice guy, and he looked like he gonna punch Pereira. He seemed pretty pissed.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I just love how people pretend on here that no one can improve after 21 years of age. Always eager to get rid of player who are happy as squad players. To promote the kind of youngsters who would have no intention of being squad players and will jump ship the momment they see a path to a starting berth is blocked....

As asquad player Pereira is on 6 big chances created this season in the league. Even the superb Fernandes isn't on that. But many of you would have us believe Pereira offers absolutely nothing to the team.

Last edited:

Mickson

Did he play as a CM? Might be different but he might be better as a CM than a CAM. The position of CAM seems too vital in quick situations which requires a type of football that may not suit him. At CM he can be a bit more passing from deep, make runs on energy like Fred and Mctomminay does and more.

He is a disaster at CM, which he has shown when he has played there. He has no positional sense and his defending is just based on kicking people. I remember a game with him and Fred as CM, maybe against Sheffield United away. Deary me, as Fergie would have said. The only people who defend Pereira are people with no football ability. He is a one-trick pony. Looks good out of context because of his decent technique and some stepovers. However, his footballing brain is so poor, his decision making, he is not quick enough in his decisions, no real strengths as a player. Laughable that people are defending him. He has as many goals as the 38-year old center back Laurent Blanc in as many matches for United, and at least two of Pereira's goals have been absolute howlers. He is the worst player to have played 70 + games for United. We were so many that questioned Ole for playing him so much, and no surprise that we have been proven right. Don't know what Ole is playing at here, no way any other manager would've played him so much. Also, Pereira is 25 in January.

Bebestation

He is a disaster at CM, which he has shown when he has played there. He has no positional sense and his defending is just based on kicking people. I remember a game with him and Fred as CM, maybe against Sheffield United away. Deary me, as Fergie would have said. The only people who defend Pereira are people with no football ability. He is a one-trick pony. Looks good out of context because of his decent technique and some stepovers. However, his footballing brain is so poor, his decision making, he is not quick enough in his decisions, no real strengths as a player. Laughable that people are defending him. He has as many goals as the 38-year old center back Laurent Blanc in as many matches for United, and at least two of Pereira's goals have been absolute howlers. He is the worst player to have played 70 + games for United. We were so many that questioned Ole for playing him so much, and no surprise that we have been proven right. Don't know what Ole is playing at here, no way any other manager would've played him so much. Also, Pereira is 25 in January.
I dont rate him and didn't say anything about him being good enough for us. Just thought he did well and if he is better at CM more than CAM for our club or another.

I think he will be a CM as he progresses.

I'm unsure where I'm defending him.

Strelok

I dont rate him and didn't say anything about him being good enough for us. Just thought he did well and if he is better at CM more than CAM for our club or another.

I think he will be a CM as he progresses.

I'm unsure where I'm defending him.
Imo his best position is probably a winger. His positional, tactical awareness, decision making, close ball control, passing is basically crap. And his inability to keep possesion under any sort of presssure. Well he can't play CM or AM that's for sure. That's just too much for him.

As a winger those weakness will be less likely to be exposed. And if exposed would be less costly. However he's too slow to be a winger. And his dribbling is pretty meh as well.

Tbh I can't think of a position that he can do okay to stay in the PL. His level is probably championship or even lower. And the most important thing is he needs to stop thinking he's a new Ronaldinho and play much simpler. He needs to cut off those fancy tricks that he think he can but actually can't. That way he may probably become a decent player for a championship team.

I don't hate the lad. I actually had high hope for him after the his loans. He works really hard, really agressive and always gives his all. He just doesn't have the talent required, unfortunately. The sooner he leaves us and moves to a lesser team the better for both. That's all I think.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don’t get Pereira’s problem. He has really good technique but is quite useless.
One of those players I still have hope that can improve cause the fundamentals are there.

jem

Martial is usually a very quiet nice guy, and he looked like he gonna punch Pereira. He seemed pretty pissed.
Slight exaggeration - it looked like a mildly serious discussion.

E-mal

I don’t get Pereira’s problem. He has really good technique but is quite useless.
One of those players I still have hope that can improve cause the fundamentals are there.
He's not quick in the mind, that's a necessary ingredient to play top flight football. It takes him ages to make a decision and lacks spatial awareness.

E-mal

He did well last night. Certainly compared to Mata, Lingard and James in the first half anyway.

He carried the ball with a bit more purpose and looked as though he could make something happen. Nothing spectacular but it's a start.
Pre-season Pereira as someone on YouTube would say.

led_scholes

He's not quick in the mind, that's a necessary ingredient to play top flight football. It takes him ages to make a decision and lacks spatial awareness.
I think it is a mix of lacking awareness (or not quick in the mind as you put jt) with need of showing off.

E-mal

I think it is a mix of lacking awareness (or not quick in the mind as you put jt) with need of showing off.
The reason he always look OK in preseason is the lack of intensity. It affords him time to make up his mind. In comeptetive games, he is not afforded that time.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

It's the opposite. All season he's been decent when played at #10 or on the right ('decent' when compared to Lingard and Mata that he was competing with anyway) and atrocious when played in midfield. That's why he was being picked ahead of the other two for those roles for the first few months of the season. It was quite obvious he was playing better than them on the individual level and the team as a whole was also stronger with him than with them. Unfortunately for Pereira we then had that period with all the injuries and we had to drop him back into the midfield, and his terrible performances there seem to have been held against him as Mata and Lingard were moved back ahead of him in the pecking order for the attacking positions and he hasn't really been given an opportunity to win that spot back.

Against LASK he was on the left wing and unsurprisingly looked better. Not great, but a lot better than he does when played deeper.

Bebestation

It's the opposite. All season he's been decent when played at #10 or on the right ('decent' when compared to Lingard and Mata that he was competing with anyway) and atrocious when played in midfield. That's why he was being picked ahead of the other two for those roles for the first few months of the season. It was quite obvious he was playing better than them on the individual level and the team as a whole was also stronger with him than with them. Unfortunately for Pereira we then had that period with all the injuries and we had to drop him back into the midfield, and his terrible performances there seem to have been held against him as Mata and Lingard were moved back ahead of him in the pecking order for the attacking positions and he hasn't really been given an opportunity to win that spot back.

Against LASK he was on the left wing and unsurprisingly looked better. Not great, but a lot better than he does when played deeper.
He played as a winger whilst on loan didnt he?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Most of the time he played on wide area when I watched him during his loan season.

We'll always have Pereira, Lingard & Mata type of player like how we used to have Bardsley, Richardson, Eagles or Gibson. You just can't have the three of them in the same squad, I think this is where United will need to get rid 1 or even 2 of them. I think Pereira is likely to stay due to his age & his contract is the longest one among the three.

I don't think he'll ever make it longer but the guy still has plenty of time to make improvement and who knows next.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I tend to agree with this, it also explains why he can perform at a higher level individually against certain lower level teams. Where the tempo isn't so high he seems to thrive and he would probably do very well in another league. He doesn't seem to step up quite enough in the PL, and yeah sure he has improved his pressing game and other aspects but he remains a bit slow in certain situations especially in midfield similar to Pogba.

EnelDoobacabra

He is unfortunately the biggest scapegoat in the team right now, and has been the second biggest one all season after Lingard. This is despite having a far superior season to Lingard in almost every capacity. But people need someone to tear down I guess. It's a sort of shameful aspect of some of our fanbase. He did well against LASK. I doubt he will get another appearance this season save for maybe a very brief cameo substitution against (probably) Sevilla.

lex talionis

We really should be thinking about Pereira only as a squad man, as there's no chance he'll ever come close to the level of Bruno, Pogba or Matic. In the rotation with Fred and McTominay to fill in whenever needed I don't have a problem with him. I would like to bring in higher quality cover for Bruno.

Mickson

He is unfortunately the biggest scapegoat in the team right now, and has been the second biggest one all season after Lingard. This is despite having a far superior season to Lingard in almost every capacity. But people need someone to tear down I guess. It's a sort of shameful aspect of some of our fanbase. He did well against LASK. I doubt he will get another appearance this season save for maybe a very brief cameo substitution against (probably) Sevilla.
He's not as good as Lingard. Lingard has shown against teams like City away that he can be useful in certain kinds of games. Pereira, however, is woeful in every game he is playing. How is he a good squad player? Where can he play and be useful? A shit footballer with no real role on the pitch or in our squad. Should be sold asap.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's not as good as Lingard. Lingard has shown against teams like City away that he can be useful in certain kinds of games. Pereira, however, is woeful in every game he is playing. How is he a good squad player? Where can he play and be useful? A shit footballer with no real role on the pitch or in our squad. Should be sold asap.
He's not as good as Lingard was a couple of seasons ago. He's been better than Lingard has been this season.

In the first few months of the season when Pereira was being played in the more attacking positions he was doing decently well, much better than both Lingard and Mata. It was only once we had the injury crisis and dropped him back into the central midfield that he turned to shit, and most of his starts since then have been in that deeper position and unsurprisingly he continues to be poor in those matches.

stevoc

He's not as good as Lingard was a couple of seasons ago. He's been better than Lingard has been this season.

In the first few months of the season when Pereira was being played in the more attacking positions he was doing decently well, much better than both Lingard and Mata. It was only once we had the injury crisis and dropped him back into the central midfield that he turned to shit, and most of his starts since then have been in that deeper position and unsurprisingly he continues to be poor in those matches.
Indeed but thats a very low bar as Lingard has looked atrocious this year, he's put in some of the worst performances i've seen of any United player in 30 years. Pereira isn't good enough sadly, he tries but just doesn't have the quality. He could do with a move away where he could have a lesser tam built around him, in that scenario i think he would do well.

Lewnited

Agree with some of what's been said here. There seems to be a certain archetype of player who's brain seems to move half a second too slow for top level football... unfortunately this seems to be where Pereira fits:lol:
However I do think as he matures with age he'll improve, hopefully he'll come to realise he won't always have 10 seconds on the ball. He does have a good technical skillset though, could be a useful squad player if he puts it all together over the next couple years.

Mr PG

Not athletic enough is his main problem. Not fast or strong enough is the source of all the other problems as he tries to over compensate.
Technically he’s very good if you watch him in preseason when opponents are not too aggressive.

0le

You are joking right? It looked like a completely normal conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.