5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

He's always good in preseason, I expect him to be underwhelming once the season starts though.

He is a total liability off the ball. He also has no clue on how to win the ball without fouling.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think he has good skills in isolation, which can be seen with his set-piece ability — great curling shots, crosses etc. He thrives in games with little resistance, when he has time on the ball, but needs to act faster if he wants to perform on a higher level. It's great to see a good cross from a corner though, it's been a while!

SteveW

Excellent. Easily his best and most authoritative performance since last seasons tour.

Any chance he'd ever do it in a proper game for us?

Glad to hear he had a good game, he's always had the quality. He just needs to play without fear and be more consistent.

kiristao

So no holding mid and no mid general?
How does replacing Mata, who plays on the hole behind the striker, with Periera will cause us to lose a midfield general and a holding midfielder? Aren't Pogba and Mctominay doing that role at the moment?

Hammondo

How does replacing Mata, who plays on the hole behind the striker, with Periera will cause us to lose a midfield general and a holding midfielder? Aren't Pogba and Mctominay doing that role at the moment?
No neither of them play either of those roles.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pereria surprised me today, he was really good.
Lovely ball from the corner, he could be important for his set pieces alone this season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I do not mean in friends against terrible teams, I mean in proper matches, neither can play them properly.
We'll probably see this season!
Pogba's role wasn't too disimilar to the one he played in the World Cup I thought, thought I could be misremembering. Don't see why he can't play like that in the league.

Hammondo

We'll probably see this season!
Pogba's role wasn't too disimilar to the one he played in the World Cup I thought, thought I could be misremembering. Don't see why he can't play like that in the league.
Well he very often neglects his role and just goes into attack, that's my problem with him.

Web of Bissaka

He has good techniques, can do pretty much everything.

:D First time I see him in our shirt where he dictate plays and seriously express his arrays of talents on display. Last time he did this is the Granada loan days, awesome there.
More like this please. I like that he moved a lot at deep positions to receive a lot of possession from our defenders, which especially with Jones and Smalling, no build-up problems today as a result.

Set-piece deliveries, passings, crossings, ball-carrying, turning and being a shooter threat at the hole are still his best traits. Instead of being a jack of all, maybe he could start sharpening those fangs of his. Not today, but usually it's too inconsistent and lack accuracy.

Stacks

I think he will come good, he has some great things in his locker.
He will only get better with more minutes.
had 2800 La Liga mintutes followed by 1500 minutes the following season and showed no improvement. He'll improve but probably not by much. I sense another Lingard here.
Wonderful midfield performance. Has the potential to run matches in the future as long as he stays on this path. I like him a lot as a player.
Maybe in the Championship as Tom Cleveley also did. Did you not watch Andreas in the EPL last season?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His assist doesn't surprise me at all as he used to do that at Valencia from the right wing.

His attacking skills are more and more appreciated and hopefully Ole will use him better than Jose did.

Mickson

I think he has good skills in isolation, which can be seen with his set-piece ability — great curling shots, crosses etc. He thrives in the games with little resistance, when he has time on the ball, but needs to act faster if he wants to perform on the higher level. It's great to see a good cross from a corner though, it's been a while!
Exactly this. His composure isn't great and he lacks physically. His neither fast or strong, and if you aren't you have to be quick with the ball and a great passer. And he just isn't there. What's always strikes me is how rash he is with his passing. He isn't a bad player by any means but can't see him be good enough ever. Remember he's 24 in six months.

Raven

Exactly this. His composure isn't great and he lacks physically. His neither fast or strong, and if you aren't you have to be quick with the ball and a great passer. And he just isn't there. What's always strikes me is how rash he is with his passing. He isn't a bad player by any means but can't see him be good enough ever. Remember he's 24 in six months.
So you might even say he's 23?

Sea-Cow

He's always good in preseason, I expect him to be underwhelming once the season starts though.

He is a total liability off the ball. He also has no clue on how to win the ball without fouling.
Well said. He is completely ineffective defensively. He has the effort of buzzing around, and he appears to be putting pressure on opponents, but he never wins the ball. He doesn't force mistakes. The other team can keep possession and pass through us at will. Its very strange.

DoomSlayer

I think Pereira is one of the players that will benefit from improving his fitness condition. Being a hard working technical midfielder can help with his issues in the defensive side of the game.

LuessiT

I think Pereira is one of the players that will benefit from improving his fitness condition. Being a hard working technical midfielder can help with his issues in the defensive side of the game.
Pereira probably was one of the fittest players on last year's squad. He works a lot, just not efficiently.

DoomSlayer

Pereira probably was one of the fittest players on last year's squad. He works a lot, just not efficiently.
I see what you mean, maybe his issue is to do with awareness on the pitch, something I think McTominay hugely excels in, both on and off the ball.

Like people have said, Pereira's biggest problem is when he is off the ball so I was thinking that improving his fitness even more might give him that ability to make up for some of the defensive mistakes.

Anyway, this is probably his last chance to prove himself, either he steps up or he will get sold next summer.

LuessiT

I see what you mean, maybe his issue is to do with awareness on the pitch, something I think McTominay hugely excels in, both on and off the ball.

Like people have said, Pereira's biggest problem is when he is off the ball so I was thinking that improving his fitness even more might give him that ability to make up for some of the defensive mistakes.

Anyway, this is probably his last chance to prove himself, either he steps up or he will get sold next summer.
There is no way we sell him next summer. He's the perfect squad player. Home grown, fills multiple roles, locked into a cheap contract and wants to be here. There is no reason to sell him even if he doesn't reach his potential.

Mickson

There is no way we sell him next summer. He's the perfect squad player. Home grown, fills multiple roles, locked into a cheap contract and wants to be here. There is no reason to sell him even if he doesn't reach his potential.
I'm not so sure he wants to be here if he's not playing much. He wanted to go on loan under Mourinho, even though Mou didn't want him to. I can see him have bigger ambitions than warming the bench at United.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
had 2800 La Liga mintutes followed by 1500 minutes the following season and showed no improvement. He'll improve but probably not by much. I sense another Lingard here.

Maybe in the Championship as Tom Cleveley also did. Did you not watch Andreas in the EPL last season?
I've watched him yes, but I've also watched a player like Kante go from a decent at best prospect one season to an extremely good PL player the next two years. Midfielders particularly might surprise you when they get experience, maturity, and settles in a role. Matic, Scholes, Pirlo etc. used to be attacking midfielders but found a new level when they matured. I wouldn't rule out that happening to Andreas at this moment in time, however it probably needs to be this season he shows us something new in terms of consistency, so we'll know soon enough. Lets anticipate something good instead of moaning please, you have now way of knowing if he turns a corner under Ole, not in his age.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It sounds like he'll feature a fair bit more this season so hopefully he can sustain some good form.

LuessiT

I'm not so sure he wants to be here if he's not playing much. He wanted to go on loan under Mourinho, even though Mou didn't want him to. I can see him have bigger ambitions than warming the bench at United.
Mourinho that dropped him after a bad game never to be seen again a year later? He made the right decision. He just extended his contract - obviously he wants to be here.

Raven

I thought last season, like Fred, he was struggling to adjust to the league and his confidence dropped. I think he has the ability to play for us, in what capacity, I don't know. As Harms pointed out, he has all the skills, it's my view that he just needs to put them together.

On you're other comment, I just don't understand why you're pointing out that he's 24 in 6 months. He's not some fecking 6 year old who's 6 and a half. He's 23.

SATA

Good today but it's a pre-season game. When it matters, he falls quite short. So where is his best position? At the base of a midfield three or further up as a 8? It's rather weird because i don't see him having a specialized position or one that very much suits his strengths to

Stacks

I've watched him yes, but I've also watched a player like Kante go from a decent at best prospect one season to an extremely good PL player the next two years. Midfielders particularly might surprise you when they get experience, maturity, and settles in a role. Matic, Scholes, Pirlo etc. used to be attacking midfielders but found a new level when they matured. I wouldn't rule out that happening to Andreas at this moment in time, however it probably needs to be this season he shows us something new in terms of consistency, so we'll know soon enough. Lets anticipate something good instead of moaning please, you have now way of knowing if he turns a corner under Ole, not in his age.
Scholes and Pirlo actually had superb natural ability. Andreas does an occasional long shot or cross and people think he is Xavi! I just don't know when he was ever good. Reminds me of Cleverley

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Luxury player. Clueless positioning in defensive transitions. Still makes questionable decisions when he's got the ball in high-risk transitions.
Pretty dribbling skills and a good long shot and corner from him though. Slaps him perfectly into 'luxury player' role.

Should not and will not ever be a starter in any game that matters.

Exact reason why he's always been the star of preseason games and has otherwise been unremarkable for 5 or so seasons now.

jesperjaap

Yeah he was good in preseason last year, didnt get many opportunities but didnt take them either. I dont understand why Mourinho played him as the ancho man, isnt good enough defensively or clued up to whats around him to play that role. All very well trying a Pirlo if you are a dominating side, which we certainly are not currently.

Still think he is a talented player who just needs a run of games and confidence, but I think he can be a valuable squad player rather than a first team player.....that kind of negates against the gaining confidence though

Status
Not open for further replies.