Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was sent to two different clubs on loan in Spain and didn't impress regards being a first team player at United IMO. I was expecting him to be moved on in the summer but he's ended up being part of the squad and even starting games for us. It's been clear for a while he isn't good enough, but for some strange reason he's starting games for us, which is mind boggling.

redshaw

He was sent to two different clubs on loan in Spain and didn't impress regards being a first team player at United IMO. I was expecting him to be moved on in the summer but he's ended up being part of the squad and even starting games for us. It's been clear for a while he isn't good enough, but for some strange reason he's starting games for us, which is mind boggling.
Ole was impressed with his attitude at the end of last season and thinks he can be useful and a valuable asset.

I would've sold him or loaned him if no buyers. He's a trier and that's it, can't do any position well. It will be the downfall of Ole in trusting players as poor as these.

All we can hope for is he's a late developer and will suddenly click, he should've been playing in the Belgium or Dutch league for the last few years and try to establish himself in a position, no way should he be at United let alone starting.

red4ever 79

Is not and never will be good enough for us. Struggles in the English game. Doesnt like being pressed, doesnt like the physicality of the EPL. Shows how far we have fallen Gave the ball away at almost every opportunity yesterday. People question our start to the season but how can you be surprised. Young, Lingard, Pererira, Mata, Rashford. Mid table team

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This is the one I really disagree with the club about. He’s fecking pants. Really don’t see what they see in him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yet another overhyped nothing player from the academy. The caf was convinced 2-3 years ago that he was the solution to all our creative vows in midfield, and that the managers were stupid for sending him out on loan instead of using him.

And now that he's a proven dud they move on to overhyping the next bunch of kids. We'll all of a sudden start winning again when the magnificent class of 19 start getting games. Rinse and repeat.

Kostov

Ole was impressed with his attitude at the end of last season and thinks he can be useful and a valuable asset.

I would've sold him or loaned him if no buyers. He's a trier and that's it, can't do any position well. It will be the downfall of Ole in trusting players as poor as these.

All we can hope for is he's a late developer and will suddenly click, he should've been playing in the Belgium or Dutch league for the last few years and try to establish himself in a position, no way should he be at United let alone starting.
The thing is, yesterday he didn’t even do that properly imo. He looked like he lacked focus and disinterested about what is happening around him. As many have said this is the last season or half a season he was going to get. Can’t imagine him playing like that and staying beyond that. On the other hand we are a club that is still paying a wage to the likes of Young, Lingard and Jones so we will probably give him way more time than he deserves it.

In Rainbows

Yet another overhyped nothing player from the academy. The caf was convinced 2-3 years ago that he was the solution to all our creative vows in midfield, and that the managers were stupid for sending him out on loan instead of using him.

And now that he's a proven dud they move on to overhyping the next bunch of kids. We'll all of a sudden start winning again when the magnificent class of 19 start getting games. Rinse and repeat.
So because Pereira failed, now everyone else coming from the academy should fail. Brilliant.

Godfather

Really thought he was better than this...
On what basis? Genuine question as there seem to be quite a few on here who had high hopes for him. His loan spells have been utterly dissapointing and whenever he was called up for us and it wasn't a meaningless pre season game he was pants.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
So because Pereira failed, now everyone else coming from the academy should fail. Brilliant.
No, but you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket which is exactly what Ole is moving towards doing. Looking to recreate a once in a lifetime phenomenon is madness.

Moiraine

Should never have been dropped for Lingard after first game
I would give Fred a Chance though and play him for continuous 7-8 games.

Dungarvanred

What more is there to add? A very poor performance from a player who's role is unclear, who doesnt have any obvious stand out strengths and, crucially, shows no sign of improving. Ole needs to be ruthless after that performance. If this is a write off season of rebuilding then we aren't building anything with Andreas Pereira I'm afraid. It will be a good indicator of where Ole is at if that performance is tolerated.

Stacks

What more is there to add? A very poor performance from a player who's role is unclear, who doesnt have any obvious stand out strengths and, crucially, shows no sign of improving. Ole needs to be ruthless after that performance. If this is a write off season of rebuilding then we aren't building anything with Andreas Pereira I'm afraid. It will be a good indicator of where Ole is at if that performance is tolerated.
Signed a long contract in the Summer

Adnan

Talent Spotter

2-3 years ago the Caf was convinced Memphis Depay was the new Robben. The Caf was also convinced Di Maria and Falcao were gonna lead us to titles, me included..:nervous:

You don't stop promoting highly rated youth talents because someone from 3 years ago failed. You also don't stop buying players from abroad for the same reason.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No, but you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket which is exactly what Ole is moving towards doing. Looking to recreate a once in a lifetime phenomenon is madness.
We haven't put all our eggs in one basket though. We've broke the world transfer record for Harry Maguire and signed AWB for £50m.

The players the club wanted were not available, and it seems we're gonna bide our time and get the right profile of player (Sancho) rather than move for a inferior variant. Which I'm in favour of tbh.

The current crop of academy graduates are the best I've seen come through the ranks since the Ravel and Pogba days. And blocking their path to the first team are players who have been underwhelming for years now.

Raw

He's a nothing player with a handful of good games in his United career. Says a lot that no one really knows where his best position is.

He shouldn't be on of the main back ups, he should be way down in the pecking order.

Based Adnan

Not a right winger to the shock of absolutely nobody. Play him at 10 and he'll give us more than Lingard and Mata will.

In Rainbows

Not a right winger to the shock of absolutely nobody. Play him at 10 and he'll give us more than Lingard and Mata will.
Doubt it. He's not particularly creative. When he played as a 10 for our youth sides, he looked for his shot more than providing great balls for his teammates. That's why I preferred Januzaj at the 10 spot and Gribbin who came after Pereira for the 10 spot.

That's not what is happening though in regards to these young players. We have no internal options left to solve our midfield crisis, so not trying them out is shooting yourself in the foot. Nobody is saying they're a guarantee to save us. Well, there might be a few posters doing that, but you should ignore them.

We have no idea why we didn't get midfielders. You might be right and it was Ole's fault. It could be because the board didn't think we needed any more signings. We don't know yet.

Canagel

I used to have high hopes for him and thought he was getting mismanaged by getting loaned but I realised he's not good enough. nearly 24 years old and you don't even have a best position is unheard of. Hes played at DM, CM, 10 and RW already. If he was truly great he would have learned one position properly and excelled in it.

snowkarl

I used to have high hopes for him and thought he was getting mismanaged by getting loaned but I realised he's not good enough. nearly 24 years old and you don't even have a best position is unheard of. Hes played at DM, CM, 10 and RW already. If he was truly great he would have learned one position properly and excelled in it.
Maybe in 2 years you'll have the same realization about Pogba. Really looking forward to it.

Just ponder for a few minutes whether or not you're doing the same with some of the others you're feverishly defending to the hilt regardless of performances.

haram

Maybe in 2 years you'll have the same realization about Pogba. Really looking forward to it.

Just ponder for a few minutes whether or not you're doing the same with some of the others you're feverishly defending to the hilt regardless of performances.
There is a BIG difference between defending Pogba and defending Andreas Pereira.

Canagel

Pogba at Andreas age currently had already lined up alongside Iniesta, Messi and CR7 in the world XI. Don't be foolish. There's absolute levels in football and a few levels between Andreas Periera and PP. I also defended other players because they deserved it and critized because they deserve it but of course you wouldn't care to mention it too.

OoopsMisclick

We haven't put all our eggs in one basket though. We've broke the world transfer record for Harry Maguire and signed AWB for £50m.

The players the club wanted were not available, and it seems we're gonna bide our time and get the right profile of player (Sancho) rather than move for a inferior variant. Which I'm in favour of tbh.

The current crop of academy graduates are the best I've seen come through the ranks since the Ravel and Pogba days. And blocking their path to the first team are players who have been underwhelming for years now.
That's not how it works though.
We need to buy these "inferior" players because the top players don't want to join this united side.
Next year, when De Gea and Pogba leave and no top 4 has been accomplished, why would, let's say Sancho, even want to join?

I much rather had an "inferior" player for this year on a low-ish salary that helps us achieve top 4, then to have no player and fail top 4.
Building takes several years and little by little you improve on the players you have. That means those inferior players will be shifted out after 2 years.
That's how it normally works

United is not the powerhouse it used to be. Out of the top 6, we might edge Arsenal and Chelsea due to the wages we offer.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's obviously not true but he's spot on about the enormous gap between expectations and reality when it comes to the way that academy players are rated on here. Been that way for as long as I've been posting on this place. The only other aspect of these sort of discussions that is as predictable as the wild over-rating of our kids is the complete lack of patience (and often blatant vitriol) shown to homegrown players, while they're still learning the game, or filling in as squad players.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: You can't be serious Karl.

We all had high hopes for Pereira but he just doesn't seem to have that next level like we expected.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Think Gomes, Garner and Chong will start to replace him in the squad. Three years ago I thought he had all the attributes to make it United, but apart from a few moments, he has not been consistent enough, or progressed sufficiently to be a regular member of the starting line up. I think his best position is as a 10, but I think Gomes may get that position in time. He may well be suited more to Spanish or Italian leagues, although he can certainly mix it. He will certainly be here this season, can't see us getting rid of anyone in January, so will possibly get a few more chances. Would love to see him seize his chance, but that is more in hope than with any real confidence. It's a shame that players like Pereira are constantly targeted on here by people who have probably never played the game, and certainly not at the top level. Any player, however limited or otherwise, who puts everything into their performance on the pitch, deserves supporting, and not treated like a pariah.

dabeast

Had initial promise on loan in Spain, but not enough progression since to be Manchester United quality. Good squad player, though.

Johnbouche

We are short in midfield and really lack options but this guy is not good enough for Man Utd. I doubt he would start in any other premierships starting 11, which just shows how short we are. Him and Pogba constantly giving the ball away on Saturday must have given Ole nightmares but at least Pogba gives you some things you can be positive about. However Pereria doesn't give you anything, he is living off one good strike from last season.

SATA

He definitely tries but is simply not good enough. It’s so easy to knick the ball off him once he feels under pressure and crumbles. Doesn’t help that he’s small and his ball retention isn’t very good

I worry Angel Gomes although he has a better technical ability will feel the same if he’s brought up to the first team too soon

Crashoutcassius

I have zero problem with him being in the squad. 1) we didn't buy 15 players so need bodies 2) he is very versatile In that he has played many positions over the years 3) he appears to have an excellent attitude 4) he can strike a ball. Lastly, even i am surprised at how poor he has been and i was in the threads that wanted to see him starting the last few years pointing out that he couldn't get in the Valencia team.

I don't think it's impossible he improves. Anyone that bases their game knowledge on fifa thinks it's a mechanical relational between age and progress. He is playing regular premiership football for the first time in his career right now and can improve.

That said there's no way he is in our best 11 and if he doesn't improve a lot over the season I wouldn't expect to see him get many minutes beyond this year

MadMike

Very disappointing game from him. Quite loose first touch and ball retention not good enough.

Last edited:

Based Adnan

He isn’t. Mata and Lingard have shown quality, Andreas never has.
As I said before Andreas has shown more than Mata and Lingard this season despite playing out of position. I don't care what they've shown in the past, I'm talking who is the best option in the 10 right now.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's shit but truth is that we are the 6th 7th or 8th team in the league and this guy should be playing for the 10th team of the league.

He's not the standard we need, but we are also awful

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As I said before Andreas has shown more than Mata and Lingard this season despite playing out of position. I don't care what they've shown in the past, I'm talking who is the best option in the 10 right now.
Mata was far better against Southampton then Andreas has been so far this season.

El Zoido

This is the one I really disagree with the club about. He’s fecking pants. Really don’t see what they see in him.
That’s an overreaction, he’s just rather average. Never seen anything special in him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.