5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Is there a video of that huge step over he did in the second half?

Renegade

Dont understand the logic of him playing on the right.
He can whip a good cross in, but we rarely have anyone in the box and no forward who is comfortable heading the ball. Also Ole wants Lingard in the middle at all costs, which means Pogba deeper and Andreas shifted out wide. It’s baffling.

Alabaster Codify7

Pereira is nowhere near good for United but last night wasn't a bad performance in my opinion. Now granted, that is based on his standard being very low but in terms of calling what you actually see, Pereira last night was not a problem.

SambaBoy

If he can play like that on a more consistent basis then he could be a useful player. I think his problem will be nailing down a position, he's not really a winger or a CM, and nowhere near creative enough to be a number 10.

chicha14

One thing he definitely has over Lingard is he doesn't give up until the 90th minute and he keeps running and trying to get himself involved one way or another. I would like to see him play as a 10 ahead of Lingard once Martial is fit and Rashy goes wide right.

Utdstar01

He actually has an end product and is creative and while it's not consistent, hes a far better option than Lingard or Mata.

tob

I have no clue why Solskjær persist on playing him on the right wing. He has a good right foot and relatively good technique. He has a good strike in him and he’s shown he can put in a curler. So why the feck waste him on the right hand side? To put in a good cross? To whom?!
He should either be played central or on the left. That’s the two positions you get the most out of him. I’d prefer him on the left. Sort of in a way Liverpool used Coutinho.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Work rate is fine but he just doesn't excel at anything.

WhoScorred have him at 68% passing accuracy. That can't be right can it? Thought he did well enough in possession.
While I don't think he excels at it, I do think he's quite a good crosser and a fairly good ball-carrier. It's not enough but it's something.

As for the passing, I can believe that, to his credit he does actually try some risky passes but they don't really work out as often as he'd like.

Oldham

He's clearly not good enough to be a starter for United. But at least he's not hiding and scared of receiving the ball, like some of our players...
I thought he's decent yesterday...

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's clearly not good enough to be a starter for United. But at least he's not hiding and scared of receiving the ball, like some of our players...
I thought he's decent yesterday...
Yeah I thought he did well last night, I was surprised he got replaced.

TheForgottenOne

Read a fun blog bij OptaPro about a developed stat called Possession Value (PV). It's a small sample size ofcourse, since this season has just started, but Pereira has apparantly statisticly been our most valuable player in possession. A bit funny considering the stick he has been getting by many.

Inserted the image here but it's shown as a huge image so took it away.

Vissy

Read a fun blog bij OptaPro about a developed stat called Possession Value (PV). It's a small sample size ofcourse, since this season has just started, but Pereira has apparantly statisticly been our most valuable player in possession. A bit funny considering the stick he has been getting by many.

Inserted the image here but it's shown as a huge image so took it away.
Can you just not link the blog

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think if we have a good striker who is aerially good, he will get lot of assists. His crosses are bloody good.

Asger

Hopefully he will get a chance in his position now after Lingard injury.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's better than Mata & Lingard but not good enough to be in our XI. Certainly best choice to start over Lingard & Mata. Got good cross, good work rate & im a little dissapointed he hasn't take many corners.

DoomSlayer

I don’t dislike Pereira as some apparently do but he’s really not set the world alight. But it does my head in when he’s continuously picked at RW. Why? If he’s going to get an extended run in the team, play him in the middle at least.
I really hope we try Dalot on the right and play Andreas as the CAM. This way we have a dynamic player in the middle and someone who can take a defender on the flank.

TrustInOle

Always felt Andreas was one of thoses players that gets moved around positionally quite alot, and no doubt wont be having a positive affect on his development. The fact we let him leave on loan to valencia, who had no intention of playing him in his natural position, is bad development, when we loan a player out, the very least is they should be allowed to develop in their natural position.

These new stats show he is our most creative player, and on the pitch he never shys from a pass, likes to get stuck in a challenge and has a very good turn of direction. Having him as the number 10 gives you a mixture of lingard and Mata, with his energy and passing awareness, so find it highly confusing as to why he isnt getting this chance.

Rashford/ Dalot.......Andreas......James
Martial

This would be my first choice 4 when everyone is fit, Rashford has shown he can be effective on the RW, and would take his greed aspect out the equation, if not, Dalot will actually keep width and give us an option on the right for now.

Hammondo

Always felt Andreas was one of thoses players that gets moved around positionally quite alot, and no doubt wont be having a positive affect on his development. The fact we let him leave on loan to valencia, who had no intention of playing him in his natural position, is bad development, when we loan a player out, the very least is they should be allowed to develop in their natural position.

These new stats show he is our most creative player, and on the pitch he never shys from a pass, likes to get stuck in a challenge and has a very good turn of direction. Having him as the number 10 gives you a mixture of lingard and Mata, with his energy and passing awareness, so find it highly confusing as to why he isnt getting this chance.

Rashford/ Dalot.......Andreas......James
Martial

This would be my first choice 4 when everyone is fit, Rashford has shown he can be effective on the RW, and would take his greed aspect out the equation, if not, Dalot will actually keep width and give us an option on the right for now.
I do not think you can play Pogba if you play like this, needs 2 hard workers behind him.

TrustInOle

I do not think you can play Pogba if you play like this, needs 2 hard workers behind him.
I think its about time we move past making it all about Pogba, we should have a system that benefits the team, then its his job to adapt, as we have spent to long adapting for him. I love the guy, and by far our best player, but Andreas is our most creative force so far in the final third, so i feel he has to have a chance to prove himself on his favoured position, when no one else has took the position for themselves.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think its about time we move past making it all about Pogba, we should have a system that benefits the team, then its his job to adapt, as we have spent to long adapting for him. I love the guy, and by far our best player, but Andreas is our most creative force so far in the final third, so i feel he has to have a chance to prove himself on his favoured position, when no one else has took the position for themselves.
I mean, the most important thing is to get the best out of the team. Both of our main midfielders (Pogba and McTominay) would be at their best in a three man midfield, and that would almost certainly be the best thing for the team as a whole. Pogba in that position would then almost certainly far more creative than Andreas in the final third (if he isn't already even in that deep position). Ole doesn't seem to want to play that way though, even though that's what he played when he first took over and we went on that great run.

AkaAkuma

I think he deserves some patience, he showed signs of progression in the last game and has a skill set that would work well in a #8 box to box role. Let him find his feet in the league and we may have a suitable back up for that role. Thats not what people want to hear, but it might save us spending 40m on a John McGinn.

Bondi77

I also think he is worth persevering with as I think he has good technique a good work rate and seems to have more desire than some in the team, he is much better than Fred.

manutddjw

Obviously a player of his talent level shouldn’t be starting for us if we have any ambition of getting back to the top, but I quite like him. He is a decent player who has some good qualities but most importantly for me is he actually has a set of balls. If things don’t work out he doesn’t hide the rest of the game because he’s scared of criticism, he still tries to make something happen. That and he has fight in him.

Newcastle 1:0 Man Utd

Stadjer

When Mourinho never played him i wanted him to get a chance. Now he has his chance and i fully understand why Mourinho never played him.

He is shit. Even his set pieces and crosses are shit and he was supposed to be good at them. Retired David Beckham would an improvement over him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not good enough, never has and never will. Young Newcastle player making his debut looked 3 times the player

Red00012

Look back at the goal and look at him keep Williems onside. Sunday League stuff.

JK-27

Not a Utd player. Was never going to be. And yet somehow Herrera was let go for free for this guy?

RedDevilRoshi

Trying to work out how he is a footballer, never mind a Utd player is like trying to unlock a Da Vinci code.

Status
Not open for further replies.