5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosicsleftpeg

Good assist, utterly useless outside of that. He cant tackle, he cant dribble, he cant pass.

Hes among the worst players i have ever seen play for us, and thats not an exaggeration
I'm with you there, he looks absolutely terrible in midfield. His passing is so inaccurate even when not under any pressure he really struggled.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good assist, utterly useless outside of that. He cant tackle, he cant dribble, he cant pass.

Hes among the worst players i have ever seen play for us, and thats not an exaggeration
As always he'll do one or two good things a game and outside of that the rest of the 10 have to carry him. A CM who pops up every 60 minutes. Bizarre management

redflash

I'm not one for slating united players but he is my least favourite player of all time. He angers me with every single touch. Never seen a player disappoint me as much as this guy. No hes not the worst player in uniteds history...but hes a massive fraud and I cant stand him.

Cant wait for him to be moved on

el3mel

Jose knew that this guy wasn't United quality. He's got a great cross on him, takes a decent set piece but there's just not enough there to recommend him for any particular role. Jack of all trades, master of none.
The problem with the lad is you don't know where to play him. He has some decent qualities like crossing and shooting but his overall game is crap in every position you might think to put him in..midfield, flank etc. You never know what his position should be. He has problems everywhere on the pitch.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We all know that quote from Einstein regarding insanity. Nothing is more insane than playing Andreas in a 2 man midfield expecting anything but a liability

Dante

Average bang
His ability to strike a ball across his body (crosses, corners and freekicks) is his only Premier League level quality.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pereira isn't close to Lingard even as a 10.
So far this season Pereira has been comfortably better. That's more because of how bad Lingard has been rather than Pereira being good, but still. It's up to Lingard to get his shit together and claim that spot back. He had been showing some improvement over the last month or so, but against Villa he was completely invisible.

KrasHammerhand

I want to see him over Lingard, it is more of an indictment of Lingard than any expectations Pereira

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We all know that quote from Einstein regarding insanity. Nothing is more insane than playing Andreas in a 2 man midfield expecting anything but a liability
I bet Einstein didn't have 60 000 passionate fans screaming at him every week to play offensive football with youngsters and never play Matic and Young. Pfft, nerd probably couldn't tell the difference between a leather ball and an orange.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His cross that resulted in Heaton's own goal after Rashford's header hit the post, was one of the few moments of quality from us. Lindelof's header for the 2nd goal, being the only other that I noticed. Rest of Pereira's performance was ordinary.
I think Fred was the one who crossed it for Lindelof’s goal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is such a pointless player and he doesn't have game intelligence at all. His passing is erratic, even the completed ones. He either smashes it to the player's chest or pass it in such a way that it puts the receiving player under pressure. Loses possession, shoots randomly and then concedes cheap fouls when he shouldn't be.

His cross for the goal was very good but apart from that he was very poor.

Ekeke

Jose knew that this guy wasn't United quality. He's got a great cross on him, takes a decent set piece but there's just not enough there to recommend him for any particular role. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Actually he complained when he went out on loan to Valencia, then mystifying decided his future is as a deep DM in front of the defense. His main talents are offensive (Shooting and crossing, a few nice forward passes between the lines) with a bit of pressing, he's never looked like someone who is going to shield the defense or dictate play out of the back with consistent passing. And yet thats where Mourinho decided to play him and try to convert him to that role. Bizarre

Ekeke

The guy can’t play that position at all. He should go back to being a 10 (better than Mata & Lingard there), and we need to put one of Garner, Jones, Shaw or Tuanzabee into midfield to play alongside Fred.
Thats fair. He's been a lot better in the hole than he's been in the past 2 games in CM

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Actually he complained when he went out on loan to Valencia, then mystifying decided his future is as a deep DM in front of the defense. His main talents are offensive (Shooting and crossing, a few nice forward passes between the lines) with a bit of pressing, he's never looked like someone who is going to shield the defense or dictate play out of the back with consistent passing. And yet thats where Mourinho decided to play him and try to convert him to that role. Bizarre
Exactly. He is completely useless in deeper defensive role, position Jose wanted him to play and played him few times. He is less shit as AM/RW where at least he can use his one decent attribute.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Much younger and better than Lingard and Mata. On low wage, hardworker, and stay healthy too. There are so many players that should go before him, if judging by usefulness and potential.

Fred and MacTom were deemed useless, and now improve. I can see Pereira go the same route.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He is a good choice as a squad player, will do his job when we need rotation. it's not his fault that our midfield sucks so much that he ends up starting a lot of games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The 5th best Brazilian midfielder in united history.

Behind Kleberson,Fred, Possebon and Rafael.

He has to be one of the least intelligent players out there. Everybody know Grealish is very right footed, so what does he do? lets him cut inside on his right foot.

Their attacker is shielding the ball, going nowhere and facing the touchline. What does he do? run straight into the back of them like a train with no brakes, and give away a foul. Oh he then proceeds to moan about it! :confused: absolute idiot.

Yes he can put in a decent cross when given time but that doesn't make up his massive deficiencies. He should be nowhere near our team.

King Andow

He has to be one of the least intelligent players out there. Everybody know Grealish is very right footed, so what does he do? lets him cut inside on his right foot.

Their attacker is shielding the ball, going nowhere and facing the touchline. What does he do? run straight into the back of them like a train with no brakes, and give away a foul. Oh he then proceeds to moan about it! :confused: absolute idiot.

Yes he can put in a decent cross when given time but that doesn't make up his massive deficiencies. He should be nowhere near our team.
6th, Anderson was better, even fat. Pereira has 2 good crosses and 1 flukey goal all season. I also don't get the "should play as a 10" comments, unless it's on the championship and not for us. He was bad in the 1st half against Liverpool, meh in the 2nd. Invisible against Norwich, awful with the worst performance I've seen in a while vs Bournemouth and bad again against Brighton.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anderson?
6th, Anderson was better, even fat. Pereira has 2 good crosses and 1 flukey goal all season. I also don't get the "should play as a 10" comments, unless it's on the championship and not for us. He was bad in the 1st half against Liverpool, meh in the 2nd. Invisible against Norwich, awful with the worst performance I've seen in a while vs Bournemouth and bad again against Brighton.
Damn how did I forget about our best one? :D

MadDogg

Pereira has 2 good crosses and 1 flukey goal all season. I also don't get the "should play as a 10" comments, unless it's on the championship and not for us. He was bad in the 1st half against Liverpool, meh in the 2nd. Invisible against Norwich, awful with the worst performance I've seen in a while vs Bournemouth and bad again against Brighton.
Over the course of this season, he's been better at #10 than Lingard and Mata have been. It's really that simple. If we have to choose one of the three, he's been the best. Well, maybe 'least bad' would be the better way of putting it. The other two have been providing 3/10 performances, whereas Pereira has been a 4.5/10. Still not good enough, but it's been better than the other options.

Of course, most of us hope that once we get our injured players back that none of the three will be playing. Hopefully Pogba will take that spot, although playing more as a third midfielder rather than a proper #10.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Over the course of this season, he's been better at #10 than Lingard and Mata have been. It's really that simple. If we have to choose one of the three, he's been the best. Well, maybe 'least bad' would be the better way of putting it. The other two have been providing 3/10 performances, whereas Pereira has been a 4.5/10. Still not good enough, but it's been better than the other options.

Of course, most of us hope that once we get our injured players back that none of the three will be playing. Hopefully Pogba will take that spot, although playing more as a third midfielder rather than a proper #10.
It's pretty clear that Perriera, Mata or Lingard aren't good enough so why not just give Angel Gomes a chance?

Im not saying he's the answer either (I haven't seen enough of him to say) but, it's not like the other three are young and could improve.
They've played hundreds of games between them now and, for over a year now, they've all been consistently terrible.

If this was another supposed 'big club' then there is no way these three are still getting into the squad with the sort of numbers they're putting up.
This is why we're mid-table, if u want to compete with the best then you have to be ruthless, it's as simple as that.

dev1l

Not good enough to play in the double pivot role. tbf he s 5th choice in.that position behind Pogba, Mctominay, Fred and Matic.
Also as a 10 he plays better but still not good enough

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Always liked Pereira, and always thought his best position is as a 10, and I'm sure if he played there regularly he would improve a lot, but whether he could improve enough to make that position his own I'm not sure. Gomes seems a far better player in that position for me. I have no problem with Pereira's commitment, but even I know that you must keep Grealish on his left foot, but he was beaten so comfortably by Grealish for the first goal, I wonder where he can go from here.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Come on, that's harsh.

I prefer to think of him as the 4th best Belgian midfielder in United history - behind Fellaini, Januzaj and Lukaku when he was fecked and couldn't be arsed running into the box.

Red Devil's Advocate

Always liked Pereira, and always thought his best position is as a 10, and I'm sure if he played there regularly he would improve a lot, but whether he could improve enough to make that position his own I'm not sure. Gomes seems a far better player in that position for me. I have no problem with Pereira's commitment, but even I know that you must keep Grealish on his left foot, but he was beaten so comfortably by Grealish for the first goal, I wonder where he can go from here.
He doesn't have the decision making for a #10. He has made such f***all decisions all season whenever in a fantastic position to make a pass.

Lingard's playing style is different but he plays seamlessly with Rashford, Martial and James with those subtle give-and-go's. Pereira on the other hand is about running and shooting (that too horribly)

Red Devil's Advocate

I don't agree with that at all. It could be just because Lingard hasn't really appeared this season due to injury and then has made appearances from the bench, however he has been far more effective than Pereira and that in turn shows how poor Andreas really has been.

MadDogg

I don't agree with that at all. It could be just because Lingard hasn't really appeared this season due to injury and then has made appearances from the bench, however he has been far more effective than Pereira and that in turn shows how poor Andreas really has been.
Lingard started the season as first choice but was so bad he was dropped for Mata after a few games. Of course, Mata was equally as bad so we went back to Lingard again. No improvement there so we moved Pereira into that role where he was comfortably better than the other two had been.

Over the last month or so both Lingard and Mata have been showing signs of improvement while Pereira has dropped off a bit (him being played in midfield hasn't helped) so it wouldn't surprise me if Lingard reclaims that role, but there's no doubt that Pereira was better for the first few months of the season. The other two started the season in absolutely atrocious form and had to be dropped.

MadDogg

It's pretty clear that Perriera, Mata or Lingard aren't good enough so why not just give Angel Gomes a chance?

Im not saying he's the answer either (I haven't seen enough of him to say) but, it's not like the other three are young and could improve.
They've played hundreds of games between them now and, for over a year now, they've all been consistently terrible.

If this was another supposed 'big club' then there is no way these three are still getting into the squad with the sort of numbers they're putting up.
This is why we're mid-table, if u want to compete with the best then you have to be ruthless, it's as simple as that.
I agree that I would have liked to have seen Gomes get a chance. Unfortunately he got injured just as he may have got an opportunity, plus Ole doesn't seem to want to play him in that position.

In Rainbows

Pereira isn't a 10 either. He's not good at creating for others and his first choice is to shoot. You could say the same of Lingard, but Lingard is better at driving with the ball, though this often ends up frustrating fans when his technical quality is substandard which seeps into his decision making. Pereira offers nothing as a 10.

Ekeke

:lol::lol::lol: christ. Kleberson and Possebon did nothing, Fred has been no better than Andreas has this season despite being 3 years older, much more experienced and costing over £50 million.

Pogba wouldnt get half the flack for doing the same thing, which he would do. You don't want an AM defending one on one with a winger like that. Very few will do a good job

Ole picked him as a CM not in the 10 position, to allow Mata to play for some bizarre reason. So this was something that could happen and it did. But obviously you'd want Fred to be the one in that position as the more defensive minded player

Ekeke

Pereira isn't a 10 either. He's not good at creating for others and his first choice is to shoot. You could say the same of Lingard, but Lingard is better at driving with the ball, though this often ends up frustrating fans when his technical quality is substandard which seeps into his decision making. Pereira offers nothing as a 10.
Pereira averages our 4th most key passes this season behind Pogba, Young and Rashford. More than Daniel James, Fred, Lingard, Martial and Mata

He has had a bunch of balls across the box this season that players have messed up when they should have scored. Thats not to say he's a great number 10, he's squad player quality at 23 years old and may no develop beyond that. But he's nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

Lingard has been terrible

Red Devil's Advocate

Pereira averages our 4th most key passes this season behind Pogba, Young and Rashford. More than Daniel James, Fred, Lingard, Martial and Mata

He has had a bunch of balls across the box this season that players have messed up when they should have scored. Thats not to say he's a great number 10, he's squad player quality at 23 years old and may no develop beyond that. But he's nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

Lingard has been terrible
Lingard hasn't even played that regularly this season for you to be making that conclusion.
Case Pereira, stats can lie but performances on pitch won't. Every match he has just offered nothing despite running with the ball and holding on to it for way too long, only to try attempting a worldie from 40 yards out when other players were screaming for the ball. He is the one who has held our front 3 down this year. It was good to give the youngster a chance to prove his worth but maybe it's time to cut our loss and set him free.

Ekeke

Lingard hasn't even played that regularly this season for you to be making that conclusion.
Case Pereira, stats can lie but performances on pitch won't. Every match he has just offered nothing despite running with the ball and holding on to it for way too long, only to try attempting a worldie from 40 yards out when other players were screaming for the ball. He is the one who has held our front 3 down this year. It was good to give the youngster a chance to prove his worth but maybe it's time to cut our loss and set him free.
Neither has Pereira in CM. He's played 2 games there and you've decided he's terrible

Lingard has played 5 games as AMC, Pereira has played 5 games in AMC

He's not holding anyone down

Red Devil's Advocate

Neither has Pereira in CM. He's played 2 games there and you've decided he's terrible

Lingard has played 5 games as AMC, Pereira has played 5 games in AMC

He's not holding anyone down
My opinion is based on his performances as an AMC and a CM and a RW. You can't deflect the persistent criticism on the ground of him being played in a position which made him forget the basic skills that a professional footballer should possess. Yes, he swung in 2 crosses this season but that doesn't give him a clean chit for not possessing a footballing brain.

Ekeke

My opinion is based on his performances as an AMC and a CM and a RW. You can't deflect the persistent criticism on the ground of him being played in a position which made him forget the basic skills that a professional footballer should possess. Yes, he swung in 2 crosses this season but that doesn't give him a clean chit for not possessing a footballing brain.
He's put in lots of good crosses. More than can be said for Lingard or Mata

Red Devil's Advocate

He's put in lots of good crosses. More than can be said for Lingard or Mata
It would be funny to see crosses being attempted from the center of the pitch but yes Andreas can very well be attempting them and making a living out of it. :)

Adcuth

Does anyone remember when Pereira didn't get played and we used to say "Just play him, he's got all the technique and ability to be a great player for us". Remind you of anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.