5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil's Advocate

Does anyone remember when Pereira didn't get played and we used to say "Just play him, he's got all the technique and ability to be a great player for us". Remind you of anyone?
Angel, I am looking at you :)
But, in all honesty, everyone in the first team deserves a chance. Nothing against Andreas but he needs to be dropped and made to work on his game and same holds true for everyone who fails to perform or improve. OGS did the right thing by giving him a run but now it's beyond him so should just give the next one in queue the chance.

On the other hand you have Fred who has put in some good performances this year, albeit not very consistently, and has shown improvement over last season and that's why he should be given more starts.

SAFMUTD

I dont know why Ole keep playing him, his confidence must be crushed after those performances. Better play Matic instead, he is done but surely can be worst than Pereira.

AshRK

A failed midfielder for Granada and Valencia trying to be our saviour. The guy should be sold in summer.

Red Devil's Advocate

Ineffective outing from the lad yet again. Can't remember a single convincing pass and still managed to lose ball a few times :|

Shimo

Goodness - I held out hope for him because of he has a good attitude and fight but, my goodness he really is not even average. Loses possession so easily. About his only quality seems his delivery at times.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
seems like we’re cursed to have an absolutely useless CM always. Matic last year and Periera this year

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
My god - the rate at which he was committing absolute feck ups was astonishing. Horrible technique shielding the ball, bizarre first touch angles and 0 awareness all combined for him to lose the ball at a stupid rate. Toss in the fact that he thinks it's completely justifiable to commit a foul right after losing the ball. Also having to watch him pretend to defend is sad.

Trainwreck of a 'professional' footballer. Belongs on a random playground somewhere where he can make YouTube videos to show how he kicks a deadball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
seems like we’re cursed to have an absolutely useless CM always. Matic last year and Periera this year
Not entirely his fault though, he'd not be playing if not for injuries.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought he did pretty badly after coming on. Failing to properly foul players in transition and losing the ball a few times.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Goodness - I held out hope for him because of he has a good attitude and fight but, my goodness he really is not even average. Loses possession so easily. About his only quality seems his delivery at times.
I won’t say that if you look at his stats and specifically watch the Bournemouth game. He makes Cleverley looks like an actual top player.

This is the one player that Ole can’t improve no matter what. Not Ole’s fault, just something impossible to do.

RedIan

Hes the weakest link in the team. Hopeless in central midfield, crap out wide and very very average at number 10... nice kid get rid.

DoomSlayer

He is so weak physically and I think he has also lost his intensity since the start of the season. Not sure why that has happened and I hope he improves, but right now he doesn't even look like an adequate squad player.

TheReligion

Abusive
We've give the lad a fair chance now. Should be sold in the summer. Can't blame Ole this season for wanting to get a feel for who is up to it long term and who isn't.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Should send him on his way in January. He's not good enough for any top half team in the PL.

I have no idea how he looked so good for Valencia maybe they'll take him again.

He's not defensive or strong enough to be a cdm and not creative enough to Be a playmaker. Just not United quality.

Shimo

What happens in the second half of the season with Perreira is going to be an indication of where Ole stands as manager. He has shown a lot of faith in him, maybe some of it forced due to injury, however Perreira got the benefit of the doubt to start the season and has not justified it so far. Ole needs to be show a bit of ruthlessness towards a liked academy player. He has had one off games of being decent and usually every game, he can put in a good cross or corner but, that's about it. Not sure what it was but, seemed like there was quality bubbling under the surface and he needed time/games but, it just isn't coming through. It's amazing how easily he loses possession through passing, lack of awareness or just being able to be out muscled. Even his bite, a good quality normally, it's just so haphazard that it hurts us more than it helps often. Example, that early foul against Grealish for no reason in their half set the tone for the ref I think to protect Grealish.

Yesterday, when Ole subbed him on, on paper, it is the right move, a more defensive / pressing type player to help see the game out but, his serious lack quality led to him losing the ball needlessly. Begs the question, are any of the youngsters at this point going to be really that much more of a gamble off on the pitch, not to mention at least they get the added benefit of them getting experience.

Crashoutcassius

Felt bad for him yest as he was just so easily knocked off the ball. I know people lump him and lingard into the same box but Andreas just doesn't even seem to have another gear.

The kind of guy who you hope gets a good move and forges a career, wonder is he gold enough for Spain

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He was looking quite good for a while, but was really poor in the last few games, and has shown he pretty much can't play in a 2 in central midfield, while probably not being dynamic enough to be a 10 at a top club. Probably should be his last year with us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think Ole likes him because he's busy and a bit of an nuisance, but my god is he frustrating.

He got rag dolled by Tottenham, it was pretty embarrasing. Usually players that weak have good movement or quick feet/acceleration to get out of trouble, but he just doesn't seem to have it.

He's alright in space where he can turn and pass, but I genuinely think Mata is faster and more physical and that's saying something.

As usual with our academy lads we seem to cherish them and give them every chance available - but he shouldn't be anywhere near this squad, just not good enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Felt bad for him yest as he was just so easily knocked off the ball. I know people lump him and lingard into the same box but Andreas just doesn't even seem to have another gear.
As much as I don't like Lingard, at his best he was at least a solid pro. Linked up well, ran a lot, good movement, good touch, nice burst of pace. Obviously he simply doesn't have the natural talent to keep that going. But in his best phases it came together, sort of.

With Periera, his basic awareness, decision making and physicality is simply not at PL level. I mean these are the absolute basics of playing in the premier league. And he doesn't have it. One nice cross every 60 minutes is not enough. Personally I just don't understand what Ole has seen in him to decide he's first team material. When he had one good game or so under Jose at the start of last season, some of us got fooled. But anyone watching this chap regularly should know.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We've give the lad a fair chance now. Should be sold in the summer. Can't blame Ole this season for wanting to get a feel for who is up to it long term and who isn't.
Agreed, im not even sure he's a good enough squad player to be honest. He just makes far too many errors, I admire his attitude and he certainly tries to give it a go, but his ability just isn't top level.

SAFMUTD

He’s a poor man Jesse Lingard, his best attribute is to run a lot and press, not remotely enough for a creative midfielder.

Has the right attitude, but so do I an neither of us got what it takes to play at ManUtd.

SteveW

The lack of signings left Ole between a rock and a hard place. Nobody can say he didn't do everything he could to try and find a player this guy. It's just not there. Time to stop asking Ole to turn shit into gold and give him an actual squad to work with.

Alabaster Codify7

I cannot believe that Ole saw fit to give this non entity of a player a new long contract this summer.

All it takes to be a United regular in 2019 is the ability to whip in one good cross every 6 games or so.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He can cross the ball very well as we saw today, but he's still not good at it in my eyes since he hits 9 bad crosses for every good one. He's got the United syndrome where he hits it right to the feet of the defender at the first post, and then once every now and then it actually goes where he wants it.

It doesn't matter though since even if he could cross the ball well he's just not good enough to play in the PL and it's become blatantly obvious over the past couple of months.
He's not even Everton quality.

Who would you have out of him and say..Sigurdsson, and he's been crap too

SweetRightFoot

I cannot believe that Matt Judge - Head of contract negotiations and renewals saw fit to give this non entity of a player a new long contract this summer.

All it takes to be a United regular in 2019 is the ability to whip in one good cross every 6 games or so.
Fixed that for you buddy, don't worry though you can go hate on Ole in plenty of other threads.

Alabaster Codify7

Fixed that for you buddy, don't worry though you can go hate on Ole in plenty of other threads.

So let me get this straight. Ole gets credit for signings and 'clearing deadwood' but has no say or input on which players have their contracts renewed? You can't have it both ways mate. Likewise, there are plenty of threads you can go and perform mental gymnastics in to defend and absolve Ole, so go and do it there. Right?

Red Devil's Advocate

So let me get this straight. Ole gets credit for signings and 'clearing deadwood' but has no say or input on which players have their contracts renewed? You can't have it both ways mate. Likewise, there are plenty of threads you can go and perform mental gymnastics in to defend and absolve Ole, so go and do it there. Right?
Renewing contract is just a way to safeguard club's financial interest if the player shows promise. I don't know why you are fussy about it because clubs do it even for those players that they want to sell. In Andreas' case, he probably was earning just peanuts and giving him a raise wouldn't have cost the club a fortune because I am sure he is not at Alexis' level .

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
He really got on my nerves when he was brought on. His lack of pressing and running was embarrassing compared to every other United player.

TheReligion

Abusive
Renewing contract is just a way to safeguard club's financial interest if the player shows promise. I don't know why you are fussy about it because clubs do it even for those players that they want to sell. In Andreas' case, he probably was earning just peanuts and giving him a raise wouldn't have cost the club a fortune because I am sure he is not at Alexis' level .
This. Thought it would be obvious to @Alabaster Codify7 really.

Status
Not open for further replies.