5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Rashford isn't a winger, he is playing as a wide forward hence being the clubs top scorer, and James isn't very good, a young player who just came from the championship. It's not that impressive.
Whatever pal, if you don't think that this squad's Ji Sung Park having the most chances created this season is impressive then fair enough.

NotQuiteManc

He is definitely improving, but not by much. I would give him more time to settle down his nerves because when he was playing in Spain, at least the first time, he was pretty decent. Perhaps, his confidence took a nosedive after Jose tried to shoehorn him into the DM position. He definitely looks far more comfortable as AM, but needs to improve his movement and decision making. For a squad player, he is good to have around especially as sub because he usually tires out around 60th minute when he starts.

Alabaster Codify7

Whatever pal, if you don't think that this squad's Ji Sung Park having the most chances created this season is impressive then fair enough.
Pereira makes Park look like Ronaldo mate. I don't dislike Pereira per se, but he isn't a squad player for a big club - he'd fit in somewhere like Brighton and wouldn't be starting many games for them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nope, I don't think having the most in a team that doesn't create much is impressive at all, I don't think being the best of a rubbish bunch is anything to be impressed about. Especially when your competition is Lingard and James

Raven

Nope, I don't think having the most in a team that doesn't create much is impressive at all, I don't think being the best of a rubbish bunch is anything to be impressed about. Especially when your competition is Lingard and James
Alright then, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Stacks

Still has more than anyone else in our squad so I really don't see your point.
clear cut chances are the better barometer. I imagine other players have actual assists and lay on more golden opps. To be fair he is a good crosser so would not be surprised if he does indeed create clear opps, but I feel he is overall a poo player

Raven

clear cut chances are the better barometer. I imagine other players have actual assists and lay on more golden opps. To be fair he is a good crosser so would not be surprised if he does indeed create clear opps, but I feel he is overall a poo player
I'd be interested to see clear cut chances, I'd say he's up there with those as well. Overall poo player seems a little harsh but I can see why you say it after the last 18 months.

mancan92

You guys are crazy. Pereira would not be starting for any Premier league team except maybe Norwich or Bournemouth. The guy is no where near good enough even to be a squad player. Comparing him to park? Jesus.

Ekeke

You guys are crazy. Pereira would not be starting for any Premier league team except maybe Norwich or Bournemouth. The guy is no where near good enough even to be a squad player. Comparing him to park? Jesus.
We're a premier league team, in the top 5. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier:

What a joker

mancan92

We're a premier league team, in the top 5. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier:

What a joker

Soo? He's been one of our worst players. At the end of the day. He is not the reason we are still within touch of top 4. Players are dragging him not the other way round.

There's loads of average Premier league midfielders who would have performed to a higher level than him.

Ekeke

Soo? He's been one of our worst players. At the end of the day. He is not the reason we are still within touch of top 4. Players are dragging him not the other way round.

There's loads of average Premier league midfielders who would have performed to a higher level than him.
You said he wouldnt get into any team as a starter other than those 2 teams. We're 5th and he gets into our team as a starter. So it was a ridiculous comment

SAFMUTD

He's a good squad player at best, I don't think he'll ever become good enough to be a nailed starter but we need players like him in the squad, unfortunately we have a lot of squad quality players so we have to get rid of a lot of them.

Based Adnan

Complete nonsense

mancan92

You said he wouldnt get into any team as a starter other than those 2 teams. We're 5th and he gets into our team as a starter. So it was a ridiculous comment
He is one of the reasons we are 5th. He drags the team down. If you replaced him with McLean we'd be no worse or better off.

Ekeke

He is one of the reasons we are 5th. He drags the team down. If you replaced him with McLean we'd be no worse or better off.
Yes he is one of the reasons we're 5th, like the rest of the team. Before he was starting as AM we were lower than that

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Pereira can play a role. He is the type of squad player that is needed at a big club. He isn’t on a crazy wage, he works hard and applies himself, he doesn’t shirk responsibility or go missing in games and he isn’t particularly bad at anything.

I don’t think he is a midfielder, but as a number 10 with good players round him, he could easily give a star player a rest next season in lesser games. He is more than capable of playing a role in a better team.

He shouldn’t be a member of the first team, but if he is happy on the bench and being part of the club, it would be far better than getting in someone on twice the wage who isn’t happy with a bit part role, or letting the likes of lingard continue to provide absolutely nothing on a big contract.

He should be allowed a full season or two more while the first team is resolved to fight for his right to be here.

Players like Lingard, Jones and Shaw should be gone first. They have had way more chances and don’t put in half the effort and are on twice the wages.

mancan92

Yes he is one of the reasons we're 5th, like the rest of the team. Before he was starting as AM we were lower than that
Football is a team sport. But you can't tell me that if we had a team all at the level of pereira we would still be 5th. Anyway clearly this is a pedantic point. We have the lowest points total we have ever had. He has been part of that. He is one of the reasons and not in the positive way.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We play Phil Jones occasionally so I don't think our decision making on who plays can be used as a strong point for Pereira getting into other teams.

He's completely unsuited to anything other than pressing and being a bit of a shithouse (which he does well).

He consistently picks the wrong option whilst on the ball and he's very easily bullied and bypassed off it when he isn't bullied off it.

He shows a severe lack of the required quality to play for a good club. The whole world except you and Ole can see that. Maybe that means you're incredibly special but in this instance I highly doubt it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We had Cleverley, Gibson and Anderson for years as squad players when we're still winning trophies.

Raven

He plays a very similar role in this squad to the one Park played in our successful years, I'm not sure how that's controversial.

manunited1919

Of the three games you mentioned, Pereira didn't play against Everton or Watford, and Villa was one of those two games he had in central midfield when nobody else was fit and he was absolutely terrible. Obviously we should have a better starting #10, but equally obviously he's been our best this season. Not amazing, but he's been decent (which instantly puts him significantly ahead of Lingard and Mata).

You got me interested so I actually just looked up the stats and they make interesting reading:

Pereira has started 7 premier league matches this season at #10. We've won 5 of them. The two matches we didn't win included the 1-1 against Liverpool where we were the only team this season to take any points off them. So that means only 1 match out of 7 where we wrongly dropped points (the 1-0 loss against Bournemouth). 16 points out of a potential 21, or 2.28 ppg (points per game).

In the 5 premier league matches where he started on the right wing, we've had 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss. 8 points out of a potential 15, or 1.6 ppg.

In the other 10 matches (which include him playing at CM, him coming on as a late sub, or him not playing at all) we've had 2 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses. 10 points out of a potential 30, or 1 ppg.

As I said, it makes interesting reading. In comparison, Mata's numbers at #10 are 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses (1 ppg), and Lingard's are 3 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses (1.33 ppg).
Excellent post. 2.28 points per game is respectable for a 10, but not the level we really want for MUFC. As you say, 1 of those games was against Liverpool where he was ourbest player. I would also add that playing well at #10 requires some time to settle into the position and get to know instinctively the runs the strikers can make. Pereira has barely had that opportunity and hasn’t really had a run of continuous games in the position, unlike Lingard who has wasted chance after chance for almost a year. People who evaluate the performance of our #10 always mention Lingard and Pereira as if they have had equal opportunity and equal results. Well, Pereira has demonstrated much better results than Lingard with a much more limited opportunity.

manunited1919

Rashford isn't a winger, he is playing as a wide forward hence being the clubs top scorer, and James isn't very good, a young player who just came from the championship. It's not that impressive.
Has it occurred to you a year from now we might be saying something very similar about Bruno? We don’t know if he will adapt to the English game, and if he does, how long it will take for him to adapt. Look at how long it has taken Fred to adapt from being complete rubbish to now being a decent midfielder. What makes you think that Bruno can come into the team and overnight perform better at #10 than Pereira?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Football is a team sport. But you can't tell me that if we had a team all at the level of pereira we would still be 5th. Anyway clearly this is a pedantic point. We have the lowest points total we have ever had. He has been part of that. He is one of the reasons and not in the positive way.
When he's played at #10 we've averaged 2.28 points per game. If that continued over the course of the season we'd be in second at the moment, 3 points ahead of City.

Meanwhile, the games where he hasn't played, came on as a late sub or played in central midfield we've averaged 1 point per game. That would have us sitting one point above the relegation zone.

Now obviously the reality is that he doesn't make THAT much of a difference, but it's almost certain we'd be in the top four at the moment if he had been playing as our #10 all season.

Stacks

Excellent post. 2.28 points per game is respectable for a 10, but not the level we really want for MUFC. As you say, 1 of those games was against Liverpool where he was ourbest player. I would also add that playing well at #10 requires some time to settle into the position and get to know instinctively the runs the strikers can make. Pereira has barely had that opportunity and hasn’t really had a run of continuous games in the position, unlike Lingard who has wasted chance after chance for almost a year. People who evaluate the performance of our #10 always mention Lingard and Pereira as if they have had equal opportunity and equal results. Well, Pereira has demonstrated much better results than Lingard with a much more limited opportunity.
When he's played at #10 we've averaged 2.28 points per game. If that continued over the course of the season we'd be in second at the moment, 3 points ahead of City.

Meanwhile, the games where he hasn't played, came on as a late sub or played in central midfield we've averaged 1 point per game. That would have us sitting one point above the relegation zone.

Now obviously the reality is that he doesn't make THAT much of a difference, but it's almost certain we'd be in the top four at the moment if he had been playing as our #10 all season.
Such a short sample size I thought you were trolling. Does one not want to consider the teams we played against?

Ekeke

Thats his point. He should not be and does not justify his starts
He has no point, we're a team in the premier league, we're 5th much better off than the teams he mentioned and Andreas playing in AM has coincided with us moving up from mid table.

mancan92

Are you serious?

The reason he didn't play consistently wasn't because of injuries its because he was performing below the standard and got dropped.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Has it occurred to you a year from now we might be saying something very similar about Bruno? We don’t know if he will adapt to the English game, and if he does, how long it will take for him to adapt. Look at how long it has taken Fred to adapt from being complete rubbish to now being a decent midfielder. What makes you think that Bruno can come into the team and overnight perform better at #10 than Pereira?
No because Bruno isnt a player who has only played one full season and not even top flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.