Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Good cameo.

I still think for the most part, he complicates matters. There was that chance he went through on goal and he tried to beat 3 players unnecessarily before laying it off at the end.

Do you have a clip of this? @GifLord - It ended up being a shot from McTominay that went wide
which min ?

mu4c_20le

Are you lot pissed haha

he had the whole left hand side and served up nothing

got into the box had a one on one almost as well as 3 United players to pass to...cuts back inside and performs stupid spin followed by poor lay-off to McTom
I know some of you are definitely pissed that he's getting some deserved praise

SirScholes

Good cameo.

I still think for the most part, he complicates matters. There was that chance he went through on goal and he tried to beat 3 players unnecessarily before laying it off at the end.

Do you have a clip of this? @GifLord - It ended up being a shot from McTominay that went wide
That sums him up, yet some how people think he did alright!
Great opportunity loads of space and support, feks it up

mu4c_20le

I’m not angry I’m baffled, there was no difference in quality between him of lingard
But lingard was good too so not sure what your getting at

That sums him up, yet some how people think he did alright!
Great opportunity loads of space and support, feks it up
He has played a total of around 30 minutes after the lockdown and that little bit was the part you focused on? take a break mate

SirScholes

But lingard was good too so not sure what your getting at

He has played a total of around 30 minutes after the lockdown and that little bit was the part you focused on? take a break mate
I could focus on the passes that were missed placed ? Just happens that there is a gif of one piece for a visual aid

lingard was poor

Litch

Flat track bully that will 'play' when there's nothing on the result....

arthurka

Funny how different people see performances, thought he was terrible. Wrong decision every single time..

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is the idea to replace him with Grealish? If so, great idea, and get it done! (though seems like a very expensive bench player)

pascell

Shame because you can see the tools are there, he just needed a coach that would take the time to fine tune them and iron out his flaws when he was younger.

He's better off at another club now to get more gametime, maybe somewhere like Sociedad when they lose Odegaard.

SirScholes

Funny how different people see performances, thought he was terrible. Wrong decision every single time..
I don’t know whether it’s because of the recent years of poor football
But the standard for what passes as “a good cameo” has dropped massively

he had the whole of old Trafford for half an hour and he did nothing, nothing at all

arthurka

I don’t know whether it’s because of the recent years of poor football
But the standard for what passes as “a good cameo” has dropped massively

he had the whole of old Trafford for half an hour and he did nothing, nothing at all
Crazy really, did little but the little he did he did badly.

In Rainbows

Thank you.

I just hate that part of his game. He thinks he's better than he is. If he kept things more simple, he could perhaps be useful.
I think you're looking at this too deeply. I just think he messed up the chance, and the trick was done naturally to get himself out of a situation. I don't think it was planned like you're suggesting. He's not really much of a flair player even if he has it in his locker.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think you're looking at this too deeply. I just think he messed up the chance, and the trick was done naturally to get himself out of a situation. I don't think it was planned like you're suggesting. He's not really much of a flair player even if he has it in his locker.
It's not an isolated incident though. I don't think he planned to do a roulette at the end, but it was how he went from a clear 1vs1 into getting crowded at the end.

And in the end, he scoffs up the entire chance. When he ended up cutting inside, he could have cut back out, taken a shot or played it wide to James, but he kept going to make up for it.

I don't think he's a flair player either. But the problem is that he himself thinks he is.

ti vu

Shame because you can see the tools are there, he just needed a coach that would take the time to fine tune them and iron out his flaws when he was younger.

He's better off at another club now to get more gametime, maybe somewhere like Sociedad when they lose Odegaard.
Sorry to say this but I found it annoying that some of our fans are so stranger to other leagues. Pereira was loaned to a team that eventually relegated in La Liga. He was decent for them, but hardly lifting them. Then he didn't do anything of note at Valencia. He would not even be starter for mid table sides. Real Soceidad this season was whereabouts fighting for CL place for a period. Odegaard played not because Soceidad needed to fill the XI, or that he has pedigree being loaned from a big club, but he performed up to the standard. Januzaj who is much more talented than Pereira ever was, ain't exactly guaranteed starter when he's fit either. Somehow we can wish our deadwood on some other clubs is very disrespectful.

Last edited:

Alemar

Good new hair style, and immediately a performance improvement, same as with Chong.

On a serious note, he shall make decisions faster: dribbling around 3 defenders is good, but sometimes it’s better to just make a pass. That said, he didn’t bottle the opportunity in the manager’s eyes, it was nice to see lively Pereira

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He had one disguised pass that was insane. Class. Would love to see that one again.

Grande

Good new hair style, and immediately a performance improvement, same as with Chong.

On a serious note, he shall make decisions faster: dribbling around 3 defenders is good, but sometimes it’s better to just make a pass. That said, he didn’t bottle the opportunity in the manager’s eyes, it was nice to see lively Pereira
He was lively, his effoet have never been a problem, and we know he’s got good close control and basic technique. For me, though - and as opposed to Lingard - this was a bit more evidence of why he is not really needed in the team: Even when he works hard and uses his technique, his understanding of the game is so much below the other players that he hardly ever makes play more dangerous. He breaks up the flow constantly, still, and that is something you don’t want in a bit part player.

Strelok

He was terrible, tbh it's a big surprise for me that some here think he's done ok.

Sure he looked better than normal, but it's because he played against LASK. Let's be honest here I mean no offense to their players but all of them couldn't and never would make the bench of a championship team. And as a LW, imo Ole gave him a chance to see what he can do as LW because he's hopeless as a CM.

He had load of space, but his decision making and end product stayed the same, aka nothing. Screwed up many chances that a simple pass could do wonder. Guy is delusional af, he seems so confident of skills he just doesn't have. Tbh the sooner we can offload him the better for both. He can't and will never have a career here.

Godfather

Justin had two nice passes when he came on and a lot of bad moments as well. Time to move him on in all honesty

Strelok

Tbh watching him yesterday was exactly like watching your wannabe Ronaldo teammate on a bad day in your Sunday weekly match. Everyone is like "pass the fecking ball idiot, you'll lose the ball" but he doesn't give a sht, go all by himself then loses the ball. Nobody would like to have a teammate like that. It's irritating af.

Litch

Tbh watching him yesterday was exactly like watching your wannabe Ronaldo teammate on a bad day in your Sunday weekly match. Everyone is like "pass the fecking ball idiot, you'll lose the ball" but he doesn't give a sht, go all by himself then loses the ball. Nobody would like to have a teammate like that. It's irritating af.
That's so right. He must say a pray every night thanking God that he's here cause genuinely, I'm not sure what prem team he starts for.....

Eddy_JukeZ

If he shot and it didnt go in you'd be complaining about that too
It would have been far more decisive than what he ended up doing.

But I won't sit here and say I'm a fan of his. I think he's a championship level/relegation level player personally.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't see 'it' with Andreas I'm afraid. I would love him to prove him wrong. However, whenever I watch him I am left feeling that he will never be good enough for Man Utd.

The issue is not his ability its his decision making. I think the speed of the elite game is too much for him. When he has time to take a few touches and consider what he wants to do he has the ability to do it. The problem is that, at the highest level of European football, you never get that time. Its one thing doing it against a tiring and mentally beaten LASK team (and even last night there were times when he held on to the ball too long and squandered our territorial advantage). Its another when you're playing in the Premier League and players are flying at you before you can think of what to do next.

I don't think Andreas is a player for the best leagues, and I think his unremarkable time at Valencia reflects that. Maybe if he played somewhere where the game was less hustle, bustle and there was less closing down, his natural ability would see him enjoy a very good career? That won't be in England, Spain, Italy or Germany IMO.

We should never have renewed his contract. It was unfair on him. He is now playing with expectations on his head that he does not have the capacity to get close to matching. Had we let him go on a freebie he might have found another club, in another league, far more suited to him and been able to really enjoy his football. Instead he's become a figure of pity/fun because we're wanting him to do more than he's capable of.

Woziak

I am so divided on Andreas, I still think he has elite ability but his footballing intelligence is just so non existent, here’s the key question though, he’s what 23/24 can still improve where as Lingard 27/28 and Juan Mata 32/33 can not plus both are on much larger wages do you keep Andreas for 12 months more on his 40k per week wages , thus allowing you to get rid of Juan Mata and Jessy for £250-260k per week when both are clearly in decline , maybe having the opportunity to buy Thomas Draxler and James Rodriguez Who are both available for maybe just £45m combined and similar wages would temp most of us ?
I genuinely think Ole and his staff would say yes to that right now with maybe only a 15m deficit to their transfer budget after selling Jessy and Juan for £30m combined

SSSSnake

He’s a neat and tidy player. Always has been but lacks end product! Nothing to see here.

Web of Bissaka

:lol: Pretty much this!

That's his biggest problem and it's still obvious again yesterday.
His abilities on the ball are really good all-round but it's pointless because he don't know how and when to use it. This is a team match not a show-off individual skills contest.

Seems like the coaches couldn't get this issue into his thick head. Wouldn't surprise me if the thinks he is already that good, seeing no problems with himself at all.

Simply low level of football intelligence.

Web of Bissaka

We have no reason to give up on him yet. It's lingard and Mata who should be going.
We actually do.
How long do we need to keep players?? that doesn't improve at all and at current state, doesn't really contribute enough per season, basically a waste of space in the squad.

I don't know mate, but I'm just not seeing any improvements at all from Andreas Pereira.

16/17 - wow (his professional career starts from this loan)
17/18 - meh
18/19 - same meh
19/20 - same meh

After his impressive Granada loan, my theory is he thinks he's that good already believing in his own hype so he put shit effort to improve from then onwards. In the same period, many of his teammates are improving. So what's the excuse?

Who should go first?
1st - Lingard
2nd - Mata
3rd - Pereira

All three should go eventually. Lingard is already bad and perform good consistently only against absolute shit teams, Mata is declining but Pereira is younger at 24 so maybe he'll turn around and improve in future season even if the chance is slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.