2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If he's happy to stay at Flamengo where hes settled and one of the better players in the league, I think it would be wise to use any permanent transfer to also secure first options on Flamengo's young players Matheuzinho and Joao Gomes. 21 and 20 years old, look at them again in 2 years and see if we want to pay the going price for them.
So you asked them to pay for your dirt and now you want to steal their golds? Fecking colonialism I'm telling you!

United in sin

Really hope that's a joke, he isn't destined for this level, he is another Darren Gibson but he looks better doing it, it's that simple.
No I'm not joking, but I also don't think it will happen. For what it's worth I don't think Pereira was given the same chances a nothing player like McTominay has got for instance. As for Gibson I feel he was a better player than McTominay but never good enough for united. That's where we are as a club.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
No I'm not joking, but I also don't think it will happen. For what it's worth I don't think Pereira was given the same chances a nothing player like McTominay has got for instance. Gibson was better than McTominay but never good enough for united. That's where we are as a club. I'm glad for Pereira
Gibson is a different style of player to Mctominay and has done nothing to suggest he's ever been at a similar level to Mctominay, I find that a strange mentality in truth because he isn't good enough, wish him well but giving an attack minded championship level player a chance in a DM position for the first team of Manchester United is pure lunacy, Lingard can't get any minutes and is 100 times the player Pereira will ever be, he's a highlights player

lloyd2wayne

Really hope that's a joke, he isn't destined for this level, he is another Darren Gibson but he looks better doing it, it's that simple.
You guys really don’t know the impact and difference a world class manager makes do you? Fecking Barkley, Loftus cheeks, Curtis Jones, Milner, Henderson are all contributing big time in top teams all because of Klopp and Tuchel. If you really think Anders wouldn’t even contribute or be an impact sub even under a class manger then I don’t know what to say.

Gandalf

No I'm not joking, but I also don't think it will happen. For what it's worth I don't think Pereira was given the same chances a nothing player like McTominay has got for instance. As for Gibson I feel he was a better player than McTominay but never good enough for united. That's where we are as a club.
He played 40 games for us in the 2019/20 season and was utter gash in about 39 of them. At that point in his career he was 23 with over a 100 senior games under his belt so the notion he was not given a chance is laughable. He is not equipped to be a Premier League midfielder and there is ample evidence to support this. Very happy for him that his loan is going well and I will be happy for us if we get a proper fee for him at the end of this season.

spiriticon

Pereira has played under... 3? 4? ....managers and been more or less shite for all of them.

Therefore, one can probably safely deduce that he is in fact, shite.

Ekeke

So you asked them to pay for your dirt and now you want to steal their golds? Fecking colonialism I'm telling you!
:lol:

He's gold for them!

Statistically the 5th best player in the Brazilian league and 2nd best at Flamengo. But at 25 thats less impressive than if we were talking about a 20-22 year old. I think we can safely say that if they were to keep Andreas, hes good enough to ensure they do well in their league and might yet in the future command a hefty transfer fee if a european club wants to give him another go in the future. Its just that even on current form the 5th best player in the Brazilian league is not getting into the team ahead of Bruno, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford. And when hes competed with McTominay in the past, McTominay has been the one who outperforms him in a premier league CM role getting forward and scoring goals.

Then theres Van De Beek who barely gets a game and Pogba even if he is likely to leave.

Artur there is 23 and statistically the 3rd best. He wouldnt be starting here either but that doesnt mean he wont be a quality player in europe for someone in the next year or two

United in sin

Gibson is a different style of player to Mctominay and has done nothing to suggest he's ever been at a similar level to Mctominay, I find that a strange mentality in truth because he isn't good enough, wish him well but giving an attack minded championship level player a chance in a DM position for the first team of Manchester United is pure lunacy, Lingard can't get any minutes and is 100 times the player Pereira will ever be, he's a highlights player
The post I responded to mentioned wanting to see him at DM. I want to see him get another chance wherever a proper manager sees fit.

For the bolded part, Gibson was a box to box CM, just like McTominay. He was a much better passer.

Maybe your memory is eluding you. Gibson did score in a CL semifinal against Schalke. He got 10 goals and 7 assists for united in 60 appearances but less than 30 starts. McTominay has 11 goals and 2 assists in 127 apps and way more minutes and starts than Gibson was afforded. Both are not good enough for clubs vying for top honors but Gibson was the better and more productive player.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He played 40 games for us in the 2019/20 season and was utter gash in about 39 of them.
That's not fair. He was decent in most of the games that he played in the more attacking positions (right wing or #10) that season. It's not saying much seeing as his competition was Mata and Lingard who were both in terrible form, but Andreas was easily our best performer in those roles until we signed Bruno at the end of January. Obviously he shouldn't have been a starting player, but at that time he was performing at a decent squad-player level.

It was only when Ole moved him back to central midfield that he was terrible. And yes, he was definitely terrible in the deeper role.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
My word. Dude has just fecked up and handed Palmeiras the Libertadores in extra time, absolutely appalling mistake! Anyone else watching?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Awful. He’s been alright up till then but that’s unforgivable.
No doubt that will cost him a transfer and he'll be back at Carrington come next June. Can't believe we ever thought it sensible to renew his contract in 2019. It was obvious years ago that he'd never be an elite player.

mu4c_20le

No doubt that will cost him a transfer and he'll be back at Carrington come next June. Can't believe we ever thought it sensible to renew his contract in 2019. It was obvious years ago that he'd never be an elite player.
It's not like he did it on purpose. Would be incredibly fickle of them to cancel a transfer after a fairly productive spell.

United in sin

He's been among the best players in the Brazilian championship. His loan spell has been good

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
It's not like he did it on purpose. Would be incredibly fickle of them to cancel a transfer after a fairly productive spell.
We will get few million quid at best anyway. Don't think they have any cash tbh.

MTF

You don't know Brazilian clubs and their fans then... for Flamengo fans this will always be the final that Pereira threw away.

izec

He is done there IMO, they won't forget it. But his good performances should get him a move somewhere else hopefully. Maybe a European club will offer a decent fee

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ah jeez what a shocker. It's almost like the tempo there is so slow he's literally sleep walked into his body not reacting.

In such an important game too. You've got to feel for him, but it's such a silly error.

Danillaco

fecked up big time. Costed Flamengo the title. Wow, feel sorry for him not for the club. feck them.

Oranges038

That is truly awful.

I'd say he's done there. The fans won't ever forgive him for that.

choccy77

Has said he wants to leave United.

Another player we have held on to for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.