Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Pereira was a beast at youth level. When I watch him play he strikes me as a player that just can't adapt to the increased speed of the game as you step up the levels.

georgipep

Pereira was a beast at youth level. When I watch him play he strikes me as a player that just can't adapt to the increased speed of the game as you step up the levels.
In my opinion his biggest flaw is lack of tactical discipline. He acts as a freerole midfielder when actually plays in a specific position with very strict tactical instructions and expectations. That's why teams tend to put him on the wings where he has less responsibilities but he is neither super pacy, nor can dribble so he doesn't shine that bright there too. I think he would do well as a #10 in a lower level league, probably for a team that dominates physically their opponents.

Classical Mechanic

In my opinion his biggest flaw is lack of tactical discipline. He acts as a freerole midfielder when actually plays in a specific position with very strict tactical instructions and expectations. That's why teams tend to put him on the wings where he has less responsibilities but he is neither super pacy, nor can dribble so he doesn't shine that bright there too. I think he would do well as a #10 in a lower level league, probably for a team that dominates physically their opponents.
That's likely a part of it but he looked really technically gifted in some of his youth games whereas he looks really technically poor in a lot of his senior games. The big difference I see is that as you move up the levels you have to do these actions a lot quicker. It asks a different question of your technical ability.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yeah, it's been clear for a long time that he just doesn't have the mental RPM to compete at the top level, least of all in a fast paced league like the PL. He's got good technique and I bet he looks good in training, and would probably look like a world beater playing for a decent team that controls games easily in a weaker, low intensity league like Ajax or Dinamo Zagreb or whoever.

The great midfielders have the "half a yard in their head", take in and process what's around them and have likely chosen the best option before the ball even reaches them. Pereira just doesn't have it. When he has to do something quickly, it looks more like he's having a fecking guess at where a teammate might be, so we see one of his trademark passes straight out for a throw.

georgipep

That's likely a part of it but he looked really technically gifted in some of his youth games whereas he looks really technically poor in a lot of his senior games. The big difference I see is that as you move up the levels you have to do these actions a lot quicker. It asks a different question of your technical ability.
The pace of games in the PL definitely hasn't helped him, that's for sure. I haven't watched him when he was in the youth teams but when he has been part of the first team he has always impressed with work rate and adequate to good technique. He also has that thunderbastard of a shot in him but because of the position he plays, the poor choices he makes and the speed of the game, he rarely finds himself in the right spot to shoot.

Mickson

I do not agree with that. He was a highlight player. Could score a screamer, and his set-pieces were class. He didn't dominate games at all and I was disappointed in that. He was obviously better than right now. I agree with earlier posts that PL is too fast for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I do not agree with that. He was a highlight player. Could score a screamer, and his set-pieces were class. He didn't dominate games at all and I was disappointed in that. He was obviously better than right now. I agree with earlier posts that PL is too fast for him.
Might not have been a beast with the consistency throughout a game, but he was rated really highly, and definitely had the raw attributes that you could get excited for. Had flashes of the touch, dribbling, passing range, crossing and shooting that made you think he could be a hell of a player.

redshaw

Pereira hasn't excelled in Italy or Spain.

He has great ability as do many football jugglers and beach footballers/street soccer but they can't apply it to the professional game. Not sure where Pereira would land if let go, or if let go a long time ago, perhaps Serie B or second tier in the Dutch or Belgium league. Chong could be another who struggles out of reserve team football.

The amount we want for him, the amount of times he's had a chance here and elsewhere and to see him playing again in a United shirt in 2021 is very emblematic of deep lying issues in the whole structure of the club for the last 10 years. Guy has two years left on his contract.

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I watched him live at the U20 world cup. He was an absolute beast of a player. He was not a highlight player. He was a standout, he dominated the games he played in. He was 1 of 2 key players for brazil. Its a shame it hasnt translated into senior level football.

Mickson

I watched him live at the U20 world cup. He was an absolute beast of a player. He was not a highlight player. He was a standout, he dominated the games he played in. He was 1 of 2 key players for brazil. Its a shame it hasnt translated into senior level football.
I'm basing it on United's youth teams, and he never bossed anything there.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's the position he was best for us. In the first half of 19/20 he was performing at a decent squad-player level at #10 and to a lesser extent on the right wing. He was rightfully in our starting line-up for a while as he was outperforming both Lingard and Mata in those positions (albeit both of them having probably the worst seasons of their career :lol: ). Then once we signed Bruno we dropped Pereira back to central midfield and he's been absolutely atrocious there every time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think that’s a very accurate analysis. Although it could also be a lack of awareness of what’s going on around him. He just doesn’t seem to have that picture in his head.

Whatever, he needs to leave. For the sake of his own career. And we need to stop giving him minutes ahead of players who might actually have a career for us.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Absolute shite, beyond useless. Pre season or not, him and Williams yesterday were an embarrassment

GueRed

Watching the youth he didn't look exceptional to me.

Was a nice touch player, decent at set-pieces... thats about it.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
He had a very good behind the heel flick for Matic early in the first half and I thought he was on it. And then he followed it up with that performance. That’s his United career in a nutshell.

lex talionis

It's not going to happen for Andreas Pereira for a top club in the top league on the planet. Send him to a decent side in La Liga or even Serie A and he'll do well...but not in the English Premier League. A shame, as for a moment (several seasons ago) he looked an intriguing prospect.

Ace of Spades

He definitely had talent but he just has not developed as hoped. This is always a possibility with young players, there are no guarantees with development.

slored1

Christ what a strike. Goal of the season already given out.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Been playing very well today I think. Think he has more potential than DvB but it needs to start realising for him.

marktan

Pre-season player looking better after a couple of games shocker.

He's not been great at United but I watched a lot of his matches on loan at La Liga and he played well there, especially against the likes of Barca and Real. He's more talented than the likes of Harry Wilson anyway who's going to Fulham for like £15m.

I think we need to stop loaning our players to top 4 teams like Lazio or Dortmund (Januzaj) because they little incentive to play young loanees over their own options. The Championship or lower down top league teams like Granada for Pereira have worked much better for us.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He'd look really good for someone like Leeds.

Zlatattack

No. Before any of you go there - no.

It's 1 goal. A broken clock is right twice a day too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's only 25 y.o. Just a teenager for central midifielder.

OverratedOpinion

I do not rate him at all but that was honestly one of the best goals I have ever seen, it was almost perfect. It is almost criminal that was scored in a drab pre-season game.

He also played very well today to be fair to him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I know it’s preseason but that’s the best I’ve ever seen him play for Utd in midfield even despite the goal. But wow what a goal that is too, doubt we will score a better goal all season!

Status
Not open for further replies.