Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
People belittling Flamenco are amusing
It's not a question of belittling Flamengo. Its the obvious problem, for us, that there is far less money in Brazilian football than in European football.

Flamengo might be better than Lazio but, even average European teams have more money than most South American teams.

Because nobody in Europe, who might have cash, is willing to pay for Andreas' services we have had to bend over for Flamengo:

€20m buy option! As if Flamengo will pay that. We should have just sold him to them for a couple million. Seems crazy we want twice as much for Andreas as we got for Javier Hernandez.

48 hours

It's not a question of belittling Flamengo. Its the obvious problem, for us, that there is far less money in Brazilian football than in European football.

Flamengo might be better than Lazio but, even average European teams have more money than most South American teams.

Because nobody in Europe, who might have cash, is willing to pay for Andreas' services we have had to bend over for Flamengo:

id be shocked if they pay the 20 million. We should have made it a more realistic 10

id be shocked if they pay the 20 million. We should have made it a more realistic 10
€10 million is not realistic for a Brazilian team, unless you are talking about a top, top player. Andreas, I am sorry, isn't that.

We should have agreed a sale for €2.5-3m. Flamengo are not gonna pay us much money at us when Andreas will have a year left on his deal. Just get it over with now.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
How many times have you watched Flamengo in the last 10 years?
you are amusing
I watched this game along with millions of others just 2 years ago but just for fun please explain the relevance of your question.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
€10 million is not realistic for a Brazilian team, unless you are talking about a top, top player. Andreas, I am sorry, isn't that.

We should have agreed a sale for €2.5-3m. Flamengo are not gonna pay us much money at us when Andreas will have a year left on his deal. Just get it over with now.
In fairness, as much as I laughed at this price and when he went to Lazio, it’s not being used as a measure of his value, but rather a high point for if he has a breakout season. We’ll know we’re going to be negotiating for him again next summer unless something extraordinary happens.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To sign Pereira they'd need to break their own club transfer fee record. Fingers crossed he does really well there, but i'll be staggered if they pay it.

19/20Gabriel BarbosaInter€17.45m
18/19Giorgian de ArrascaetaCruzeiro€14.80m
20/21PedroFiorentina€14.00m
19/20GersonAS Roma€13.12m
18/19VitinhoCSKA Moscow€12.00m

reelworld

To sign Pereira they'd need to break their own club transfer fee record. Fingers crossed he does really well there, but i'll be staggered if they pay it.

19/20Gabriel BarbosaInter€17.45m
18/19Giorgian de ArrascaetaCruzeiro€14.80m
20/21PedroFiorentina€14.00m
19/20GersonAS Roma€13.12m
18/19VitinhoCSKA Moscow€12.00m
Oof, if the best scenario he's tearing it up in Flamengo, and they're at least willing to match their record signing, then max it's gonna be around 15m GBP.

Uniquim

Oof, if the best scenario he's tearing it up in Flamengo, and they're at least willing to match their record signing, then max it's gonna be around 15m GBP.
I think the only way that's happening, unless Pereira goes on a blinder, and plays absolutely magnificently on loan, is if de Arrascaeta gets sold to Europe. Inter inquired about him earlier in the summer. The AM position at Flamengo pretty much belongs to de Arrascaeta.

Pereira will face an uphill struggle to displace him. RW/RM position is pretty locked too, but there's possibilities for him in the central midfield.

Bonus: Here's a goal by the guy Pereira is trying to displace in the team if he wants to play in the number 10 role.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
you are amusing
I watched this game along with millions of others just 2 years ago but just for fun please explain the relevance of your question.
I haven't watched a single Flamengo's game in the last 10 or maybe 20 years. It's merely showing exposure of a team, and a player to potential buyers. Assuming that If he went to Everton, he'd be more exposed to clubs who can afford him, than with Flamengo's. Otherwise, he has to be the star of Flamengo to gather some interest.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I haven't watched a single Flamengo's game in the last 10 or maybe 20 years. It's merely showing exposure of a team, and a player to potential buyers. Assuming that If he went to Everton, he'd be more exposed to clubs who can afford him, than with Flamengo's. Otherwise, he has to be the star of Flamengo to gather some interest.
You do understand how players get exposed to clubs dont you??

48 hours

I meant £10

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Funny. Ive never said that. Carry on though.
:lol: you're right that clubs are using scouts. I just think a loan to a more exposure League/team would benefit us seling at that 20m price. Say that he's good at Flamengo. But his unsuccessful loans at european clubs would make team that can afford him, won't be interested.

Also, being good player in Everton is deemed better than being good with Flamengo. Regardless which team is better.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
My guess is he’ll be good there and we will finally sell him to them for about 14 million. Not a bad ending. Everyone wins. He’ll eventually move back to Europe then for the kind of money we were looking for him initially and everyone on here will go spare :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think the only way that's happening, unless Pereira goes on a blinder, and plays absolutely magnificently on loan, is if de Arrascaeta gets sold to Europe. Inter inquired about him earlier in the summer. The AM position at Flamengo pretty much belongs to de Arrascaeta.

Pereira will face an uphill struggle to displace him. RW/RM position is pretty locked too, but there's possibilities for him in the central midfield.

Bonus: Here's a goal by the guy Pereira is trying to displace in the team if he wants to play in the number 10 role.
Oh my that is some goal!!

reelworld

:lol:
yeah, I can see him coming back here next year.

Abraxas

If true that's quite a bizarre agreement as I don't see how they're ever going to pay that sum no matter how good he is.

It does give some indication of how few takers there were for Pereira that we have had to do a deal that isn't especially brilliant for us. He's done very little on previous loans so it's not hard to see why some ideas around selling him for a significant sum were optimistic.

flappyjay

Another bad decision on his part like Lazio. He should be going to a midtable team in France, Italy, Germany and possibly Spain.

mu4c_20le

He will rotate and learn from Diego. They are similar players.

:lol:
yeah, I can see him coming back here next year.
100%. United will be sending him out on loan again next summer. And probably entering talks to renew his contract: 'To protect value.'

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Nevermind that shit, here's a goal by the guy de Arrascaeta is trying to keep out of the team :wenger:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Nevermind that shit, here's a goal by the guy de Arrascaeta is trying to keep out of the team :wenger:

And what is your point? Anybody can shoot couple of beautiful goals, especially in a pre-season friendly. Players are valued on the consistency of their performance, at top level, over long period of time.

The fact that after so many years, nobody in Europe wanted to pay anything for Pereira and he may very likely end-up in Brazil permanently, at the age of 25 speaks volumes about either how poorly rated he is or maybe how he is choosing to destroy his career for the sake of living in Brazil (family reasons?).The reality is that Brazil is where big players start when they are very young, not where they play at the ripe age in their career.

zenith

Man alive, how much deadwood have we accumulated and what a tough time we are having getting rid.

Just makes me appreciate the new and revised transfer policy we are following. Andreas is a case in point of how much off the track we have gone

forevrared

Man alive, how much deadwood have we accumulated and what a tough time we are having getting rid.
Makes you wonder if we're not signing them to these long-term, high wage deals to have them as more valuable assets on the balance sheet to borrow against rather than protecting our investment when it comes to player sales. We're absolute shite at selling players, compared to Chelsea for example, who always get ridiculous fees for far more average players, so it doesn't really track that these contract extensions have anything to do with resale value.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Great goal but it clearly says 14 on the back of his shirt.

Makes you wonder if we're not signing them to these long-term, high wage deals to have them as more valuable assets on the balance sheet to borrow against rather than protecting our investment when it comes to player sales. We're absolute shite at selling players, compared to Chelsea for example, who always get ridiculous fees for far more average players, so it doesn't really track that these contract extensions have anything to do with resale value.
It's all about that book value for sure. However, it's incredibly short sighted. Cos if we shifted some deadwood (like Andreas) and bought in better players to replace them, the book value of the squad would no doubt increase. Cos better players command bigger contracts.

Strelok

Beautiful goal indeed but imo most of the PL keepers would have save that.

We need an rvn

completely agree and I don't get why we are happy to loan out players for 2 years in a row, run down their contracts and leave for peanuts. Even if the loan club were covering his wages, we should be looking to sell a 25 year old rather than loan him out again. I'm sure there were takers, probably not where he wanted to go but that's the difference between us and Chelsea.

Charlie Foley

you are amusing
I’m sorry…is your response to “how much do you watch them” that you watched them once two years ago???

steve.crowford

It’s nice to see him doing well in his home country, or at least the country he represents. I hope he keeps up the form so we can net some extra money for him.

lsd

The Oracle
It’s nice to see him doing well in his home country, or at least the country he represents. I hope he keeps up the form so we can net some extra money for him.

Thought I read he is banned for at least six games?

NYAS

Flamengo fans want the buy option exercised right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.