Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Flamengo fans on Reddit are really happy with him and hoping they buy him on a perm. Some were saying he'll get called up to the Brazil NT.

Red_toad

I’ve never been convinced that Fred is an incredible upgrade over Pereira.
Plays an entirely different role, so no idea why you think we bought Fred to replace him? Pereira is doing well in a far less competitive league, I hope it works out well and we get a decent fee for him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s got some shot on him! Right now I could see him doing really well for a lower PL/Europa league team if he was prepared to give it a go and work his way back up to a top team. He wasn’t good enough a few years ago to be a Utd regular when we tried it. No shame in it but he’s still got lots of time and could still become a really good player. He needs a shitload of games that he’s never going to get here though

Mozox

Agree. Moreover, we can get a lot of more money for Fred than Andreas.
If we have to keep one of Brazilians I go with the blonde one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pereira has great technique but his lack of speed and strength lets him down big time unfortunately.

It's nice to see him doing well in Brazil, it's better for these guys to play than sit on the bench surely.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That's Ronaldo vs Portsmouth from the other side. :eek:

Much like Ronaldo, he could try that 5,000 times and never have it come off again though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good to see and hear for both him as a player and for us potentially getting some money for him when we thought we’d have to pay to get rid of him.

SAFMUTD

They don't even play in the same position, you can add Telles in that combo as well by that logic.

GazTheLegend

??? Defensively Pereira is awful, offensively Fred is awful. If you have to pick one, you pick Fred because Pogba and Bruno aren't going to be winning tackles. The better comparison is Juan Mata.

Varun1

??? Defensively Pereira is awful, offensively Fred is awful. If you have to pick one, you pick Fred because Pogba and Bruno aren't going to be winning tackles. The better comparison is Juan Mata.
I always thought Pereira was equally awful in an attacking position. Some posters must be remembering a diffrent player.
Andreas was extremely frustrating to watch and not even worth it as a sub as he offered very little, imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides he's too good for Flamengo and doesn't sign permanently. I seem to remember that's what happened with his previous loans, where he chose to go to some clubs against the club's advice.

Ekeke

Great goal. Always said from moving him up from the reserves to the first team, its his shot thats capable of amazing quality so he needs to be in a position and role where he can get shots away.

Bwuk

Pereira really should have made more of a impact than he did. He always had the talent. Just couldn't apply it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I always thought Pereira was equally awful in an attacking position. Some posters must be remembering a diffrent player.
Andreas was extremely frustrating to watch and not even worth it as a sub as he offered very little, imo.
The only decent run of form that Pereira had for us was in the first half of 19/20 when he was being played at #10 or, to a lesser extent, right wing. He was easily our best performing of the three options we had at that stage. Of course that is partly because both Lingard and Mata were in absolutely dreadful form, but Pereira himself was playing fairly well in most games. Then he was dropped back into a deeper role when we had an injury crisis but he was terrible there, and then we signed Bruno so obviously Pereira wouldn't get a chance at #10 again.

steve.crowford

A couple of months ago, I've mentioned that Andreas would probably be a starter here in Brazil. I didn't think he would start doing this kind of shit. He's killing it around here.

lex talionis

Responding to the other two posters who commented on this point, my comparison was with Fred. Fred has had a few solid performances for us, but for the most part has been diabolical. Fred has no defensive ability whatsoever -- nor does Pereira, without question -- nor does he offer anything whatsoever in the final third.

We don't need Pereira -- Bruno, Pogba, Van De Beek and Lingard are all substantially superior footballers -- but in a head to head matchup with Fred, Fred offers far less than Pereira in every aspect of play.

NYAS

Big fish at Flamengo is his level
He’s nowhere near that yet. In a team with Gabigol, Arrascaeta, BH.

For now, he’d do well to continue with this form for a more consistent period of time.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He’s nowhere near that yet. In a team with Gabigol, Arrascaeta, BH.

For now, he’d do well to continue with this form for a more consistent period of time.
I know, and I don't mean to diss Mengão. He just strikes me as a talented player not keen on evolving or adapting himself but that would rather play how he enjoys playing. Different players, but in that sense he reminds me a bit of how Petkovic went about seeing out his career there.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Responding to the other two posters who commented on this point, my comparison was with Fred. Fred has had a few solid performances for us, but for the most part has been diabolical. Fred has no defensive ability whatsoever -- nor does Pereira, without question -- nor does he offer anything whatsoever in the final third.

We don't need Pereira -- Bruno, Pogba, Van De Beek and Lingard are all substantially superior footballers -- but in a head to head matchup with Fred, Fred offers far less than Pereira in every aspect of play.
I would have Pereira any day over VDB. VDB substantially superior, hahaha you are having a laugh. Nice one.

lex talionis

I would have Pereira any day over VDB. VDB substantially superior, hahaha you are having a laugh. Nice one.
Surely you’re taking the piss. Pereira wouldn’t be allowed near the training ground at Ajax.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Pereira ahead of Fred? :lol:

Fred has been in fairly inconsistent form since January and then was in terrible form for the last month of last season and the first few games of this season, but he's still been far ahead of anything Pereira has ever shown for us in midfield. As for Fred having no defensive ability whatsoever - he's statistically in the top 20% of midfielders in the top European leagues in almost every individual defensive stat. Ndidi, Kante and Allan were the only midfielders in the league who won the ball back more last season (and the latter two were only just ahead of him). Even for what he offers in the final third, whether you look at Key Passes, Expected Assists, or Actions Leading to a Shot, he ranks surprisingly high - miles ahead of Matic and McTominay and also ahead of plenty of midfielders in the league that people like to talk about being much better than him.

Like I said Fred hasn't been in good form for a while, but some people go so overboard with the criticism that it's a joke.

SoCross

:houllier:

Please go back and watch the games Pereira started in midfield for us. I like Andreas and he's talented but he was always 2,3 seconds behind the expected tempo of the PL. Will do nicely in a league where he has more time to think and more time on the ball. Fred is far better than him.

lex talionis

:houllier:

Please go back and watch the games Pereira started in midfield for us. I like Andreas and he's talented but he was always 2,3 seconds behind the expected tempo of the PL. Will do nicely in a league where he has more time to think and more time on the ball. Fred is far better than him.
Far better at what? Fred is better than Pereira in defending, but Fred has been shambolic in his defensive duties going back to the day he joined United. To describe Fred as a liability in our own third would be an insult to the word liability.

Pereira was never developed as a CDM, with good reason, but I never saw him play so shockingly in his own third as Fred has. Wolves is still fresh in the memory, but how about Leicester City last season?

As for attacking, Fred is nowhere close to Pereira.

Ekeke

If he's happy to stay at Flamengo where hes settled and one of the better players in the league, I think it would be wise to use any permanent transfer to also secure first options on Flamengo's young players Matheuzinho and Joao Gomes. 21 and 20 years old, look at them again in 2 years and see if we want to pay the going price for them.

With the options we have now in attacking areas its hard to see him being more than Lingard is this season after his successful loan last season. A sub who wants to play more and wont sign a new contract so we missed the window of cashing in on his good form for him to find a nice move. Valencia wanted to keep him after his loan there but said we were asking for too much money. I'd imagine that would still be the case unless they were willing to take him in part exchange for one of their better players like Soler who is more likely to be able to compete for a starting spot here

Status
Not open for further replies.