Andreas Pereira / loan to Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Good move for him if it happens. Falls in line with a number of our academy players produced where it was never clear where they would play. It think his game is much better suited to European football, more technical and less reliant on speed or physicality

DuruttiColumn

A real talent, but maybe too much of a nice guy to make it at the very top.

really enjoyed that one he smashed in against Southampton to win is the points.

bit sad he’s leaving

No Love

Given his performances and output for us, that’s a great move for him.

Also, I like the fact he is ambitious enough to go somewhere he believes he has a better chance of playing regularly. That instantly commands more respect than other individuals in our squad, who are all too happy to pick up their wages without featuring. Fair play to him. Hope the move materialises and that it goes well for him.

RC89

He is not good enough for us. Fine, no problem with that. But any 'fan' who calls our players shit has lost their way, especially players who put the effort in but prove not to be good enough.

The fact that a club like Lazio are interested shows he is clearly not 'shit', in any case.
But he is shit

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's shown a willing attitude here and he does have some good attributes with his set-plays and long distance shooting but for his ,and ours, he needs to play consistently.
Serie A is a great level to continue his development.

Tarrou

good move for him and us

I liked Andreas, its a shame he never kicked on but its time he left and played every week

led_scholes

He is a good player and proved to be more valuable than established players like Lingard and without all the media drama, but it seems to me a bit dependent on confidence.

10m is a fair price for him. Good luck to him. It would be nice to insert a buy back clause.

DoomSlayer

Needs to go, for the sake of his career if not anything else.

I wish him all the best, Andreas is talented but never managed to utilise his skills on a high level with us. I can actually see him being a very good player in a slower-paced league.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Great move for him. Did not expect him to get a move to somewhere like Lazio. Best of luck boy!

CG1010

Best of luck to him if the deal happens. Compared to Lingard, him being on 50% less wages certainly helps in him securing a move away. Hopefully Lingard gets jealous of the deal and reduces his wage demands to also move to another PL or Italian club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Loan with 10m euros obligation to buy
Phew. Thought it was going to be optional.

Worked hard, wasn't good enough. At least that's more than can be said of some others.

Faetheshire86

Was a decent talent who didn't kick on. Clearly no future here.

Relieved to see some movement on our outgoings, should be a busy last week

CG1010

Are people disappointed after all the hype?
I think he got his fair share of chances last season. Ultimately he wasn't good enough so probably there won't be any hard feelings from either side.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He is a good player and proved to be more valuable than established players like Lingard and without all the media drama, but it seems to me a bit dependent on confidence.

10m is a fair price for him. Good luck to him. It would be nice to insert a buy back clause.
Are you high? Did he feck.

You seem to forget that Lingard, shit as he is, has a few cup final goals and has scored against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Tell me, what great feats has Pereira achieved where he is considered more valuable than Lingard?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

You seem to forget that Lingard, shit as he is, has a few cup final goals and has scored against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Tell me, what great feats has Pereira achieved where he is considered more valuable than Lingard?
Lingard's still here because of this train of thought. Lingard's cup final goals 3/4 yeears ago are so completely meaningless now, it shouldn't need to be brought up in a conversation because it has 0 relevance to his current performance. Other clubs seem to value Pereira more than Lingard, because we actually got an offer for Pereira whereas Lingard can't generate any interest whatsoever.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Yeah bizarre comment. Lingards time is probably up too but he’s had his big moments in big games

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Phew. Thought it was going to be optional.

Worked hard, wasn't good enough. At least that's more than can be said of some others.
Completely agree. I don’t really get the hatred towards him. Always tried his best. Never kicked up a fuss. Not good enough to take us forward but hope he goes elsewhere and does well

golden_blunder

Staff
Lingard's still here because of this train of thought. Lingard's cup final goals 3/4 yeears ago are so completely meaningless now, it shouldn't need to be brought up in a conversation because it has 0 relevance to his current performance. Other clubs seem to value Pereira more than Lingard, because we actually got an offer for Pereira whereas Lingard can't generate any interest whatsoever.
No, lingard is still here because the continual stream of coaches kept him. It’s certainly not because of our opinion on the internet.

Falcow

Based on the prices Pool seem to be able to get for players who have barely made a debut for them, 10m is on low side.

I think he has enough ability to have a good career elsewhere. Best of luck to him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It should be brought up in conversation when a person is saying Pereira has been more valuable to the club than him.

What has Pereira done here? Feck all.

Zen86

The longer he sits on the bench the better he will become, that’s how things work on the caf. He’ll be the answer to all our problems by Christmas.

AltiUn

No, lingard is still here because the continual stream of coaches kept him. It’s certainly not because of our opinion on the internet.
Well, that and the fact he doesn't generate any interest from other clubs because he's terrible.

Jonesno.8

Always liked him, bags of talent, being moved around positionally between us and Valencia didnt help him. Sadly not good enough for us but has a good attitude, Really hope it works out for him.

AltiUn

It should be brought up in conversation when a person is saying Pereira has been more valuable to the club than him.

What has Pereira done here? Feck all.
Pereira's just generally a better player, is younger and is on much lower wages and more versatile. I'd sell them both but if we had to keep one of them we'd be doing the wrong thing keeping Lingard.

golden_blunder

Staff
Well, that and the fact he doesn't generate any interest from other clubs because he's terrible.
He’s not terrible, he’s just at the wrong club as he needs consistent first team football. He’s certainly better than he gets credit for when you look at the likes of Jeff Hendrick playing for Newcastle

we don’t know the level of interest just because it hasn’t been tweeted. For all we know, tweets appear when agents start hawking players around. Maybe JL isn’t being actively hawked around? Maybe.Or maybe other clubs know we want too much for him. The other day I read we are going to trigger his contract extension to protect his value (estimated £25m)

prateik

Hope we have a sell on clause if we are letting him go for cheap..

That league makes Sanchez and Lukaku look good. He will do well.

AsonUnique

Will do well. Always a technical player that worked hard and in Italy he'll have more time on the ball. Good move for him and United. Can't wait until he puts in his annual banger from outside the box and our fans complain that we let him go.

starman

If he has a outstanding loan are we than committed to have to sell him for 10m to Lazio or is that only if no one else is interested in paying more?

LoneStar

Thats the world we live in now! Players get crap for not being as good as fans expect them to be. I can remember when he was touted as the next big thing on the Caf, I never saw anything that would make him exceptional. He’s a decent player who will probably do well in Italy. I wish him well and hope it works so we get a fee.
We overhype our academy players way too much. There have been calls to make Mengi and Maguire our main CB partnership. Now I’m no fan of Lindelof, but he’s obviously going to be way better over the course of a season than Mengi.

We’ve had great luck in that regard, with players like Rashford and Greenwood coming into the scene and continuing to perform at a good level, but this won’t be the case with the majority of the youth products.

Hope he plays well there, good luck to him. Was never at the level we aspire to be.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is what we need to be doing. Shipping out players we are unsure about before we let their wages get too high to sell them. Decent move for the lad. He wasn’t good enough to make it here but with a bit of patience and in a different system he might prove to be a decent bit of value @ 10 million

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If he has a outstanding loan are we than committed to have to sell him for 10m to Lazio or is that only if no one else is interested in paying more?
We have to sell to them for only 10m even if he scores 20 goals and assists another 20.

They also have to pay us if he gets injured in the first minute of his first game and misses the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.