Andreas Pereira / loan to Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Well, that and the fact he doesn't generate any interest from other clubs because he's terrible.
There would be plenty of clubs interested in him. He’s not good enough for us I get it but don’t be a moron.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is it $27m , still a good value. Definitely 27m is way too much

starman

We have to sell to them for only 10m even if he scores 20 goals and assists another 20.

They also have to pay us if he gets injured in the first minute of his first game and misses the rest of the season.
I don't see it being that little, even for our crap negotiation skills. Liverpool got 13m for a player that's never made a first team appearance...
That latest tweet of option to buy for 27m is more like it. Its not like hes on massive wage, is old and has little time on his contract.

Ace of Spades

Hope he gets a good move, not good enough for us but he should be able to find a decent europa league club at least. Lazio is a good move for him, hope it works well for him.

He never lacked heart or commitment, just was not good enough. Hope a few more follow.

led_scholes

Are you high? Did he feck.

You seem to forget that Lingard, shit as he is, has a few cup final goals and has scored against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Tell me, what great feats has Pereira achieved where he is considered more valuable than Lingard?
When did he do all that? 3-4 years ago? I am talking about their time together here. IMO, last year Pereira was far more positive and useful than Lingard. Lingard is an established player, 3 years older, probably in triple wages and the last 2 years has barely played any singificant importance. Pereira never reached the heights of Lingard (who seemed to peak in 2017/2018 season) but he never was that awful too. Currently I would prefer to have Pereira over Lingard in our squad, but I will not bat an eyelid if he is sold to Lazio or anywhere else.

In a few years time, both will be rightfully considered as non important players in our history and they will be forgotten fairly soon, with Lingard being mentioned a bit more as he has had a greater impact for us in general. But i am not judging players based on the promise they showed 3 years ago. We did this with Anderson, Cleverly etc. Lets not repeat these overly sentimental approach.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If its optional and they dont intend to buy, it might as well be 100m
We will need to see the agreement before saying that. Very often, these clauses have conditions. Number if games, goals etc triggers the sale.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Shame it never worked out. I thought he’d be class at one point. He’s always been very feisty with a good attitude so I think there’s a player in there. Somewhere.

Aside: loved when he told that LUHG Twitter account to piss off.
He looked like a proper talent when he was coming through our youth ranks. It’s so weird how he turned out to be completely average – it’s not even his attitude/mentality (which is usually the issue for young prospects)... somehow he had managed to lose all of his football ability on the way.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Good move for him. Needs to find consistency. On his day, he's a very good player.

prateik

Good move for him. Needs to find consistency. On his day, he's a very good player.
It's a shame his day happens to be 29th Feb.

edit: I do like him.. have a soft spot for anyone coming through the ranks. I remember watching him for the reserves.. I didn't think he was a midfielder.. Never really nailed a spot down.. kept being moved around.
A consistent run in the front 3 behind the striker will help him.. isnt getting that here unfortunately. Hope it works out for him.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's shit as a central midfielder but he was decent in the more attacking positions (still not good enough but better than Lingard and Mata last season). The problem is that in the second half of the season he was only played in midfield so that's all anyone remembers.

thomas porter

I hope he goes to Lazio and does well! Always worked hard for us but just not good enough.

Ekeke

Unless Lazio sell Milenkovic-Savic or Luis Alberto, 2 good attack minded midfielders from their midfield 5... Then I'm not sure this is the right move for him. It'd be easier to get a game there than here, but of all the teams to go to Lazio would seem like another one where he's just a backup and it would take a lot to outperform the other options.

dev1l

That’s definitely a mistake. No way he goes for 27m.
27m is an option to buy not obligation. Unless he has a stellar season in seria A, I don't see Lazio exerting that option. I m still convinced he ll do well.lazio.are very good at picking up little known players and transforming them into much better players.

The Urban Goose

That’s definitely a mistake. No way he goes for 27m.
It's only an option, if he doesn't do well for them he'll be coming back anyway, whether the option is £5m or £100m.

However if he has a good season his value could well be more than that by next summer.

He's the kind of player I can see doing well in Italy, particularly with Serie A not being as strong as it once was.

izec

Unless Lazio sell Milenkovic-Savic or Luis Alberto, 2 good attack minded midfielders from their midfield 5... Then I'm not sure this is the right move for him. It'd be easier to get a game there than here, but of all the teams to go to Lazio would seem like another one where he's just a backup and it would take a lot to outperform the other options.
they need squad depth.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Great price but only an option to buy though?
There's the catch right. No f'n way they exercise a buy option at €27m. If he goes on loan the likelihood is, if they want him, they let the option expire and then come back later for like €10m.

Whatever though, just get him out. Sounds harsh but he's never going to be good enough and his new contract was a joke.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looked like a proper talent when he was coming through our youth ranks. It’s so weird how he turned out to be completely average – it’s not even his attitude/mentality (which is usually the issue for young prospects)... somehow he had managed to lose all of his football ability on the way.
I think it was a confidence thing; a couple of okay-ish loan spells to come back to a dysfunctional system under Mourinho and he just ended up retreating to a shell in terms of risk taking and general play. He got a long of game time under Ole but by that point it was too late, I reckon.

Change of scene and playing under different tactics could potentially reignite his career.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
An obligation to buy for €15m-€20m would've been better. Suppose if he has a good season and Lazio want to buy him, i'm guessing the fee will be negotiated down to something along those lines.

starman

Its amazing how little our fans rate our players and hate on them. Sure hes not good enough for United, but his previous time out on loan playing regularly he could have easily fetched 25m. The guys still only 24, ffs...

Josep Dowling

Surely €27m has to be wrong. I know it’s an option to buy so it’s unlikely they will pay that anyway. There is no way he’s worth that. Maybe we have learnt our lesson?

crossy1686

career ending
They must think we're selling them Fernandes or something. Ed probably called up and said "We've got a Portugese speaking lad here, plays midfield, good with a set piece, you can have him for €27m. Bargain."

flappyjay

Even if he doesn't do well enough for Lazio to take the option it would still be great if he does enough to impress another Italian team

Web of Bissaka

Don't get your hopes up.

I mean... we loaned out Smalling and Rojo last season.

They're still here with us seemingly demanding over high transfer prices for each (Rojo may have to do with lack of interests but I doubt that).

Andreas is disappointing though in our shirt. Such a shame... wonder if he'll make bad excuses in future interviews why his career with United didn't work out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.