Andreas Pereira Long Term Plan

IrishRedDevil

How has he been performing on loan this season?

http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2018/01/02/mourinho-le-envia-mensajes-andreas/358984.html

Basically this article says that Jose is monitoring him, analysing all his performances and regularly sends him text messages. Surely he is in our future plans.

Could he slot in on the right of a midfield 3? He has good crossing ability also, so if playing in a midfield 3, he could often drift out to RW to cross the ball.

Pogba - Pereira
......Matic

Thoughts?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We needed a separate long term plan thread to compliment our mid term and short term ones.

Silas

How has he been performing on loan this season?

http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2018/01/02/mourinho-le-envia-mensajes-andreas/358984.html

Basically this article says that Jose is monitoring him, analysing all his performances and regularly sends him text messages. Surely he is in our future plans.

Could he slot in on the right of a midfield 3? He has good crossing ability also, so if playing in a midfield 3, he could often drift out to RW to cross the ball.

Pogba - Pereira
......Matic

Thoughts?
I've been hoping for that for a long time, but unless we recall him now, I'm not sure when we'll see it. We should give him a chance there before splashing on a CM.

IrishRedDevil

No to mega threads!
Exactly

And no to Mods who say there is already a thread, but don’t provide the link. I’m yet to see a thread about where he fits into this current United team. I may be wrong, but I did search.

Anyway the link I posted was an article from 2nd January, so it’s new good news that Jose is monitoring him closely and staying in touch.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think it'll depend on what José's plans are for certain players. I expect we will lose Carrick, along with possibly Fellaini and Blind (even though he very rarely plays CM any more, I include him as he played there once this season). If this happens we end up with Pogba, Matic, Herrera, and McTominay as the only options in the first-team and it's possible that Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah are seen more as Full Backs or at least Defenders. I kind of expect to see another signing in midfield if Fellaini leaves, however, but I definitely think Pereira will be in the matchday squad more often than not.

It's hard to judge how much Jose trusts McTominay, Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah and Pereira..

Van Allens Belt

This thread is getting to long fast. Could you please start a new thread regarding Pereira, formations and long term planning?

meamth

Possibly a good option on the right? He did play handful of games on the wings during the loan.

Utdstar01

Could be a good option on the right tbf. His crossing is superb.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Currently enjoying that little highlight collection

Wish there was an index-search on the Caf to find supporters of particular clubs. Any Valencia supporter on here?

Stacks

Could be a good option on the right tbf. His crossing is superb.
Think we need to be looking at far better. he was pretty average in a non spectacular team. we often complain about how many average players we carry compared to City and this is an example. At worst we should be taking the shining lights from smaller teams but certainly not ones who are not good enough at that level. Maybe sell him to Newcastle or something.

Oldyella

Let McTominay go somewhere he will play regularly on loan and give him his spot.

GBBQ

Let McTominay go somewhere he will play regularly on loan and give him his spot.
I'd like that to happen. beneficial for McTominay to get regular game time and Pereira deserves a shot to fight for his place.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Think we need to be looking at far better. he was pretty average in a non spectacular team. we often complain about how many average players we carry compared to City and this is an example. At worst we should be taking the shining lights from smaller teams but certainly not ones who are not good enough at that level. Maybe sell him to Newcastle or something.
3 points behind Real Madrid is a small team?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@Ekeke used to follow Valencia closely IIRC. Not sure if he still does.
Thanks! Keen to know what someone who is a regular follower thinks of his season with them. His versatility could really come in handy for us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
wow never heard he could be eligible for Belgium. Promising quotes, hope he has a good preseason with us.
He joined us as a Belgian youth international. He only switched to Brazil about 3 years ago.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Was very average at Valencia. If he isn't good enough to start for Valencia, how should he go into the starting eleven at Man Utd? His level is more at some mid table Spanish / French / Bundesliga side.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Was very average at Valencia. If he isn't good enough to start for Valencia, how should he go into the starting eleven at Man Utd? His level is more at some mid table Spanish / French / Bundesliga side.
If only Spurs applied the same logic when Kane was on loan at Norwich.