Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Pawelek

So now there is no loan fee and they are still only paying a percentage of his salary. We should have offered to release him on a free
There's not a chance in a million that Flamengo, or any other South American club, will pay €20m for Andreas Pereira.

Mickson

There's not a chance in a million that Flamengo, or any other South American club, will pay €20m for Andreas Pereira.
Just like the release clause last season was like €25m, when everyone knew Lazio would never pay that. United is terrible at selling.

Mark Pawelek

Just like the release clause last season was like €25m, when everyone knew Lazio would never pay that. United is terrible at selling.
The difference is that mid-quality players actually sell for over €10m in Europe; but for under €1m in South America. We couldn't even get €5m for Andreas from a South American club; but would have from a European one.

E-mal

Why not just let him go for.something like 10m or even less and be done with it? It's just poor buisiness.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How bad actually is he? He looked a promising young player at one point.

Judas

Open to offers
I just don't get why we don't let him go for 5 mil at this point. We'd have paid pennies for him originally anyway, what's the point. So we'll have this storyline all over again next summer, desperately trying to find him a loan.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I know that we are shit in selling but this is new low. We are basically paying him to play for another club. And worst part is that he could be useful. He is better than Lingard for sure.

Mickson

I know that we are shit in selling but this is new low. We are basically paying him to play for another club. And worst part is that he could be useful. He is better than Lingard for sure.
Based on absolutely nothing. There's no way Pereira would perform as well as Lingard did for West Ham for example. Pereira is one of the worst players to have played 70 odd games for United, together with James and maybe Kieran Richardson.

acnumber9

I do enjoy some light hearted comedy in the morning. The guy has scored less goals in his entire United career than Lingard scored in a few months at West Ham.

RuudTom83

It's amazing every summer this lad is still hanging around, worst still United will start the 2021/22 season with Phil Jones still in the squad.

Tell them they have no place in the squad and if their agents can't find literally anyone to take them then tell them to stay at home.

redshaw

Fingers crossed he can settle into a team there.

Hopefully we can be reasonable on the fee, I mean we don't want to give players away but we could've had money for Rojo, Romero at one point possibly? With Pereira and one more that could've amount to 30 million plus getting some wages off the books it can end up being more lost. We could use that money to buy a midfield prospect. If some of these sales do well we can then ask for better fees next time.

Uniquim

Fingers crossed he can settle into a team there.

Hopefully we can be reasonable on the fee, I mean we don't want to give players away but we could've had money for Rojo, Romero at one point possibly? With Pereira and one more that could've amount to 30 million plus getting some wages off the books it can end up being more lost. We could use that money to buy a midfield prospect. If some of these sales do well we can then ask for better fees next time.
Everton offered £2m to loan Romero + covering his full wages at £100,000, but we wanted to sell him for £5m. I think we messed up more by pricing Lingard at £30m tbh. Think he would've went for £22m or roundabouts there. Overall, I think we've gotten a little better at selling. There were tons of bad deals under Ferguson too, but there are some we struggle to offload, and probably even more so at the moment, since only some select clubs seem to have money floating around.

Would be nice if Pereira was a success at Flamengo tbh. His potential was there for all to see when he was younger.
Grêmio on the 25th is likely his first opportunity to play for Flamengo.

Gandalf

Now, why would we do that ? And even better - why would Andreas agree to that ? That is a lose-lose for both parties. We only lose a little bit on his wages this season and can still get £11 million for him next season. If we release him on a free we have to pay him out of his contract which will cost us a few million, and Andreas will have to accept a huge wage-cut in his next job.
I was not suggesting paying out his contract, just give him the option to leave permanently on a free rather than loan him for free and keep paying him. We won’t get 11 million for him in the future, we would be doing well to get 11 Iraqi Dinar. He is going to waste another year on loan and end up running his contract down before leaving.

PeterWunited

We have to rethink the loan strategy to maximise the income from players. It seems that we view loans as a way of developing the players for potentially ourselves whereas other teams, like Chelsea, view it as a way of maximising their transfer value. How many players who go out on loan make it to our first team? Very few.
I believe a player can get away with one loan before you move them on, or give them a first team spot. Constant loans does not increase there value.
Regarding Andreas, him having to go to Brazil shows there is no one who wants him. How then can you negotiate a good deal.

Uniquim

We have to rethink the loan strategy to maximise the income from players. It seems that we view loans as a way of developing the players for potentially ourselves whereas other teams, like Chelsea, view it as a way of maximising their transfer value. How many players who go out on loan make it to our first team? Very few.
I believe a player can get away with one loan before you move them on, or give them a first team spot. Constant loans does not increase there value.
Regarding Andreas, him having to go to Brazil shows there is no one who wants him. How then can you negotiate a good deal.
Reportedly he preferred to move to Flamengo over both Everton and Fenerbahçe.

Raw

Absolutely not. Pereira has never shown anywhere near the performances Lingard had during his purple patch with us and when he was at West Ham.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nobody.Has.Any.Money!!!

That's why he's going on loan. Nobody's paying anything for a failed player like pereira in this market. Get over it

LuckyScout78

A level under the top level sorry to say. 4 out of top 5 point. Max.

He is missing the top guts, engine and hate to loose mentality. Not only basic football skills. You can easily see and caught the mentality of world class and top players. World class and top players are easily to discover. Because they are shining so bright. From Best, Charlton, Maradonna or whatever. No everyone are meant and born to be world class players. And winners.

But good luck to him in football and life in general. Definitely better than me hobby players and thousands of others football players. But top level demand a lot. Beside = football skills + mentality + your fate and luck. Things have to goes your way. More than the others way. Special in the competition world. All teams cant win. And how you handle success and victory is another and big task too.

So back to Andreas. If you can play football for a second best team and really good team. And enjoy life beside football. More than a benchwarmer. You can be happy in life too. Many way to be happy in life. Not only to be a world class players. So accept and realize where you are and capable of.

Kaizane

It's amazing every summer this lad is still hanging around, worst still United will start the 2021/22 season with Phil Jones still in the squad.

Tell them they have no place in the squad and if their agents can't find literally anyone to take them then tell them to stay at home.
Imagine you're a classic car collector. You go to an auction and see there's a lovely 1974 Porsche 911 up for sale, needs a bit of work but bags of potential. You buy it and can't wait to get it on the road. After a wee drive around town, you realise - actually, it's pretty shit and will never live up to what you had hoped. So you drive it home, park it on the street exposed to the elements, doing no maintenance and servicing on it whatsoever. The rot sets in, and after two years, the only way you can get rid is if you give it away because it's now worthless. And in the process, you've gained a terrible reputation as a car collector and now nobody wants to buy or sell from you in the future.

Granted, Jones and Andreas are no 1974 Porsche's, but why as a club would United ever do this?

Kaizane

Would United really get a bad rep if they tore up Phil Jones contract? :confused:
There's a big difference between tearing up a contract and telling them to stay at home under contract. If I were playing for them or looking to join, I'd think twice if that's how they treated their players.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Have they even got 20M, even if they like him?
Most they've ever paid for anyone is £15m, and that's for Gabriel Barbosa who had already pretty much established himself as a legend for them (winning their first Libertadores for near 40 years) while on loan before they even coughed that up. :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Have they even got 20M, even if they like him?
If we manage to offload him to them it'll be for £2m not £20m. Maybe someone made an error with the briefing, stuck in a rogue zero? :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Everybody knows the option to buy here is meaningless. Just something tacked on for optics, with no expectation by any party that it will be triggered. If flamengo want him after the loan, they'll make an offer

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's like the people that work for us don't really watch our players.

They get overvalued simply because they play for United, its historic success and the money it can earn in different ways.

It's like that 'selling player ability' is not important to them as a way of making any of its money - when it should be as it can influence the money we spend aswell too.

I mean who is going to spend 20 million on Andrea's Pereira who wasn't even that great for Lazio? Instead of accepting our losses and try to get 5 million from a quick transfer out - instead we end up paying his wages to play for someone else until his contract runs out.

Potentially 5 million less on money in + unnecessary wages out.

jackal&hyde

Reportedly he preferred to move to Flamengo over both Everton and Fenerbahçe.
This is far more likely then nobody else wanting him. Making the Brazil squad and maybe being away from the spotlight in Europe might be very healthy for him. He is a talented player that just didn't kick on and was made a bit of a scapegoat for United over the last few years.

Idxomer

Nobody.Has.Any.Money!!!

That's why he's going on loan. Nobody's paying anything for a failed player like pereira in this market. Get over it
Exactly.

Bakayoko is going on loan for the 4th time, and he's someone who actually played a lot last season. Chelsea also did the same as United inserting a silly release clause in a couple of his previous loans.

Red_toad

Just curious what you base that opinion on? Can’t be performances on a football pitch!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just curious what you base that opinion on? Can’t be performances on a football pitch!
Agree with you (and others) :wenger: . But i like him. He is good backup player for that 10(ish) games per season. Plays direct, has solid technique and doesn't hide. Plus he can play several positions.

TheReligion

Abusive
Some of the moaning comments here baffle me. Obviously the club will protect its assets as we have to operate like any other business. We aren't state funded and have parameters we must work within.

This isn't football manager where you just release players for free and pay them compensation to get them off the books each season because you don't like them sat on your screen.

Dan_F

It’s kinda mad that he can’t find a club somewhere in Europe on loan. He made 25 appearances in the PL two years ago, for a team that finished top four (40 apps overall). Didn’t set the world on fire, but a solid player.

I can’t see how he is unable to play in a top European league for a team in the lower half. Clearly Lazio have too much quality for him to be first choice, but they are another CL spot challenging team.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This move is a not for him to stay there, the clubs not stupid. They know a Brazilian team is not going to spend 10, 20 or 30m on a fee, even after a successful loan. That is put out there so other clubs know the price range if they want to buy.

this loan is nothing more than a put yourself in the shop window and show everyone what you can do

youngrell

Everybody knows the option to buy here is meaningless. Just something tacked on for optics, with no expectation by any party that it will be triggered. If flamengo want him after the loan, they'll make an offer
Yep. You can bet your bottom dollar that if the option was set at £5-10m and he had a great season with them, the same people would be complaining that we set it too low and we are rubbish at selling yada yada yada.

Status
Not open for further replies.