Andreas Pereira vs Jesse Lingard

cyril C

I thought Lingard was alright. As long as he put in his shift then still a useful squad player, although he might not (or at least his new agent) want to be squad player. Pereira on the other hand, can't offer anything. He should move on.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought Lingard was alright. As long as he put in his shift then still a useful squad player, although he might not (or at least his new agent) want to be squad player. Pereira on the other hand, can't offer anything. He should move on.
Lingard is apparently on £100k a week at the very least.

You can't have squad players who have gone 14 months without a league goal on that much money. He has to go, both of them do.

Mike Smalling

Would much rather keep Pereira than Lingard. At least Pereira has flashes of quality once in a while. I don't see that with Lingard who is continuing his terrible streak in the league without an assist or a goal.

Also, Lingard has become a little bit toxic to have in the squad. This is not purely his own fault, but there is always so much talk about his attitude, professionalism, wages, etc. - at least among the fans. Honestly, I think it would be better for everyone if he went to play at another club.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Both is shite player we should get rid of. But if we have to keep one, I’d rather keep Pereira for obvious reasons:

1. Younger age
2. Cheaper wage
3. Better passing
4. Better attitude

But they are definitely not Man Utd quality and should go.

Aarron Swift

Both is shite player we should get rid of. But if we have to keep one, I’d rather keep Pereira for obvious reasons:

1. Younger age
2. Cheaper wage
3. Better passing
4. Better attitude

But they are definitely not Man Utd quality and should go.

Pretty much how I feel. One has to go and be replaced this summer, the other gets one more season for squad numbers before being replaced summer 2021. For reasons you've said I'd keep Pereira. I maybe too hopeful here but a good midfielder goes for between £35-45m and then the real quality players start at £50m+. This sounds like an obvious dig because of those valuations but i think that means we could hopefull get £20-25m for Lingard?

Born2Lose

Don't really get this urgent need to get rid of players. Most clubs with some direction bring in the replacements first then get rid of the dross.

Crashoutcassius

Same idiots in this thread as we're shouting at the bus, same hysterical mindset anyway. Pathetic in my view and I have maintained that view for years - hope this type of bullying attempts become less and less encouraged in the coming years

IRELANDUNITED

Would gladly see the back of both of these in the summer but if 1 must stay then it has to be Pereira. They are both average footballers and neither good enough for United but the reason there is such a witch hunt for Lingard is because of his pathetic attitude, his dancing, his beans videos, he's general professionalism or lack of it. Pereira might not be anymore talented than Lingard but at least he gives it his all and behaves in a professional manner.

Borussia Teeth

I think Pereira is the better player. Some (not all) of his performances when played as the 10 have been good. I believe there is still scope for improvement. Lingard however, has had his chance

SAFMUTD

I like my whisky like I like my team, without this two pieces of shit in it.

luke511

Need to get a back up no.10 in, it all goes tits up if Bruno gets injured and these two jokers have to fill in again.

James Ward

Need to get a back up no.10 in, it all goes tits up if Bruno gets injured and these two jokers have to fill in again.
Get rid of Mata, Jesse and Andreas and sign Grealish.

Bruno, Grealish, Pogba, Matic, Scott, Fred for next season!!!!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looking at how much better we are once these two aren't playing as much Is all we need to know to get rid of both.

Bring in someone who can be Bruno's backup but get rid of both of them.
Agree. These are the kind of decisions that define the standard at the club. We don't need nothing players who merely take up space. Even if we bring in a squad player to replace them (or promote someone from within), go for someone who adds something to the team or has genuine gifts.

James Ward

The Dream Team:

Bebe Bellion Obertan
Lingard Andreas Miller Djemba Kleberson
Punier Whitworth McGibbon
Taibi

Subs: Bosnich, Maucho, Tosic, Fangzhou,

nangis

The Dream Team:

Bebe Bellion Obertan
Lingard Andreas Miller Djemba Kleberson
Punier Whitworth McGibbon
Taibi

Subs: Bosnich, Maucho, Tosic, Fangzhou,
Dong is the surname, Fangzhuo is his first name, mate. I'm Chinese, haha.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Don't have the squad depth for it yet. Need them both involved on Thursday to keep others fresh for Spurs.
Agreed, they can leave this summer with their heads held somewhat high if they've been able to do a half-decent job filling in in midweek matches to keep their first team counterparts fresh. The talk of never seeing them in a red shirt again is somewhat previous, we haven't the squad to start throwing any players out just yet.

Tony247

Don't have the squad depth for it yet. Need them both involved on Thursday to keep others fresh for Spurs.
Yeh agree. That's the curse of lack of depth. Hopefully we'll get sufficiently replenished in the summer and never ever find ourselves in this situation again. Fingers crossed.

AshRK

Ole is clearly done with both of them and rightly so. Hope Pogba is also back soon and then one of them will be done in Europa games too. Horrible players who have zero business even as squad players.

Ventura

Pereira will stay, lovely goal tonight he needed that.
Trash goal against a fumbling GK and an absent defense. I was going to say that when even Andreas can manage to score, you know the opposition is questionable. That shot would never go in (or past the defense even) against a decent team.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Both are dead food.

Pereira is the better footballer, while Lingard is the harder worker. I expect Lingard to end up at Burnley or Bournemouth (they love overpriced shit English players) & Pereira to end up maybe back at PSV.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Trash goal against a fumbling GK and an absent defense. I was going to say that when even Andreas can manage to score, you know the opposition is questionable. That shot would never go in (or past the defense even) against a decent team.
What a ridiculous argument :lol:

We wouldn't have put 5 past a decent team. Point is, as has been stated in other threads, we were really struggling against weaker teams earlier in the season. If even Andres is getting in on the act, that is massive progress.

Do you need to be reminded that 2 of our recent goals were scored due to poor keeping, and against much stronger teams.

I'd keep Andres in the squad, Lingard can go.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think we would be fine if both of these guys left at the end of the season really, but if Pogba is staying and Mata looks like being here a bit longer than some of us expected, then there is definitely only room for at most one of them (Andreas/Lingard) next season. Even more-so if Gomes signs a new deal and the club still think high enough of him. We're likely to have McTominay/Fred/Matic fighting over one or two places depending on the opposition, with Fernandes/Pogba/Mata doing the same.

EdinburghDevil

I feel like there is only room and a need to keep one of them for squad numbers, I'd keep Andreas for next season as a squad player. Lingard's time is up for me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
While Lingard was busy teaming up with Fat Mino to pull off a miracle in getting the best deals for him, Pereira is hinting that He fancies Barca, Madrid and Bayern.

Andreas Pereira : "I'm very happy now at the moment but, as a player, I'd like to play for another big club. I really like clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. At the moment, I'm focused on my football here at Manchester United, where they've given me everything since I was 16. I'd happily stay here until I've won the lot and I'd then move to Santos. I don't think I'd play for another English club. I can't see that happening."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...esume-training-on-may-18-says-andreas-pereira

Not sure if praising United or flirting with Barca, Madrid, Bayern and Santos. Whatever it is I think We're losing him, I can see him joining Real Madrid replacing Modric. Perhaps with Lingard going to Barca and linking up with Messi. We are screwed.

Edit: Just seen Ole interview on SkySports Football channel and He didn't even mention both names as midfield options. Saddening.

Last edited:

Posh Red

While Lingard was busy teaming up with Fat Mino to pull off a miracle in getting the best deals for him, Pereira is hinting that He fancies Barca, Madrid and Bayern.

Andreas Pereira : "I'm very happy now at the moment but, as a player, I'd like to play for another big club. I really like clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. At the moment, I'm focused on my football here at Manchester United, where they've given me everything since I was 16. I'd happily stay here until I've won the lot and I'd then move to Santos. I don't think I'd play for another English club. I can't see that happening."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...esume-training-on-may-18-says-andreas-pereira

Not sure if praising United or flirting with Barca, Madrid, Bayern and Santos. Whatever it is I think We're losing him, I can see him joining Real Madrid replacing Modric. Perhaps with Lingard going to Barca and linking up with Messi. We are screwed.

Edit: Just seen Ole interview on SkySports Football channel and He didn't even mention both names as midfield options. Saddening.
Encouraging more like. Lingard shouldn’t be in our squad full stop

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Ha ha. Deluisons of Grandeur almost.