Andreas Pereira vs Jesse Lingard

MDFC Manager

I just don't get the fascination with Pereira on here. He's woeful.

At least Lingard has been good previously.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Over the course of this season Pereira has been far better. Lingard has been better previously but has been atrocious this season so far. Pereira has normally been decent for a squad player when he's played at #10 or on the right, although obviously he's also been atrocious when played in central midfield (or on the left like he was against Wolves). In saying that Pereira's form has also fallen off a cliff over the last month so right now there's not much between them.

With the signing of Bruno we're now in a position where neither of them are in our strongest line-up, but injuries will keep one of them there for now. Of course James has also been just as bad over the last month, so right wing is up for grabs seeing as Greenwood shouldn't play every game.

Robertd0803

As a comparison its a 0-0 borefest of a draw between them. They have both been fecking useless this season. And last probably as I dont remember anything post PSG away.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Neither good enough and hopefully we get rid of both but if we were forced to keep one as a squad player, I’d happily keep Pereira for a couple of reasons: Lingard has had more than enough chances, pereira can play a few more roles (just about) and he’s cheaper.

Judas

Open to offers
I just don't get the fascination with Pereira on here. He's woeful.

At least Lingard has been good previously.
Yep. At his best Lingard will always be better than Andreas based on the evidence they've both shown for the first team.

Lingard will always have the FA Cup winner to his name too, which is totally forgotten on here it seems.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yep. At his best Lingard will always be better than Andreas based on the evidence they've both shown for the first team.

Lingard will always have the FA Cup winner to his name too, which is totally forgotten on here it seems.
Lingard can at least still try attempt to interlink with Rashford & Martial the way he used to even if he ends up not pulling it off - pereira doesn't even come close to this in my opinion.

Its in the big games against spurs & City I think Lingard did average to okay when we won.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd let them battle it out to the death, then kill the winner.

Web of Bissaka

Lingard used to have the purple patch Lingod form, play for England consistently, and won FA Cup, Shield, EL and CC.

Andreas have zero nothing.

Therefore Lingard is better and we must play him more.
Let's ignore which one is more (very slightly) useful now. The Past is more important!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
11 Pereiras vs 11 Lingards, wonder which team will win.

Might be draw as both lack quality to create and score.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Lingard used to have the purple patch Lingod form, play for England consistently, and won FA Cup, Shield, EL and CC.

Andreas have zero nothing.

Therefore Lingard is better and we must play him more.
Let's ignore which one is more (very slightly) useful now. The Past is more important!
More? How much more before you realise that he’s had his time here. He’s Championship level now

yamo123x

Both have had long enough to prove themselves IMHO.
As they are academy graduates then it appears they have been given extra time but neither are producing, other than the odd flash.
The issue remains OLE seems a big fan of both, "Jesse and Andi"

In the summer above all we have to sign James Maddison, this guy is unbelievably good and is getting better all the time.

Strats

Lingard is like prime Zidane when compared with Pereira he’s fecking useless.

Both should be sold in the summer, but at least with a Lingard he does have the odd decent game in him.
Sorry but Jesse Lingard in the same sentence as ”prime Zidane”(even if I understand what you mean) is just..

But yes, both of them should be off. Lingard first in my opinion, absolutely appaling that he’s getting close to 200 appearances for this club. Big wages, a shite attitude and seek for fame instead of improvement.

Pereira has been better this season although not close to being good or consistent enough.

zenith

Gun to my head.

I'd pick Andreas ahead of lingard as the former has been less crap when played as a no. 10.

Lingard otoh..

EireRed_GS

If i was forced to choose between them Id have to pick Andreas, simply down to the fact whilst being quite poor, he gets the boot in and shakes up MF a little. Only redeeming quality.

When it comes to Lingard, ive never seen a player get as many 2/10 ratings in one season, and we're only past the half way point. Unforgivable stuff

iKeano

Which illness would you prefer?

Pereira, simply because I havent had to endure his terribleness as long as I've had to endure Jesse Shinguard.

Two terrible players.

Withnail

This is like the episode of South Park where they had the election between the giant douche and the turd sandwich

Edit: In saying that I'd have Pereira over Lingard. He'll at least pop up with an assist now and again. Lingard is worse than useless at this stage.

The Red Thinker

I’d pick neither. Off they go in the summer. Lingard has lost what made him relevant. Perreira is not for this level.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Add Mata to this too.

And people acting like it is absurd we might have interest in Grealish, Maddison and Cantwell.

Based Adnan

At least Pereira forced a decent save off the keeper and provided a good chance which Williams skied over. What did Lingard actually do this game?

arnie_ni

Both need sold. One of our major issues is our squad depth is shite. We need a number of good players not one great player

Mike Smalling

Pereira is crap, but at least there are glimpses of good play in there. Lingard doesn't even look like a professional footballer most of the time, and that is not even a joke.

DRM

Perreria has a nice fade, that's about it.
Lingard, feck knows.

Both shit.

DRM

Pereira is crap, but at least there are glimpses of good play in there. Lingard doesn't even look like a professional footballer most of the time, and that is not even a joke.
I feel like he's not even trying anymore, he knows hes leaving OT so no effort in his performances

mattunited1978

doommonger
Fekin abysmal the pair of them, consistently awful...id rather share there minutes out between any youngsters who can kick a ball straight...literally impossible to be any worse than this pair.

RedDevilRoshi

Both are as s**** as each other. Hard to choose which one is the better/worse.

Get the pair of these imposters out of the club

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Neither should play for any club in the top half of the league. Both relegation fodder. Hell even relegation fodder wouldnt start them as regulars. Neither would get in Villa's midfield with Grealish and McGinn, while Norwich have Buendia and Cantwell who are both better, as examples.

The amount theyve been used by United is fecking ridiculous. Need selling asap.