Andreas Pereira vs Jesse Lingard

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just knew we would be woeful with both of them starting.

Lingard was worse of the two.

Josep Dowling

Both shite. That’s all that needs to be said on either. Should be shifted as soon as possible.

Mickson

I feel that Lingard has some kind of footballing brain and some kind of nice touch sometimes. Andreas Pereira is just a freestyle kind of player. Can do something good in isolation, like a free kick. But he can't handle the tempo of playing at the highest level, where Lingard, in form, can do that. Pereira is one of the worst players I've ever seen play regularly for United.

Utdstar01

I feel that Lingard has some kind of footballing brain and some kind of nice touch sometimes. Andreas Pereira is just a freestyle kind of player. Can do something good in isolation, like a free kick. But he can't handle the tempo of playing at the highest level, where Lingard, in form, can do that. Pereira is one of the worst players I've ever seen play regularly for United.
What, 2 years ago?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This is like discussing who is the best ice skater between a depressed water-buffalo and a rhino with his hands tied behind his back. The natural answer is whoever makes you "go wow I didn't know he could do that" more than the other. One being better than the other doesn't mean anything at all.

Djemba-Djemba

When I first started reading the caf there used to be Rooney vs Ronaldo debates.

This is a very different kind of debate isn't it.

passing-wind

Pereria is complete garbage but Lingard does have his uses its just Ole can't get the best out of a number 10 at this club unless they are world class to go beyond his useless coaching instructions ala Pogba / Bruno. I genuinely feel that Lingard can play in a possession system with movement around the midfield but Pereria isn't suited to English football nor the level of the league, he needs to move to somewhere like the French Lige 1 to look decent.

MrBest

Would be happy to get 20m for both, that would be 20m profit. I seriously think Gomes and Garner are much better options despite there lack of experience. Would rather take a punt on the future than watch these two average players.

hobbers

I don't think they would be regular starters for a single other club in the Prem. I really don't. Yet apparently they're 30 game per season players at Manchester United. :lol: Fecking embarrassment.

They make the old fringe players look like actual footballing gods. I'm talking the Richardsons, Tosics and the Eagles here.

But in terms of number of games per season these two jokesters are getting you really have to be putting them in the Park/Fletcher/Nani bracket. Just boggles the mind.

Tony247

Would be happy to get 20m for both, that would be 20m profit. I seriously think Gomes and Garner are much better options despite there lack of experience. Would rather take a punt on the future than watch these two average players.
20m!! Which League 2 team will punt 20m on one player?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Djemba vs Kleberson
Liam Miller vs Bebe
CBJ vs Mc Nair
Solskjaer vs Moyes

The debate goes on....

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don't think they would be regular starters for a single other club in the Prem. I really don't. Yet apparently they're 30 game per season players at Manchester United. :lol: Fecking embarrassment.

They make the old fringe players look like actual footballing gods. I'm talking the Richardsons, Tosics and the Eagles here.

But in terms of number of games per season these two jokesters are getting you really have to be putting them in the Park/Fletcher/Nani bracket. Just boggles the mind.
They would not. Both of them have a decent engine and will run around a lot, that's it.

The only time this year they've looked the part was when we played Tranmere

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
They're not premier league level at all. The 15 minutes with Bruno on the pitch highlights the difference between an actual footballer and these two idiots.

Andersonson

I would take Lingard. Atleast provided some very important goals for us in the past.

Andreas hasnt provided anything besides a good pre season

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lingard has intelligent movement on and off the ball but sadly his technical skills with the ball just aren't good enough to allow him to make meaningful contributions for a sustained period of time.

Perreira has better technical skills, but he might just be the worst decision maker I've seen play for Utd. He constantly makes the wrong runs, plays the wrong balls and generally shows zero on pitch awareness.

No comparison. Pereira isnt great but he is capable of being a cog in a half decent team and will pop up with a good performance from time to time. Lingard will struggle to stay in the PL once we cut him loose.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Both are terrible and my head hurts when I see any of them in the starting lineup but at least Pereira is capable of some decent crosses/assists when he’s on the right side of the pitch.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Lingard is completely devoid of any confidence, everytime he gets the ball he just tries to win the foul as he knows he won’t do anything useful.

Stadjer

Lingard also looks at the stage where he knows he is horrible football player and therefor he wont try anything since it wont come off. Run a bit towards the ball, receive a ball, go for the easy side way pass and run away from the ball again. That is what he does most now.

Pereira still thinks he is capable of doing something good. He will try to shoot, pass or cross. Most of the time he doesnt choose the right option but he tries something.

In the end he doesnt really matter though... both arent good enough.

romufc

How much longer must this go on until Ole realises the team plays absolutely shit with these two in the team.

How can we still start these guys?

Djemba-Djemba

This season Pereira has been better.

Just off the top of my head he put in a lovely cross for Martial to score against Chelsea on the opening day and he also won the ball then played Martial in to score away at Burnley with a very nice pass.

Lingard has contributed feck all.

Both are terrible players that shouldn't be at Utd but Lingard has been far and away our worst player this season. That's just a fact.

King_Cantona07

Periera contributes once a while via assists and better short passes, makes himself available for passes. Lingard runs away from ball with the opening up space look, while all he does is run closer to a defender so that the ball carrier cannot pass to him. Lingard has no assists or goals for a long term starting majority of the games. Lingard wont even start for the likes of bottom half table clubs consistently, he is that bad.

Alabaster Codify7

Championship teams might struggle to give them game-time, they are appalling players who have been given long contracts at a supposed big club. I'm furious with Ole for green-lighting Pereira's extension in the summer and if he does the same with Lingard, it should open a few eyes.

Steve Bruce

When you seen dalot, mata, lingard & Pereira in midfield yesterday, after the initial 'oh f%#k moment, what are you playing at ole'. I tried to be glass half full saying to myself, well maybe Jesse or Andreas might see the opportunity and take the bull by the hornets. Alas after 10 minutes I knew my initial reaction was the correct one.

2 tubes, shouldn't be near the club. Take Jones with you on your way out.

Bristol_Red_87

Both are luxury players. Put World class players around them and they'd both look "half" decent.

However, we don't have that luxury.

You could say the same about so many of our players (ala Dalot, Mata, Lindelof and to a lesser degree, James and Martial).

Dalot and Pereira made my blood boil last night though. So far off the pace, of which was hardly electric!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I started this thread at the beginning of the season with the hope that one of them could raise their level to be a first teamer, both been given more chances than they deserve and failed miserably

I'd possibly still keep Pereira as a squad option (never CM though), but Lingard needs to go and have a fresh start elsewhere

Schmeichel=God

Haha fair point! Although i did mean 20m in total for both but on review seems a bit steep.
£1. £1 is too much.

I've just paid £1 for a lucky dip on PES online. And out of 85 players rated 80+/100, who do I pull?.....

Feel my pain.

Look at him...

And look at these magnificent stats...
...85 tight possession stands out

Glorious

Last edited: