Andreas Pereira

Cold_Boy

Was going to ask how he is doing recently.

Have we signed him? Or just a pre-contract agreement?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Do we have further background information on him? I just read some time ago that we signed him from PSV and that his parents are from Brasil

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
is this the kid that confirmed the deal on his twitter account a few months ago?

mista john

I understand Andreas Pereira was due to sign for United on January 1st when he reached 16. His father Marcos is Brazilian and is 36, younger than Ryan Giggs. Marcos played for several Belgian clubs including Sint Truiden and Royal Antwerp. Andreas is a Belgian national and plays for U16 national team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think he tweeted that he'll come to Manchester once this tournament is finished.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

ByronSteve

Manchester United
Manchester United: A Closer Look at Andreas Pereira, the Signing from PSV
By
Yoosof Farah
(Featured Columnist) on November 8, 2011

6,825 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 05: The match ball during the Barclays Premier League match between Manchester United and Sunderland at Old Trafford on November 5, 2011 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)
Andreas Pereira: A Player With Huge Potential at Manchester United
Michael Regan/Getty Images

A super-talented attacking midfielder, 15-year-old Andreas Pereira has confirmed his transfer from PSV Eindhoven to Manchester United.

He said: "I knew that PSV had given me my chance, but Manchester United is obviously a great club."

"Other British clubs were interested. I thought about it, but Manchester United is a dream club for me. I have been a few times to Manchester United to have a look."

"I got a tour and spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson. Being a 15-year-old and being able to talk with him is great!"

As has been well-documented, the youngster is said to be one of the best young players in Europe, but that's all that has been reported.

So what else is there to know about Pereira? A Brazilian-born Belgium U16 International, Pereira is a player in the Paul Scholes mould.

He has remarkable technical ability for a player of his age and even better ability with the ball than a lot of players at the U19 level and perhaps higher.

His touch and ability to control the ball is very good, while his ability to pluck the ball out of the air is reminiscent of a young Gonzalo Higuain or Dimitar Berbatov.

Pereira is also good at dribbling, but like his future United teammate Nani (especially in the Portugal winger's younger years), he can overstep the mark a bit too frequently.

Where he really excels running with the ball is in his ability to retain possession under pressure in an almost Xavi Hernandez type of manner.

Make Up Your Own Mind On Andreas Pereira

In terms of his passing—one of the main reasons he's so coveted—Pereira is like a young Scholes or Xavi in his vision. He seems able to pick out the run of almost any teammate, and more often than not is accurate with his pass.

His one problem is that he does prefer to seek out the Hollywood pass when better, easier options are available, but that's understandable for a young player who's looking to impress.

In terms of his shooting, he has a decent long-range shot on him, but he does lack the accuracy to be a world-class midfield finisher, so it may be a while before he scores a Frank Lampard number of goals from the middle.

Defensively, he offers a good eye for the interception. Being a player who's always on the lookout for where to play the next pass, Pereira has good ability to read his opposite number's game, and he uses that well to make some key interceptions.

Tackling-wise he isn't the best, again like Paul Scholes, but that isn't really part of his role anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.

Overall, he is a player who definitely fits in with the Manchester United way of playing, and if his performances up until now are anything to go by, Andreas Pereira is a player with huge potential and perhaps an even bigger re-sale value.

Andreas Pereira Rating

Shooting: 7/10

Passing: 9/10

Tackling: 4/10

Vision: 8/10

Heading: 6/10

Dribbling: 7/10

Technique: 10/10

Potential: 10/10

Potential Transfer Value: £40 million

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
It's great to sign these wonderkids but it seems every single one of them are being proclaimed as "one of the best at their age". Don't get me wrong I'm sure they are highly talented, but it almost provides a false sense of hope that all these players will make it whereas in reality it maybe only one or two from each batch. Let's hope he is as good as is being claimed, we all know that with youth players, things are capable of changing quickly.

jb8521

An administrative error at Manchester United means new signing Andreas Pereira won't be able to play competitive football until next season.

Voetbal International says documents from United detailing Pereira's housing and host family failed to be lodged in time to FIFA and so his release from PSV Eindhoven will not be rubberstamped until the market reopens at the end of the season.

Pereira can still train with United and play in friendlies.

Man Utd administrative cock-up delays Andreas Pereira move - Yahoo! New Zealand Sport

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Manchester United
Manchester United: A Closer Look at Andreas Pereira, the Signing from PSV
By
Yoosof Farah
(Featured Columnist) on November 8, 2011

6,825 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 05: The match ball during the Barclays Premier League match between Manchester United and Sunderland at Old Trafford on November 5, 2011 in Manchester, England. (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)
Andreas Pereira: A Player With Huge Potential at Manchester United
Michael Regan/Getty Images

A super-talented attacking midfielder, 15-year-old Andreas Pereira has confirmed his transfer from PSV Eindhoven to Manchester United.

He said: "I knew that PSV had given me my chance, but Manchester United is obviously a great club."

"Other British clubs were interested. I thought about it, but Manchester United is a dream club for me. I have been a few times to Manchester United to have a look."

"I got a tour and spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson. Being a 15-year-old and being able to talk with him is great!"

As has been well-documented, the youngster is said to be one of the best young players in Europe, but that's all that has been reported.

So what else is there to know about Pereira? A Brazilian-born Belgium U16 International, Pereira is a player in the Paul Scholes mould.

He has remarkable technical ability for a player of his age and even better ability with the ball than a lot of players at the U19 level and perhaps higher.

His touch and ability to control the ball is very good, while his ability to pluck the ball out of the air is reminiscent of a young Gonzalo Higuain or Dimitar Berbatov.

Pereira is also good at dribbling, but like his future United teammate Nani (especially in the Portugal winger's younger years), he can overstep the mark a bit too frequently.

Where he really excels running with the ball is in his ability to retain possession under pressure in an almost Xavi Hernandez type of manner.

Make Up Your Own Mind On Andreas Pereira

In terms of his passing—one of the main reasons he's so coveted—Pereira is like a young Scholes or Xavi in his vision. He seems able to pick out the run of almost any teammate, and more often than not is accurate with his pass.

His one problem is that he does prefer to seek out the Hollywood pass when better, easier options are available, but that's understandable for a young player who's looking to impress.

In terms of his shooting, he has a decent long-range shot on him, but he does lack the accuracy to be a world-class midfield finisher, so it may be a while before he scores a Frank Lampard number of goals from the middle.

Defensively, he offers a good eye for the interception. Being a player who's always on the lookout for where to play the next pass, Pereira has good ability to read his opposite number's game, and he uses that well to make some key interceptions.

Tackling-wise he isn't the best, again like Paul Scholes, but that isn't really part of his role anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.

Overall, he is a player who definitely fits in with the Manchester United way of playing, and if his performances up until now are anything to go by, Andreas Pereira is a player with huge potential and perhaps an even bigger re-sale value.

Andreas Pereira Rating

Shooting: 7/10

Passing: 9/10

Tackling: 4/10

Vision: 8/10

Heading: 6/10

Dribbling: 7/10

Technique: 10/10

Potential: 10/10

Potential Transfer Value: £40 million
A hybrid Scholes-Higuain-Berbatov-Nani-Xavi player.

feck me. Can't wait to see him play.

:wenger:

mista john

Andreas Pereira's dad has told Het Nieuwsblad that his son hopes to be playing in the United first team within two years. Pereira was playing in midfield (in training) with Paul Scholes last week and with Rooney up front (HNB). Pereira played for Belgium U16s on Monday (lost 1-0 to Ukraine) and they play Slovakia tonight. PSV's Bakkali also playing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sounds promising.

Hopefully he can be our reserve muppet for a few years while pogba tries it on with juve.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
atleast he follows us. no real madrid saga if he does become a bit good........:nervous:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Andreas Pereira's dad has told Het Nieuwsblad that his son hopes to be playing in the United first team within two years. Pereira was playing in midfield (in training) with Paul Scholes last week and with Rooney up front (HNB). Pereira played for Belgium U16s on Monday (lost 1-0 to Ukraine) and they play Slovakia tonight. PSV's Bakkali also playing.
That's probably what Paul Pogba thought...:nervous:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Quite possibly. Turns out he did get games for the first team within two years. So his wishes came true.

Hopefully this lad doesn't hire an agent to whore him round Europe to the highest bidder while he's waiting.
Indeed.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to seeing this lad play. All I've seen are the YouTube videos and he looks like a cracking player.

jb8521

Video of Pereira playing in Turkish tournament for Belgium under 16s

Drainy

based on that video he looks very talented- particularly his close control, balance, vision, set piece taking and passing ability, but you'd have to say he looks pretty one-footed.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He looks fecking amazing going by that video. That bit of skill at 6:37 is laughably good.

Will Absolute

Jaysus! That's what I call a UTube vid. And it's not even a greatest hits compilation - just a few games from a single tournament.

I think he showed every desirable footballing attribute in those clips - the little f**ker can even tackle.

Reminds me a little of Ronnie. #wipes away tear#

I know it's only under 16's but....

Caveat: He'll have to eliminate that little stutter in his penalty run ups. Some cranky ref is bound to disallow one.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Jaysus! That's what I call a UTube vid. And it's not even a greatest hits compilation - just a few games from a single tournament.
Indeed

Looks very promising to say the very least. Like you say, that is just from a few games! He looks a bit greedy but immensely talented.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks unreal! to be that talented at 16 is mental, he does things people 10 years older can only dream of.

Has some free kick on him too!, but i love his composure on the ball, his agility and little body shuffles along with his good footwork mean his markers just cant get anywhere near him.

Certainly looks a massive prospect :drool:

So will he be in the reserves next year? or academy

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Looks unreal! to be that talented at 16 is mental, he does things people 10 years older can only dream of.

Has some free kick on him too!, but i love his composure on the ball, his agility and little body shuffles along with his good footwork mean his markers just cant get anywhere near him.

Certainly looks a massive prospect :drool:

So will he be in the reserves next year? or academy
First team :jol:

Academy I assume.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Always have to be cautious before making judgements from you tube clips but can't help but get excited by that really.

He's only just turned 16 in January so he'l most likely spend the next two seasons in the u18s, but if he's as good as he looks there he'l be playing reserve football by the end of next season, maybe sooner.

The academy team next year will have an unbelievably gifted midfield that will include Pereira, Daehli, Januzaj, Rothwell, Pearson, Barmby and Harrop. All are are very technical players and could well produce some fantastic football.

jb8521

Always have to be cautious before making judgements from you tube clips but can't help but get excited by that really.

He's only just turned 16 in January so he'l most likely spend the next two seasons in the u18s, but if he's as good as he looks there he'l be playing reserve football by the end of next season, maybe sooner.

The academy team next year will have an unbelievably gifted midfield that will include Pereira, Daehli, Januzaj, Rothwell, Pearson, Barmby and Harrop. All are are very technical players and could well produce some fantastic football.
Kenji Gorre, James Weir and Jack Rudge, Paddy McNair and Yussif Adam are also eligible again next year so the under 18s will have some great options in midfield next year

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Kenji Gorre, James Weir and Jack Rudge, Paddy McNair and Yussif Adam are also eligible again next year so the under 18s will have some great options in midfield next year
You've any idea if we've signed Noe Baba or not?

Cold_Boy

fecking hell he looks bloody amazing!!!!

Close control, passing, vision , confidence seems to have every thing.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Dare I say he reminds me of Zidane in the ease he moves the ball and beats players. Looks very impressive, even more so given the state of the pitches. Horrible playing on bumpy and dry pitches.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
what about pearson? The last two games I think he's been our best player. Hoping he can steer clear of injury. No doubt we've got plenty of options.

lysglimt

Scout
Pretty much the same as always then...hundreds of talented midfielders, 1 or 2 strikers and next to no decent defenders ? :)