Andreas Pereira

Brightonian

Lots of good signs in this pre-season that this is the year he'll really step up and become the consistently key player that he is capable of being.

Definitely still looks like he'll become a CM, to me. He's got the tackling, the tenacity, and he loves to pick the ball up nice and early rather than waiting for someone else to deliver it to him. At the very least he'll be an AM in the 433 sense, a real midfielder with an attacking brief, rather than a more forward-style #10.

He links up so well with Lawrence whenever they play together. They're always on the same wavelength.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I want to see him as the catalyst for the reserves this season. Make him captain and make him the main man. I think knowing it is on him he'll step up and assert himself on games more. Wouldn't mind seeing him going on loan in January either. Maybe to the Eredivisie and then to the Bundesliga next season. I think those leagues would suit his style more and they'd be more forgiving to a young lad who makes a mistake than the Championship. He's lived in the Netherlands before too so should be no problem of him going there. Maybe even send another of our lads over for the experience too.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I want to see him as the catalyst for the reserves this season. Make him captain and make him the main man. I think knowing it is on him he'll step up and assert himself on games more. Wouldn't mind seeing him going on loan in January either. Maybe to the Eredivisie and then to the Bundesliga next season. I think those leagues would suit his style more and they'd be more forgiving to a young lad who makes a mistake than the Championship. He's lived in the Netherlands before too so should be no problem of him going there. Maybe even send another of our lads over for the experience too.
My main concern with loans to Holland and the like, is that the players never experience the reality of top flight English football.

At the end of the day however, it really is player dependent. So if the coaching staff think an overseas loan is preferable to a Championship loan for him then they will be better placed to judge.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
My main concern with loans to Holland and the like, is that the players never experience the reality of top flight English football.

At the end of the day however, it really is player dependent. So if the coaching staff think an overseas loan is preferable to a Championship loan for him then they will be better placed to judge.
I think you can say the same about playing in the Championship. The type of football played in the Championship compared to the Premier League, especially the top sides, can be extremely different.

As you say though, I'll accept whichever decision the coaching staff make as I am sure they know more than me.

FromTheBench

Travelling in the squad today.

Dunno, if he will make it to the matchday squad but good to see.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Personally think this kid has almost Januzaj like talent in him, but doesn't show it reguarly, I really feel like we're playing him in the wrong position in the youth, I'd like to see him play the old Scholes role, deep lying rather than behind the forward. my 2cents.

Loublaze

ATLien
Hope this kid is not just let go like we're apparently doing to Varela.

Sweet Square

Consistently is he's biggest problem although you would image it will get better the older he gets.Still would be great if he could some minutes today as he's got all the talent.

kundalini

The kid's got plenty of class. Performance a mixture of superb and awful. An exciting 45 mins. If he had more defensive awareness we might be able to risk him in central midfield when Herrera is missing but perhaps not quite ready.

Iron Stove

He was the only player on the pitch to impress me today. He might have got a bit greedy at times, but he actually looked for the ball. A non-bottler, which is a rarity among United players these days if you could believe it.

Castia

Along with Wilson they were the only positives from today, he's not quite ready for the first 11 but the talent is there for all to see, he could be a special player if he keeps on developing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looked quite good today. One of the youngsters I have hope for from the current crop. Him, Pearson, Januzaj (still a youngster technically) and of course, Wilson all have huge potential. The latter 2 especially, who I think are dead certs to become top players as long as they stay clear of injuries, but the first 2 as well.

Decotron

I think his performance last night on front of LVG will go a long way to cementing him as a squad player with the first team. As the season goes on I can see him getting playing time ahead of Fletcher and Anderson.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think his performance last night on front of LVG will go a long way to cementing him as a squad player with the first team. As the season goes on I can see him getting playing time ahead of Fletcher and Anderson.
I hope so, has genuine class and is far more deserving of a place on the bench.

Sam

Looks like he's already leapfrogged Anderson.

Metaphorically speaking of course. Physically, that'd be impossible.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Looks like he's already leapfrogged Anderson.

Metaphorically speaking of course. Physically, that'd be impossible.
:lol:

Gerald G

Well he was ahead of Anderson on the bench vs QPR so I hope that's the start.

He's started the season really well. He has all the ability but he's been far too inconsistent but this season he's done well and seemingly impressed/impressing van Gaal. If none of our injured players have returned then I expect to see him on the bench vs Leicester. But with it being an away match I won't be surprised to see a more experienced member on the bench such as Anderson. But I would rather see a youngster that has a chance of making it here play, than someone whose career at United seems to be over.

m1y2

Well he was ahead of Anderson on the bench vs QPR so I hope that's the start.

He's started the season really well. He has all the ability but he's been far too inconsistent but this season he's done well and seemingly impressed/impressing van Gaal. If none of our injured players have returned then I expect to see him on the bench vs Leicester. But with it being an away match I won't be surprised to see a more experienced member on the bench such as Anderson. But I would rather see a youngster that has a chance of making it here play, than someone whose career at United seems to be over.
over? hes got another decade ahead of him here. I can well imagine that he would hang his boots here and go straight to coaching taking over from Nicky Butt, he seems to enjoy his spells even in reservers..